Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

3rd Gen BTF Spacers

Bump $220
  2. A

3rd Gen BTF Spacers

I have a brand new, never installed BTF lift kit for 3rd gen Ex's. Purchased from Brandon @ BTF, found out there was more work needed on the explorer than I wanted to have done, so I have to get rid of it. Comes with all hardware that I received. Lift is 2.25" front, 1.75" rear. Asking $240...
  3. A

6" closer to God

There are a bunch of stickies on the Modified page about your lift options. Body Lift is your cheapest option, but won't net you any more clearance http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219234 BTF Spacers will give you ~1.5 times the spacer height in lift. The largest...
  4. A

Installed 7" Touchscreen - Pioneer AppRadio 2

Just use butt connectors, like he mentioned. I did for my install, and they worked just as well. Just be sure to tape them up nice (or heatshrink?), you don't want your radio shorting out while driving down the road. http://amzn.to/12xDmgC
  5. A

Parting out 2003 Explorer 4dr 2wd XLT

Do you happen to know if the rear diff can be used in a 4wd as well? Seems to me like it should be able to, as it's the same gear ratio and all. Let me know your thoughts, I might be interested. EDIT: Nevermind! I finally got around to looking up my axel code, I have the 3.73 rear end. Serves...
  6. A

Alex's 03 Explorer

Hi All! Alex from Mount Airy (Frederick) MD checking in :salute: I figured now would be a good time to start one of these, while it's still in (somewhat) stock shape. Have big plans for the summer, hopefully they will actually come to fruition. Anyway, here's how it looks now. Not sure why it...
  7. A

Bring Offroading back to Allegany County!

Well, I wasn't able to make it out there like I planned on. Unfortunately a snowstorm was supposed to come through that afternoon/night, so it probably affected lots of plans of going. But hopefully someone on here did, and can report back!
  8. A

Headunit install question

If you mean two wires on the parking brake, then it should connect to the ground (black) wire. Basically, at least how my head unit worked was, it checks the state of the HU before starting, then right after starting. If the state didn't change between grounded and not grounded, playback is...
  9. A

Bring Offroading back to Allegany County!

There's a proposal to bring a series of off roading trails into Allegany County in MD. Anyone who has been on the Greenridge/Poplar Lick ORV trails now knows how far we have to travel to find a "legal" place to wheel. I'm not sure what the DNR means by "residents", whether it be county...
  10. A

in need of btf spacers!

Dammit, James, why aren't those in your for sale thread :D I was thinking about asking if you were selling, Grizzly beat me to it. Seriously, though, if something happens and he can't buy them, PM me, I might be interested.
  11. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Yeah, I was thinking about cutting up a double din dash kit to try and get a more permanent mount, and one that wasn't just barely held in place. It's cold here, so I'm pretty quickly losing motivation to keep working on it. Slowly but surely, I'll get there. Also, I realized yesterday that if...
  12. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Well, I'm an idiot. I'm going camping tomorrow and just realized today that I never plugged back in my 4x4 controls. I did that, and guess what? The plug for the nexus doesn't fit anymore. I don't have time to mess around with it at the moment, so for the foreseeable future, I'm just going to...
  13. A

HID lighting kits

You did this with no projector lens? How's the cutoff? I've been thinking about doing this, but I'm worried about blinding people
  14. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Yeah, it definitely is going to be annoying. I gotta work on getting it out quickly, without having to pop out the trim first. I'm also starting to get concerned about how this is going to hold up in the summer. Obviously I don't have to worry about that yet, but it's something to think about...
  15. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Yeah, I've seen that setup while I was looking around at them. I don't know what that guy was thinking though... mounting it on the A pillar. Hope he doesn't get into an accident. And you can easily hook up up any usb peripheral to the N7. Since they came out with an 11 pin micro usb, all you...
  16. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Funny you should say that, all day today I've been researching single din units and remote faceplate mounting. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go that route. It's simple, and the best way to get everything I need and still have that wow factor. Unfortunately, TuneIn doesn't get clear channel...
  17. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

I wish I would have read this before I finished. I'm definitely going to invest in a DAC, that will probably clear up the noise I'm hearing, so that's good. I completely removed the old stereo. I had a Pioneer avh-p4300dvd before, and I'm probably going to sell it once I figure out a better...
  18. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

Original post updated robbieas - I was thinking about trimming that myself, but I actually like the angle that it provides. With it, it points right at you.
  19. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

First decision I have to make, do I want it in front of, or behind the dash? In front: Behind:
  20. A

Nexus 7 head unit!

I forgot to plug in the 4x4 controls. The following write-up does not work yet. The other day I noticed how well the Nexus 7 fit in the head unit slot. I know I've seen it done all over the internet, but I don't think anyone on this forum has done a write up, especially for this year explorer...
  21. A

03 Explorer Transmission issue

I had that exact same problem in my X. After my 2nd a 4th gears were completely shot, I got the transmission replaced with a Jasper tranny. After I got it back, I had the same symptoms you had. I wish I could remember the exact problem the shop told me, but from what I can remember, it was a...
  22. A

Stock explorers good off road?

I took my X to greenridge in western maryland last summer. Did great off road! Everything was stock, although I did get brand new tires before I went out there. It was about 12 miles total, mud everywhere (it had just rained), and some decent puddles. None of them were over a foot deep though.
Back