Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Forcemac, I bought 2 Timken Front-end assemblies from e-bay member 'discountautoparts' for $127.74 each - SP470200. Ordered last Friday 10.30am arrived next day 2.30pm. I installed both yesterday and everything is running great and no ABS light! That's after replacing the original hubs...
  2. 1

Noise from steering or tires

Bodicifer, today I bought 2 Timken Front-End assemblies from e-bay at a total cost of $275. I'm going to give these guys a go and hope they last longer than the last ones. Also, after spending hours going through old posts I found that the ABS light problem may be due to a faulty Pressure...
  3. 1

Noise from steering or tires

Guys, on a related note - I replaced both front wheel hub bearings w/sensors 10 months ago/10,000 miles and the hummimg noise has returned and the ABS light is a constant. Is it due to them being a cheaper purchase from e-bay? Should I have installed Timken brand? Any thoughts would be much...
  4. 1

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Hello everyone, I changed both Front Wheel Bearings 10 months ago and now the humming noise is back again. To get right to the point and not waste anyone's time. 1. Could the bearings deteriorate so quickly? (I bought them from ebay - $130 each) 2. Could it be something else? 3. Should I have...
Back