Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Thumping Front end

Yeah. im starting to think when they did my wheel bearings they got cheap bearing and they have already wore out that fast.
  2. E

Thumping Front end

Anymore ideas?
  3. E

Thumping Front end

On or off gas it still does it.
  4. E

Thumping Front end

I've had this thumping noise(like a flat tire noise) in front end for a few months and its driving me INSANE. it only happens when ur at speeds of 35MPH or more. Ive replaced my ball joints and got my wheel bearings done.. Changed Sway bar links and its still there. Tires are new and balanced...
  5. E

Sunroof.

Had my 98 ford explorer for 3 years... Sunroof has always leaked havn't gotten around to fixing it. it only lifts maybe a inch and thats all it will go not enough to even clean the drain holes... i'm not sure how you remove the glass completely. i think its a seal because with it closed you can...
  6. E

Thermostat problem?

I have a 98 ford explorer... i replaced my therm with new seal i'd say about 6 months ago... because it was staying on cold once replaced it fix the temp problem... but now seems totally different now the truck stays on cold but after 5 minutes my heater blows HOT HOT i didn't think with a stuck...
  7. E

Freaky problem

Just had all my terminals re-soldered because i wasn't getting enough amps before but this problem just started happening lately..
  8. E

Freaky problem

No headlights and all go out for a split second
  9. E

Freaky problem

I got a 98 ford explorer I go work early in morning which I use my headlights I'll be driving and my Dash and headlights and radio will turn off for a second and come back on but lose no power in the engine. Then the abs light come on. It does it randomly how expensive is this problem to fix?
  10. E

What is my Ex worth?

Mine has sunroof and its leather but passenger seat is teared so i got front seat covers but back seats is flawless leather... i was thinking about 3k for it... which i only paid 1500 for the truck but i've put ALOT of money into it.
  11. E

What is my Ex worth?

Nah, i'll have to take some.
  12. E

What is my Ex worth?

At the first of the year income tax time i gotta get a car thats better on gas.. i'm a beer salesmen and have to use my explorer and i use atleast 400 bucks a month if not more in gas... my question is if you guys could tell me what my explorer is worth? Facts about it... 1998 Ford Explorer...
  13. E

Tran fluid leak

From the pan
  14. E

Tran fluid leak

Went got my oil change and you know how they do try to get me to do brake and power steering flush out the ass prices. He pointed out my transmission fluid is leaking he wanted to charge 150 but what could I do to fix this myself. Filter and seal?
  15. E

replacing sunroof..

ive just read about replacing the seals and drain holes really... my best bet sense it only half way works is to replace whatever is making it leak and getting the sunroof to work 100% like its suppose to but im afraid that's gonna cost a lot of cash.
  16. E

replacing sunroof..

yeah, well with the sunroof not going up and out like its suppose to i can't really see all four drains unless i took sunroof out i'm guessing... and tried the vaseline no luck heh
  17. E

replacing sunroof..

Its weird its not really leaking from the inner seal as it is from the outer where you see the outer glass you can hear the wind while driving so its noticeable leak and the sunroof half works it will only go up about 3 inches and doesn't move backwards or anything...
  18. E

replacing sunroof..

Ive delt with my leaky sunroof for atleast a year now and its time to take it in and replace the seal or whatever is wrong with it... has anyone had this problem and if its a seal i'm prob looking at around 200-300 dollars eh?
  19. E

Help urgent

Yeah well it was a new Actuator so i had to put a new hook on and it was hard as hell to put on.. took a few hours you had to jam it on with force use grease etc lol just never remeber it being that hard before... but finally got it workin phew
  20. E

Help urgent

Also have new acuator tryin to change and gettin the new hook on seems impossible to get the silver holder over the plastic what's a easier method?
  21. E

Help urgent

Installed a medal door handle now I'm tryin to think how u reset it to where the handle actually works as it does nothing when u go to open it
  22. E

pads & Rotors

Needing pads and rotors on my explorer... i havnt done this in years how much is to much at a auto part store? i just do daily driving don't need the best brakes lol...
  23. E

door handles =(

Nice, after searching ebay earlier i finally went with this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649&item=250839735679&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT i think its the same as the one you posted..
  24. E

door handles =(

Ive made a thread about this months back.. ive only had my truck over a year and it seems like a work in progress ever sense.. ive broken i don't know how many exterior door handles.. they're made so cheap and 30 bucks a pop isn't cheap.... is there any medal door handles or any good handles you...
  25. E

bad alt?

True, just trying to watch my money right now lol... ive talked to a few friends they said they have ran 3000 rms amps on stock alt and battery for years and years... and mine is no where near that lol.. so its just all confusing.
Back