Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Brush guard swap

as far as i know the frame of the sport is the same as the rest of them. i think it only got a face lift in 2001.
  2. 4

My explorer build

upload to photobucket then paste the image code here
  3. 4

Side mirror swap

so i revisited an old thread and apparently the new mirrors aren't a direct swap. one of the bolt holes is slightly off and will need to be moved a bit and re drilled. but other then that it sounds promising.
  4. 4

Side mirror swap

yea i dont remember what other years work. it was one of those things i looked into and never got around to. someone told me that 2011 ranger ones fit right on, not sure about the wiring. i may look back into this i feel there small on the ex. actually now that i look the 2011 ranger mirror...
  5. 4

Side mirror swap

i know 2011 ranger mirrors work
  6. 4

31 inch tires no lift long term problems

heat is the #1 reason when it comes to transmission failure. so if you change tire sizes or gears or overwork any other part in the drivetrain its not going to help regardless of engine size. you can try and add things like fluid coolers, but you should try and keep the tire/gear close. that...
  7. 4

31 inch tires no lift long term problems

long term problems... probably none. cons though, depending on what gear ratio you have vehicle will be a bit more sluggish as well as mpg loss, not much though. other thing to keep in mind if your putting wider wheels on is it might put a bit more stress on things like your hub bearings. but i...
  8. 4

ranger edge powerdome hood on a 2nd gen explorer ??????

dont know about your question but damn dude i wish you a speedy recovery. sounds pretty aweful. which ones were the power domes again they have the crease down the middle?
  9. 4

Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS

does it have a good headliner without sunroof. which center console?
  10. 4

Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS

what in the rear are you looking for? what else do you have left albi?
  11. 4

help with how and why - lifted & crap4mpg

also if your speedo is that far off and your using it to calculate millage, than mpg will come out lower as well.
  12. 4

Locker on AWD v8

all the second gen ex have 8.8. what im trying to say is that if the awd your looking at has a limited slip differential a standard mech locker wont fit the carrier. if its an open rear end that has no clutches a locker will fit. thats not to say that some bigger companies dont make one to fit...
  13. 4

Locker on AWD v8

im pretty sure the awds came with limited slips didnt they? i would wait and see or get the door code to help figure out what it might have. typically a standard locker wont fit in the pumpkin of the l/s diff. i believe there are companies that make some that do (cant remember who anymore) but i...
  14. 4

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

well idk if its standard or not. but i know that geico is one that at least offers auto repairs. ive gotten 2 through my shop in the last few months.
  15. 4

Tom's '97 XLT registry

could just do what i did, get some carriage bolts run them in the track upside down. then just drilled through the brace on my rack and put on a nut.
  16. 4

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

What car insurance do you have? I have heard of some people going through Geico and the like, for repairs.
  17. 4

Tom's '97 XLT registry

dood havent checked out you rig in a while. looks awesome
  18. 4

Finished custom stereo install, stealth sub box and amp locations

they changed it in 98. front and back work off even the same pump i believe.
  19. 4

Build Thread: 2000 Eddie Bauer

they are indeed 5x7. but 6x8s fit right in, thats what i just put in.
  20. 4

Build Thread: 2000 Eddie Bauer

love them both, hurray for matching vehicles! :)
  21. 4

rear tow point?

that tow hook that silver posted came stock on a few explorers. poke around at a junk yard you may find one. theres 3 bolt i believe the bolt to the frame. i have seen them in the for sale section of the forums also.
  22. 4

fender flares...

i wonder if ranger flares work :scratch:
  23. 4

My DIY roof rust repair

i think it came out great. its not very often i see spray paint match up that well lol. very nice!
  24. 4

Building your own roof rack.

i took my cross bars out, so its just the factory side track rails. ill post pictures tomorrow to show you what i mean.
Back