Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod

Stretch yes, and it can probably be done on most cars with that kind of throttle cable. It basically takes the slack out of the stretched cable. OK, an elongated cable!
  2. D

Slave cylinders and clutches

I had a perfection slave in my 96' xlt and it lasted 6 months
  3. D

Who lives in Illinois?

Hi all, I,m out in Yorkville now and I am going to be looking at my 3rd clutch slave in 4 years. Anyone know where I can get the "New and Improved" one at a decent price? I tried Perfection slave and it lasted 6 months. I guess Luk makes it for Ford, Part # F87Z-7A508-AA. Or does Ford have...
  4. D

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Did my LB's the other day thanks to this forum. Saved me at least $350.
  5. D

1996 Ford Explorer XLT. A/C & heat issue.

I seem to be having the opposite problem on my 96' 4.0 just with my A/C. My A/C works fine , then when I switch to Max A/C it blows warm. I know there are threads here, but I can't find one with my particular issue. I checked vacum lines all ready. When I switch from A/C to Max I do not see the...
  6. D

Helix Power Tower PLUS

So I installed the TBS that is supposed to add torque , mpg, and hp. Well it added the 1506 code as my check engine light came on. The Idle is hanging between 2000 and 1500 for about 4 seconds til it drops sloooooooooowly to 1100. Still not back down to the normal 800 that it used to idle at...
  7. D

Mileage report

So I got the Dynamax Hiflo muffler. It is a 2 1/2 in and out. Had it welded on my 2" pipe. Great sound, more power on takeoff. I took a trip from Denver to Chicago , about 930 miles. 1st tank 85 octane, 21 mpg. 2nd tank 87 octane 18-19 mpg. 3rd tank 87 octane at Casey's, at least 21 mpg till I...
  8. D

any specifc oil filter for synthetics

Thanks for the input, I'll try the motorcraft.
  9. D

The easier way to refill your 5 speed manual transmission

Speaking about manual trans I'll be going to Chicago in 2 weeks. I'll be using syn amsoil atf . Will post some info about the ride. Don't remembr where, but there is plenty here about manuals, hell a total rebuild is explained and shown. Hope the testy M5 will run a bit cooler!
  10. D

Drivers door lock switch won't lock?

oh oh ! Do I see a recall in the future??? Anyway take joeDirt's advice check connections, fuses, grounds, etc; If you live in an area that salts your roads or any other wire eating road food. It happens
  11. D

DIS 5.0 swap to mustang, years?

I'll ask around I don't know much about the pony, but I am going to Chi town end of the month. I'll be running ams syn in my M5R1 , may run syns in front and rear. Not sure what brand, but will let you in on some mpgs, performance, temps etc; divizio:cool:
  12. D

any specifc oil filter for synthetics

I asked this in another thread, but here goes> Is there a specific oil filter for synthetics and one for petro oils??? I've read here that syns have smaller molecules than petro. So for instance, do we need a denser or less denser filter for this oil to perform at its best??? And why? If its...
  13. D

Oil type recommendation.

Can I add to this age old dilema, with another If I may butt in, this will proabably get moved to another thread, again.:chug: So I have read in some thread that syn leaks, cause the molecules are smaller than petro. If true, does ANYONE!!!! have any kind of data related to the recommended...
  14. D

Changing front diff fluid

You're right, techieman33 , Amsoil doesn't need the additive right off the bat. Yes only a little if chattering!
  15. D

Transmission Fluid?

a drain pan, what a great idea!!!!!!!
  16. D

List of Useful Threads Everything I know about the M5OD-R1 & BW1354M

could you suggest a good true synthetic atf for the m5od-r1
  17. D

no factory keyless entry

RE: keyless entry to RIcArDO1697, you can check Amazon, , they have bulldog, asta, viper and more RKE systems at affordable prices. Depends what you want. You can get remote start, or just the basic lock, unlock feature though most offer more options than that. good luck You can check other...
  18. D

no factory keyless entry

I have a 96 ex xlt. It came with no keychain remote. the drivers door lock is damaged due to a theft attempt when previous owner had it. There is so much here, but I just can't find it. It, being, I just want to get a keychain remote and open my drivers door instead of using the key on passenger...
  19. D

Type of stereo in 96 XLT?

hey cobrajeff, I have a 96' EX XLT with the sad midline . Any suggestions as to aftermarket easy fit cd player or tuner with SD card capability?
  20. D

96 Explorer w/no Radio...?

Hey Ricky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Was that 3x the description ???????
  21. D

2002 4WD Dash Lights Blinking, etc.

Hi, this is for Glacier and/or IZwack or anyonehere. I have a 96 xlt 4.0, 5spd manual, control trac. My 4wd has worked fine until today. Went for a ride up into the Rockies, not very cold and some slush. Flipped the dash switch to 4Auto and it stayed on for a while then both 4Auto and 4wd(lo)...
  22. D

How to: BW 4405 Transfer Case Rebuild Diary - Comments, Questions and Input Thread

4wd and 4auto dash lights flashing Hi, this is for Glacier and/or IZwack. I have a 96 xlt 4.0, 5spd manual, control trac. My 4wd has worked fineuntil today. Went for a ride up into the Rockies, not very cold and some slush. Flipped the dash switch to 4Auto and it stayed on for a while then both...
  23. D

Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod

I did it to my 96 xlt 4.0, 5sp man.. As some will notice there is a spring wrapped around some plastic tube-like fitting that goes over the cable at the pedal. So the zip ties were out of the question. Improvise!!!!!! I took a hollow plastic wall anchor,(one that looks like a thin piece of...
  24. D

Is the the Throttle cable mod for the V8 only

I did it to my 96 xlt 4.0, 5sp man.. As some will notice there is a spring wrapped around some plastic tube-like fitting that goes over the cable at the pedal. So the zip ties were out of the question. Improvise!!!!!! I took a hollow plastic wall anchor, (one that looks like a thin piece of...
  25. D

Cruise not working

Well Joe Dirt, you'll love this one. I pulled the fuses related to cruise inside and under the hood. The ones under the hood had what looked like varnish on the blades. Kind of like a old gummed up carb. I used a emery nail file to clean them. I HAVE CRUISE!!!!! According to original owners...
Back