Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

ABS design flaw?

I also did the switch mod described by wood1 in his post. It was pretty simple and now I have the choice of whether I want the ABS to be active or not. Mandatory CYA caution: Use at your own risk!
  2. R

A "thumbs up" and a rough idle question.

I'm no genius when it comes to things mechanical, so could someone please explain how a bad timing chain could cause an engine to run ok when cold but run badly when warmed up. To my mind, it would seem that a timing chain problem would be evident all the time. Or am I just misunderstanding the...
  3. R

My X's ABS almost made me crash!

I can confirm that the 25 mph figure is BS. My '93's ABS will activate at crawling speeds on snow packed or icy roads. I've done the ABS switch mod so I can choose whether I want it to be active or not.
  4. R

What is the average age of people on the forum????

When I retired, I told my wife there was no longer any need get any older so I'll be 53 for the 5th consecutive year this June...;)
  5. R

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

I recently did this mod while cleaning my throttle body. Since I could see the throttle plate, I had my wife floor the pedal just to see how far it was opening up. To my surprise, it was only opening up about half-way! So, I took up the slack at the pedal with 2 zip ties and now it opens fully...
  6. R

Hello from Colorado

Hey all. I just wanted to say hello and mention how awesome this site is! I just picked up a 93 XLT that has some of the issues that a lot of folks on this site have experienced. I've already fixed my non-functional shift-on the-fly 4X4 system by following the transfer case shift motor rebuild...
Back