Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Are J**ps really pieces of s**t?

Hm, funny. Ricer forums are no good. I'm actually going to lift it and put 35"s on it. :rolleyes: I hate ricers as much as the next SUV driver, so don't worry.
  2. M

Well thank you guys for all your opinions. It did help in my choice on what I was doing after the sale of my X. However, due to gas mileage issues I strayed from Jeeps as well. I just bought a 97 Acura CL. Not anything like I"m used to driving, but I love it. Fast, agile, and what's that...
  3. M

My question is not to get biased opinions. From a truly unbiased point of view, are J**ps really that bad of a vehicle? My '94 X had it's fair share of problems and spent a lot of time in the shop. Are Wr*nglers built well? Trans? Gas mileage? Thanks for your opinions.
  4. M

Brake light crisis.

When I meant odd wiring job,they only did it oddly to the actual wiring harness, once I pulled that off, I thought it would be okay. The Xs wiring is fine, they didn't touch that. And the fuses seem to be all fine, I checkthem again tomorrow and look for burnt out bulbs, but hopefully it's not...
  5. M

Brake light crisis.

After putting on a tow hitch on my X and attaching the Ford brake light harness, the UHaul people did some odd wiring job (I won't discuss it) and I towed the trailer down. The brake lights didn't work, but I figured it was the tow harness and let it go. Yes I know it's bad to tow all the way...
  6. M

having problems shifting out of first - first thing in the morning

The speed governor is probably your answer. My transmission was doing the same thing as well as being completely gone. After 3 times in the shop, they finally told me that it was the governor. They replaced it, and my Explorer is finally all better... well, at least the transmission is :rolleyes:
  7. M

My X is having a mid-life crisis, help (trans)

So earlier in the summer, the X spit it's trans out. Odd as it was (only 2 1/2 years since it had been rebuilt [~35k miles]) we replaced it. Well they had to keep it about 1 1/2 weeks because they couldn't get it done. About 4 days later it started having troubles shifting again. Back it...
  8. M

My X is turning into a sloppy mess, help.

What kind of steering parts? There IS a lot of play in the steering and i want to get rid of it. What would you recommend?
  9. M

My X is turning into a sloppy mess, help.

I had a '91 with about 162k and it made horrible clunking noises when you came into my driveway, and the '94 that we owned at the time was wonderful. It could actually hit a bump and survive. Well now the '94 is mine and it's slowly turning into the '91. It's very harsh when you hit bumps...
  10. M

Strange noise, kind of scary (trans ques)

So I took my X into the transmission shop for it's 3rd time within 97k miles (:() and when it came back it has a weird squeaking noise. It sounds almost like a mount is loose, or like metal rubbing with plastic or glass. I know this is the most difficult thing in the WORLD to explain, but...
  11. M

Odd clicking noise w/ Air Intake Valve?

LOL... Actually we haven't tried unplugging as retarded as that seems. The transmission is out again for the 2nd time in 1 week, so when it gets back I'll try it. Thanks.
  12. M

Odd clicking noise w/ Air Intake Valve?

I have this clicking noise that occurs when the X is turned off and sitting. It sounds electrical, like a switch clicking or something, but we can't figure out what it is. It's only once in a while. We pretty much pinpointed what was making the noise and we looked up what it was in the...
  13. M

I am the proud new owner of a MINI Cooper S.

it should be, the X's transmission keeps going out :(
  14. M

pictures. Here is ours. :)
  15. M

Nope not at all... It was a floor model so we managed to get it. Otherwise it would have been December of 2003 before we would have seen one we had built to order...
  16. M

I am the proud new owner of a MINI Cooper S (pics now). This is the most AMAZING little car I've ever seen. I actually don't own it. My father decided he was going to have a mid life crisis and buy one yesterday afternoon. Bright red. Racing stripes. Supercharger. What more could you...
  17. M

Window broken... HELP

my drivers window broke randomly. So I pulled the door apart and the clip that holds onto the glass has become detached from the glass. I don't even know how that happens. It looks like there was glue of some sort in the clip to keep it attached, but that isn't holding on so much anymore...
  18. M

I'm really starting to hate Explorers (trans)

3 months may be a little too late, but we'll see. I'm sure that if I don't take it you could sell it for sure on here. Just drop me a line when you're in a position to talk about it.
  19. M

That's what I meant by "shaving." I meant that there are shavings in the pan when he pulled it, meaning that it's starting to flip out and strip stuff. Funny though, when I took it in like 2 weeks ago to the same guy and he pulled the pan they said there was nothing wrong with it. Mike by...
  20. M

Yeah sometimes I'm glad that I do'nt have a newer car... they're so hard to tweak with... the only real thing I don't like about my car (other than it's not a V8) is that the spark plugs are pain to get to (well compared to H*ndas and V*lv*s)
  21. M

Why do they have to make them so GOSH DARN COMPLICATED?!
  22. M

Well on the 2nd gen. Explorers, yes the little button. On the 1st gen. Explorers, however, it's a different position to shift into on the column.
  23. M

can i just swap the HU??

YEAR: 1997 MAKE: Ford MODEL: Explorer STYLE: | ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL | WIRE LOCATION | | 12V |yellow | + |ignition harness | | STARTER |red/lt. blue | + |ignition harness | |...
Back