Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Remote Start

No prob. Was looking at this one for my wifes truck and was kinda hoping to get a little input before purchasing. Think its a good deal but was looking for some user input. May just have to get it and let yall know how it works. lol
  2. P

Remote Start

I know this has been threaded to death but couldnt find a good answer or solution. I was looking at website http://www.slickcar.com/bypassvag.asp for a remote start that was found on google. Just put in the year make and model and it came up w/ one for $118.00 that is complete w/ everything...
  3. P

Will This Door Lock Actuator Work?

Click the compatibility tab http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR6/746145.oap?keyword=power+lock&pt=01110&ppt=C0356
  4. P

Will This Door Lock Actuator Work?

Just go to Oreilly's website and check it there. They have a tab on the product page that tells what all the parts are compatible w/. Dont see why it wouldn't thou. I used one from a 98 Ford Taurus on the rear doors of my 00 Explorer cause that was all I had at the moment.
  5. P

Leaf Spring question

Check here but it is showing 3 different spring codes. Do you know yours? http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
  6. P

SOHC Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

NP. That was for an 02 Explorer Sport. Pretty much the same that is in my Haynes manual that stops in 01.
  7. P

SOHC Intake Manifold Torque Specifications

For an 02 from Autozone Repair Guide. Go to Autozone and sign up and you can look at the repair guide. To install: NOTE Ford does not specify a sequence for either upper or lower intake manifolds, but it is recommended that you start tightening in the middle and work your way out to...
  8. P

whistle while accelerating

The other night coming home from diner mine started making a funny noise when I mashed down on the gas pedal to get ahead of a car going slow on the interstate. It started having a whistle. Cross between am exhaust leak and vacuum leak. Got home and one of the hoses from the EGR pipe to DPFE...
  9. P

Explorer 5R55E trans

Most of the jubk yards around me here have a 30 day gaurantee but I hate to put it in to find out its bad. Ive been checking car-parts.com but some of their used prices are just as high as rebuilt or new or way to many miles. I think some of the warranties are only 30 days or so. Automotix...
  10. P

Fuel Pump Relay Switch Location on a 98 5.0?

Unplug the switch and see if you are getting continuity through it. You can also use a jumper wire to see if that helps or not in the place of the inertia switch. Had a Bronco II that a buddy of mine bought cause the guy couldnt figure why it wasnt starting and already replaced both fuel pumps...
  11. P

Explorer 5R55E trans

Ok I am sure someone here will know the answer or correct if I am wrong. I am looking at getting a used trans from a junkyard to have as a backup so when mine goes out I can have a fairly quick turnaround on getting it back on the road. Its a 2000 Ford Explorer w/ the OHV motor. I have...
  12. P

EEC-IV Codes Help Please?

you check the fuse to make sure its not blown or missing
  13. P

EEC-IV Codes Help Please?

You can take it into Advance Auto and get them to read the codes. They have the adapter to check OBDI. I took my 89 GT 5.0 in to get them to read the codes and they did.
  14. P

mysterious wire harness

The owners manual shows where all the switches and such is. Would be easier if you had a pic and or reference to show where it is kinda suppose to be. I know the fog lights and rear wiper is on the right of the radio controls but by what you are saying it is on the left closer to the instrument...
  15. P

mysterious wire harness

Get a pic of it. Could be something for 4x4 or another trim package that wasnt on urs. Pretty much the harness is the same throughout the years.
  16. P

Fog lights don't come on with parking lights??

I think there was a write up on one of the mustang forums awhile back cause the sn95's were like that. The new edge were change to come on w/ the park lights if I recall correctly. The explorers may be the same way.
  17. P

intermittent cel

Advance Auto has the adapters to test OBDI. I took my 89 5.0 GT in there and they pulled codes off of it. They dont like doing tht cause that means more work for them but they can do it and have the equipment to do it.
  18. P

1996 ford explorer v8 xlt

Its the fuel rail. There is a shrader valve on it. Kinda like a valve stem on a tire. Check that and see if you have fuel when it is not cranking or when the key is turned. I was going to post up an attachment but cant for some reason.
  19. P

Fuel pump going out?

Ok didnt know if that was a new prob after filter was changed. Yea prob be good to go ahead and change pump. Could get a 255lph pretty cheap. What does the factory one push out? Prob could go to the V8 sytle or mustang pump inless tehy are the same on the 4.0
  20. P

Fuel pump going out?

Did the prob start before you changed the filter or after. I know it sounds crazy but did you put the filter on correctly?
  21. P

Are you getting fuel at the rail? Fuel cut off switch is bad? Why was the pump changed out in the first place. Doing the same thing or just wasnt working at all?
  22. P

If you paid him to do it at a discount or full price I would take it back and tell him to check the pump. If its bad you have a warranty on it. If he doesnt try to fix I would never let him/her work on my **** ever again. That is a sorry excuse for a mechanic. Even if you didnt pay him he...
  23. P

Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Extreme 180 Install

Not trying to hijack or anything but the fans from a taurus works jsut as well if not better and alot cheaper too. Can find them relative easy at most junkyards. I had a set on one of my 5.0 stangs and it never ran hot. Think I got the fan for like 30 bucks.
Back