Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

po304 and po316

HI all I'm getting the following codes po304 and 316 2003 ex 4.6 limited symptoms low idle misfire, worse when it warms up idling around 500-600 stalls when coming to a stop give it gas and all is good pulls hard so far new plugs new coils new iac valve....factory ford part...
  2. E

4x4 light flashing. ???

update \i basically ignored the problem all winter. :) got really busy so far I have checked all fuses and relays both hi and low dash lights bulb test fine when you turn the key I can switch to 4x4 low when in neutral. 4x4 low light comes on but i don't hear it engage. \i beleive its...
  3. E

4x4 trouble..any ideas

Hi all 2003 ex limited 4.6 simptoms 4x4 hi flashing periodically. Truck feels like its stuck in 4x4...not really sure I can press 4x4 low when in neutral and hear two clicks/don't hear 4x4 engage/why I think its already stuck in 4x4/ 4x4 low light comes on At this point I can press...
  4. E

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

Many frustrated hours later....I finally found this post. Although my elbow looked fine, it was a really loose fit. I taped it up and what do you know, no more unexpected stalling when I;m off the throttle. Time to search for a couple of elbows. Thanks a bunch.
  5. E

4x4 light flashing. ???

I also just had it undercoated.....hmmmm
  6. E

4x4 light flashing. ???

It happened right after taking the x in for an alignment. I always wonder when stuff suddenly stops working after having it in for some work. I'll have to check the codes if it ever stops raining. Thanks for the tips Colin
  7. E

4x4 light flashing. ???

I've notice the 4x4 light flashing lately when I drive. I can't seem to get to 4x4 high mode. 4x4 low engages fine. I can't tell if I'm in auto mode or not. Does anyone have any ideas, winter is on the way. My 275's wont do so well without 4x4. I've done a bunch of searches but...
  8. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Unfortunately I still have the rake...I can't find a way to get the rear any lower or I would. Thanks for looking. I wish I had pictures of the roll over but It was towed from the scene straight to the shop. Even though I asked for detailed pics, they didn't bother. The next time I saw it, it...
  9. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

[/IMG] [/IMG] Here is a close up of the spacer 1.25 spacer lowered 2 in
  10. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Weird I tried that from image shack but it didn't work for some reason. I was trying to add multiple pics
  11. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

[/IMG] test
  12. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Tooo funny. Yes I did mean roof rack, but that I have had the roof off. The wife rolled her in 2005 and I didn't have collision insurance ( long story). Needed a new roof all new glass, 3 doors etc. Cost me a fortune but I'm glad I kept it.
  13. E

Photos 3rd gen pic's

2003 limited 4.6 lowered 2in. 275 45 20 with 1.25 adapters I never get tired of reading this post. Lots of really nice lifted trucks. Almost makes me want to go up... I don't think I have posted mine so here she is. Lowered about 2in/ 1.25 spacers. 275 45 20's. cant remember the offset...
  14. E

lots of oil in my intake system, what gives?

I think I figured out how all that oil got in there.... The pcv didn't seem to be stuck. I've been racking my brain all week. It just didn't make sense to me. How does around a litre of oil get in there if everything else is well maintained.( I like to think I know what I'm doing). Then it...
  15. E

When added to fuel, I have heard all kinds of things like damaging catalitic converters, fouling plugs, never running right again. When added to oil, makes the oil viscosity go way down, resulting in spun bearings severe internal wear etc.
  16. E

Seefoam always makes me nervous. I've heard so many horror stories.
  17. E

Thanks, I usually run a lighter weight oil since it's cold here. I couldn't get a pcv yesterday but will pick one up on the way home. The old one seems to work fine, moves freely but who knows. It's cheap enough I don't mind doing it.
  18. E

Morning all When I finished installing new plugs and ingnition coils, ( I was due), I picked up the intake assembly off the floor and heard a liquid inside. Naturally I turned it over to take a look. When I did, close to half a litre of dirty black oil poored out. I assume I have a pcv issue...
  19. E

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

I don't think it would matter what offset you tried you would have clearance issues when turning
  20. E

Help I'm stranded.....

At least I can get it to a dealer to have the new keyfobs programmed if I can't get it to work.
  21. E

Help I'm stranded.....

Good news I was able to get the old remote to unlock it once so I'm no longer stranded but the programming is still not working. Unfortunately once you have locked the x with either the remote or the door locks and then unlocked it with the key , the only way to disable seems to be with the...
  22. E

Help I'm stranded.....

HI all Long story short. My only keyfob got wet and is cooked. tired new batteries etc its fried I locked the x with the keyfob berfore this happened. Anti theft is activated because I can't unlock it with the keyfob. I have a new ford keyfob but can't get the reprogramming to work...
  23. E

How much play and how should the belt tensioner feel?

It was the belt tentioner...not the clutch fan....just another spare part for the shelf.
  24. E

How much play and how should the belt tensioner feel?

I have had a noise for a couple of weeks. I assumed it was the fan clutch so I ordered a new one. Even though the fan clutch is being a bitc* and wont break loose, I noticed that the tentioner pulley doesn't seem to spin all that smoothly. Does anyone have any tips on how to ispect it...
  25. E

Nice Surprise after camber kit install

Are you you lowered at all?
Back