Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

FYI IOS 13 and Car Play wow

The new IOS is out and they have made some great changes to the Car Play interface. One of them is your passenger can change the music on the phone and not mess up your navigation. I pretty much drive alone so I just play what I want. The entire interface for the phones etc have changed for...
  2. M

2016 Cooled Seats

Not sure if they are wired for it or not, but the seat has to allow the air to blow though it. Depending on the material the seat is made from will make a difference. There are aftermarket seat heaters available, also aftermarket cool and heat. Just ask Mr Google and see what he can find.
  3. M

All 4 tires brown on inside track, just bought

What does the rest of the tread on your tires look like. It might be it needs tires or an alignment.
  4. M

Recent FORScan database

So my bet it the 2020 does not have the same firmware as the 2018. That is why the error. Can yo do any other things to the 2020? They are new enough you may be the one to go out and test what is possible. Maybe #Platinumowner will chime in on the 2020
  5. M

Recent FORScan database

What error message are you getting? Did you do an extended license? We need a few more details before we can Swag it. Mike
  6. M

Sync 3 and Navigation Map Updates

I want to know why a 2017 has to pay $149 for the USB update or $109 if I download it? My maps are way out of date. I use Car-play and Waze so I don't really care but still why should someone that bought a 17 have to pay while someone that bought an 18 or newer does not?
  7. M

This lack of Waze is driving me batty!

As stated you need a good USB cable the cheap ones just don't work well. On your phone ensure you have AA setup up correctly. On the radio go to settings and look for the Android Auto Icon and make sure it is enabled. That is about as easy as it gets. What type phone are you trying to use?
  8. M

Snow plowing

I understood that. I am just saying it will put a lot of unexpected forces on the front end not designed for it. I know I wouldn't do it. Because of the reasons I mentioned, it will stress all the parts in the front end. Pushing a five foot wide twelve inch high load of wet snow is not as...
  9. M

Snow plowing

Having plowed before with a 1980 F150, I would not even think of adding a plow to an Explorer. You will destroy your front end ball joints CV joints sway bars etc in one season. If you hit a curb or a bump in the road etc. I rebuilt my front end three times on my F150 in the 8 years I used...
  10. M

Interior Panel Fuse 4 pops as soon as power is applied.

My bet would be the fume recall. Start in the rear and pop off the plastic panels. Do you have a volt ohm meter? If so start by pulling all the bulbs and read both sides to ground. If not then pull the plastic panels and look for a nicked wire by one of the push pins.
  11. M

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I think you answered your own question. You have already burnt out a switch by running to much current though it for to long. There is no way to extend it past the twenty minutes that I know of. As for a dealer service person telling me they don't see a problem with something, I take that...
  12. M

Power Outlets - Are they Switched?

If you are pretty good with computers and stuff, check out a Program called Forscan. It allows you to change settings for a lot of things. There is a power point time out setting you can adjust, I am just not sure of the perimeters it allows you to set. There is one here on this forum just...
  13. M

Cooling / Heated Seat not working 2016 Exp

Pretty much dealer part only if it is a TEDS unit.
  14. M

Cooling / Heated Seat not working 2016 Exp

I have opened the seat backs a few time to add a Seat Guru kit to make the airflow better by getting the exhaust air out of the back and down to the floor. Opening the backs is pretty easy, I am not sure what they are talking about but everything I have seen in there look pretty straight...
  15. M

I think you are SOL. I am pretty sure those air pumps get hot and burn out pretty fast is why they don't do it. I normally let it run its course on a long drive then let it set for ten or fifteen minutes before turning it on again.
  16. M

Nothing. I have tried it on and off for awhile now. It has never been proven to work. I tried it on my F150 and my EX.
  17. M

2018 Explorer XLT - Navigation issue

Also you will change the speed limit signs to the European style.
  18. M

Labor hours

Easy enough. Head to Autozone or the car parts store and they have a Ball Joint press. The rust will not affect anything. I have taken the uppers off to replace the ball joints because I have a arbor press. I didn't have to replace the bushings just pulled the bolts and popped it off. Some...
  19. M

Labor hours

I just did a quick Google on it. Are they the uppers the lowers or the rears? I have rebuilt them with bushings and ball joints before for the uppers. The lower and the rears I have never done. Either way they are not really hard to do if you have t he correct tools. Did you look at the...
  20. M

Heated Seat Driver side not warm any more

The corrosion is caused by the pins on the plug being used at there highest rating all the time. If the pins are rated at 5 amps and I draw 5 amps all day long though them they heat up and get a little burn spot on them. After awhile the burn spot turns into what looks like corrosion. It...
  21. M

Heated Seat Driver side not warm any more

First off this thread started over a year ago on a 2014 Limited. The Platinum and Limited have a completely different heating then an XLT. The XLT has a cloth pad with a wire like an oven in it. The Limited and Platinum maybe the Lariat have a TEDS unit in it. The device is electronically...
  22. M

Labor hours

According to MR Google it cost around 1700 to 2000 bucks. I will have to ask what is so wrong with your control arm it needs to be replaced? Most of the time you can rebuild it with bushings and a ball joint. Nether one is hard to do if you have the tools and the time. Ford Explorer Control...
  23. M

Sparking sound from interior

Turn the EX on but do not start. Do you hear the sound? If so look for a bad wire If it only happens when it is running then look for a bad ground to the head unit.
  24. M

Winter Tires

There really is no way of telling if your current tires and wheels will fit in the 2022 Explorer. Ford changed the design for 2020 along with the spec's, they seem to change options every 2 or three years to accommodate the changing market. If it were me I would buy what I needed now and not...
  25. M

Starter replacement

Auto Zone can test it or most car parts stores can do it. Most of the time they do it for free.
Back