Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Going to the dark side.

After having owned a Lexus and now an Acura, both were and are my wife’s vehicles, I have to say unequivocally that Japanese automotive technology is second to none, heads and tails better than Ford. I owned a first-generation Eddie Bauer Explorer back in ’90 or ’91 and then a redesigned ’02...
  2. S

FORD WATER PUMP CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TRANSFERRED TO MICHIGAN

Not being a legal expert it’s too bad this has been transferred to Michigan and to a certain degree kept under wraps. My guess is that this event has happened in almost every state and therefore should be at the federal level for an overall recall of some sort that could include compensation or...
  3. S

Gather, my brothers, and hear my tale of woe

Sad story. I once received a $2,000 plus refund from a Ford dealership due to their incompetence of a repair. Long-story-short, they did a major repair, failed to test drive afterwards because the problem was still there and later after extensive painful dialogue found out that the problem was a...
  4. S

2013 Explorer Sport - Holy Lemon Batman!

Fully agree with your lessons learned. I owned one Ford way back when with a turbo and since then have never owned a vehicle with turbo in it. I rather go with a larger displacement engine than with the complexities of a turbo or turbos. With that said, some auto manufacturers are better at...
  5. S

Time for new plugs, or something else?

I had a similar problem way back when with a Gen 1 Explorer. The plugs are a good start as an attempt to solve the problem which is what I did but didn't solve it. I then changed the spark plug wires, etc., and then finally took it to a dealership out of frustration. They too initially had...
  6. S

Transmission mount bolt

I would definitely escalate it, because if they did remove and put the bolt back in, you have a strong case IMO.
  7. S

Transmission mount bolt

Perhaps it depends on the dealership, but I was under the impression some work is warrantied for two years. In your particular case, as Peter said, I would ask for the bolt and all related parts. After I went to a dealership for the exhaust fix all of the sudden, I had an actuator problem, why...
  8. S

Voice control ruined after iPod Touch update!

Good idea and hope it works. However, when Apple released an iOS update around the time of the iPhone 7s, there was no turning back on that catastrophic update which caused multiple issues with 6s, but worked well for the 7s at that time.
  9. S

Voice control ruined after iPod Touch update!

Unfortunately, the Sync system is antiquated with no updates of late while Apple and others keep improving and updating their products. At some point and time, the systems diverge and no longer work together, unless Sync is updated so that it is again compatible with updated operating systems...
  10. S

2016 Ford Explorer Limited map update A13 SD card issue

I guess it was an elf that dropped the price below the competition ;)
  11. S

Thanks for the information. Sounds like Ford became smarter, eliminated the copy cats and now offer it at a competitive price.
  12. S

3.10.16180 which I believe is the latest version, plus the last five digits are greater than 12285, so in theory the SD13 card should work.
  13. S

I had the same issue on Amazon going from an SD9 to SD13 card and just returned it. The SD9 card I purchased on Ebay worked well, but SD13 card will not work. It's been a long time, but I also assume the latest software update is still 3.10. This is what one seller asked on Ebay when I asked...
  14. S

windshield washer pump

To me, it clearly sounds like an electrical issue. I do not have the rain assist feature, therefore, if that's what you have and bought a wiper stock without that feature perhaps that could make a difference.
  15. S

windshield washer pump

I'm pretty sure there is another identical relay in the fuse box, therefore, you don't have to buy a new one. You can simply swap them out to see if it works.
  16. S

windshield washer pump

Did you solve this problem and if so what was the solution? TIA
  17. S

windshield washer pump

Easy enough to check. Take out the relay and replace it with another relay with the same specs from another slot. Although I'm sure you did, double-check where you put back the #4 fuse.
  18. S

windshield washer pump

Not saying that this is your exact fix, but it happened to me when I replaced the pump and it was because I played with the fuses before swapping out the pump. There are empty fuse slots where these fuses reside, so I accidentally put one of the fuses into a nonfunctioning empty slot that...
  19. S

2015 Sport won't start below 40 Degrees

My bad, it's early, thanks. It still could be a bad terminal connection, but not related to the bad batch of batteries that caused severe corrosion on the positive terminals way back when.
  20. S

2015 Sport won't start below 40 Degrees

It seems unlikely that you still have the original battery, but the positive terminal has a well know corrosion problem on certain batteries that came with the vehicle. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/corroded-battery-terminal-cable.449331/page-7#post-3743947
  21. S

2011 with 198000 miles

I fully agree with what you've said above, but timing belt replacement on all vehicles that I've owned is either serviced by time/years or mileage, whichever comes first, while the water pump in this engine can fail completely by surprise causing catastrophic damage. Even in the maintenance...
  22. S

2011 with 198000 miles

"Well maintained" How often did you change your oil, coolant, and transmission fluid? TIA
  23. S

Upgrading center channel 3.5" speaker

I have the premium sound system and not the Sony. I replaced the front door speakers, door tweeters and installed 2" mid-range tweeters in the pillars that really improved the sound. Once all speakers were replaced with crossovers in each front door I noticed the center speaker was a bit too...
Back