Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Coolant leaking somewhere around the firewall

Something better than some expensive stop leak you would purchase at Auto Zone is to go buy some regular black pepper and pore some into your radiator and that stops a lot of leaks. The pepper trys to get out where the leak is just as stop leak would and it swells. Mine was leaking from the...
  2. M

A/C leak?

Okay so I went to Ford and purchased a new service port for $9 (which I was surprised) but now I need to know how much R134a goes into the system to be full. I heard (3) 12oz cans. Does anyone know exactly how many oz's it takes? Hopefully this will be the fix to the problem or I might...
  3. M

A/C leak?

I took the dust caps off of the service port and noticed some green around it and then all of sudden I heard it leaking the R134a out pretty good. How hard is it to replace the service ports? I know you can buy the repair kits which just have the valves and the caps but mine has a...
  4. M

A/C leak?

I have a 94' explorer and I have never had any A/C problems but recently I turned on my A/C and it wasnt blowing out cold air (the clutch wasnt kicking on either) so I went and bought some R134a since I have never charged the A/C and the clutch came on and it started blowing out cold air. A...
  5. M

Radiator Installation

"Often the stock tanks leak where the metal core meets the plastic side tanks. the tabs can sometimes be crimped down more and stop the leak." Yeah its leaking there on the corner where you said the metal meets the plastic sides. It will only leak sometimes when the car is cold it seems...
  6. M

Radiator Installation

My radiator has a small leak and I was wondering how difficult it is to replace on your own. I went to a shop and they quoted me at $330. I checked Auto Zones Website and I can buy the radiator there for $200. I was just wondering how much work it is to replace on an Explorer. I had a 1990...
  7. M

Seafoam Question

Is it true that using seaform can cause your engine to start leaking oil? I have had some people tell me that it works by cleaning the carbon deposits out but by doing so it can move some of the deposits out of the way from places they are covering that would leak if they werent there.
  8. M

Rattle coming from engine

exactly how do u clean the MAF and clean with sea foam??
  9. M

Rattle coming from engine

I have a 94 explorer and when i hit the gas hard accelerating onto the interstate or going up hills i hear a rattle coming from the engine area and it seems to be getting more noticable that it was in the past. Is there any ideas of what this could be?
  10. M

How to wire up tweeters

I have a 94 explorer and I want to install some tweeters. My question is, do I wire the tweeters to the door speakers or somewhere else? Thanks for the info. Marshall
  11. M

Transmission problem?

The Torque Converter was replaced b/c i remember that cost $280 or so when i had it rebuilt but it may be doing that anyway but that is under warranty at least
  12. M

Transmission problem?

I had my Transmission rebuilt less than a year ago and yesterday i was driving and all of a sudden i was hearing a whinning sound (the pitch would go up and then down when i released the pedal) when i hit the gas and i could hear it whind down when i released the pedal. I am going to take it...
  13. M

Factory Alarm wanting to go off

I have a 94 ex with a factory alarm but i never got the fob key for it and so i just put a aftermarket keyless entry (which doesnt have an alarm) in a couple of months ago. When i first got it put in my alarm would want to go off when i opened the door and eventually it just quit and i havent...
  14. M

Muffler Size?

a lot of the aftermarket mufflers i have looked at have shown it being a 2.5
  15. M

Muffler Size?

What size muffler will fit a 94? Also, does anybody know about the flowmaster 40 series mufflers on ebay? I think I wanna buy one ($40 plus ship on ebay) and have it installed for like $20 which would save me about $20 on the total cost. I just wanna know if anyone knows anything about those...
  16. M

Abnormal Water Loss

My brothers radiator seems to be going dry after a day of driving. The radiator, and water pump was replaced a few months ago. He took it to a radiator shop and they couldnt find where it was leaking and we let it run for about 30 minutes and shut it off and look for leaks but never found...
  17. M

V6 guys... what exhaust are you using?

What kind of magnaflow are u running and how much did it cost??
  18. M

K&N filters?

What exactly does a K&N filter do and do u recommend them?
  19. M

Leaking moonroof Please help!

Mine leaked a little bit when my car was just sitting still in a long rain and I could never figure it out. Just thought that i would end up replacing the seal too. Well, one day i was cleaning the interior with Son Of A Gun and i decided to go around all of my weather stripping and wipe it...
  20. M

'93 Moonroof question

I dont understand how they go missing...it seems like every explorer that I looked at was missing the covers
  21. M

Radius Arm Bushing Replacement

it was probably less time to build shooting rivots in there than placing some bolts in it so when the bushing eventually did fail ford could charge $300 to replace them...
  22. M

new to my 1993 XL Limited

btw if u plan on getting a aftermarket cd player put in make sure u get the harness that is for the explorer with the premium audio system b/c there are 2 different harnesses for the explorers
  23. M

I have a limited and there isnt anything major that u will need to know that is different about the mechanics of a limted compared to a reg. explorer with a tow package and such...of course the obvious stuff like the fog lights, rear view mirror, heated outside mirrors, ect...there will be more...
  24. M

Radius Arm Bushing Replacement

When i did mine i took a grinder and cut the rivots and replaced them with bolts so I for some reason if the bushing failed It would be a lot easier to take them back off.
  25. M

i would probably say its a limited and somebody just added the xl
Back