Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2020 Aviator

Could it be the 2020, but released in 2019?
  2. R

motor oil debate.

Really is the best all around viscosity...
  3. R

motor oil debate.

Back on topic for the OP... I just changed my '18's oil at 1200 miles. I did a moderate break in, not too soft, not too heavy on the gas. When the oil came out it was BLACK. I didnt see any metallic shavings though. I changed it using walmart materials (5w20 oil with AC Delco filter). I...
  4. R

Scratch one 2011 Explorer

My 18 xlt has pigtail antenna.
  5. R

5w-30

Agree with newer engine lower viscosity thanks for correction. I was thinking of problems I was having with my older f150 and changing to higher viscosity solved my issues.
  6. R

5w-30

I wouldnt even switch back. 5w20 is too thin of an oil, and, in my OPINION, is only used to boost their MPG advertisements. I dont think its good for engines. Stick with the 5w30 if you want a long lasting engine.
  7. R

Can Front & Rear Climate Controls be Synced?

You can control rear climate from the front, but can't sync it to front. So it it Need a to he turned up and down separately from front climate
  8. R

I just came from a GM vehicle. I only kept it 2 years before I had to ditch it. While the options are a cut above the explorer, the reliability was horrible. I'll take a few less options with my explorer before I ever go back to GM. I've had 3 GM'S and 3 Ford's, and can say the Ford's have...
  9. R

2017 XLT 2.3 transmission failure

Good luck... I had the same situation with a Cadillac. Hope it goes well... this whole story is insane... How do you still have this car.
  10. R

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Thanks so much. I'll update and search. Me just being lazy I suppose. Didn't think much info on the models
  11. R

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

2018 LED interior lights Im interested in putting LED lights in the interior of my XLT. Has anyone does this and have the types of bulbs used? Also would love to put them in the approach lights that shine down under the side view mirrors. Thanks in advance!!!!
  12. R

Yeah I saw that... doesnt look like it can be synced to the front seat climate. Thats a little annoying but oh well. Let me know if anyone finds something different.
  13. R

Yes second row climate is what I'm referring to.
  14. R

Just brought home a new 2018 XLT. I was wondering if there is any way to sync the front and rear seat climate without having to manually adjust the rear to match the front. Thanks in advance.
  15. R

Revving at startup

I have an 07 v6 explorer, and when I start the car up it revs really high. Today it reved so high that it stalled out. It doesnt do it every time, but I cant figure out whats going on here.
  16. R

Abs Light, traction control and wrench light

My 2007 v6 eddie bauer has the abs, traction and wrench light, periodically turn on. It all turns off shortly, and no difference in driving. What do you think, sensor or tone ring?
  17. R

Wiring Diagram

Anyone have the wiring diagram needed to install a remote start? I have a 2007 V6 Eddie Bauer Explorer
  18. R

remote start

I decided to go with an autoalarmpro unit. From what I've read they make each system specifically designed for your vehicle. They use T taps for wires that are specifically indicated in the instructions for your particular vehicle. Ill post a review once I get it all together and installed.
  19. R

What remote starter should I get?

Got some great info from this post, thanks cmk0808. So this 7l2z 19g364 aa kit will work with on 07 eddie bauer, v6? Everything needed to install would be supplied with the kit? And... can you send me the diagrams? Also, what do you think about the 7L3Z-19G364-AA kit, and how much more...
  20. R

remote start

I would like a remote start for my 07 explorer. I would really like the oem remote start that uses the existing key fob, as little work as possible. I really dont want to carry around an extra key fob. Suggestions, opinions, comments?
  21. R

Aiming headlights

How do you aim the headlights on a 2007 explorer?
  22. R

Mpg??

What are kind of MPG are you guys getting on your explorers? I have a 2007 6cyl eddie bauer. Im getting 12mpg, which i think is ridiculous... any suggestions on what could be causing thins.
Back