Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

how do you change a window motor in the rear door?

First you have to take off the door panel and tear off the plastic seal (if you are careful you might be able to reattach it). Next, take off the speaker and it's housing. Then you need to drill holes in the dimples near where the motor is so you can access the bolts with a ratchet to unscrew...
  2. E

Fuel Filter Replacement?

How often should you replace the fuel filter? I've read conflicting information (The Haynes manual stated that the filter should last the life of the vehicle).
  3. E

Choking, misfiring, hesitation, problem resolved

How big of an issue is it choosing the basic copper over the platinum plus?
  4. E

Radius Bushings

today i feel like i was hit by a car, very sore! the ride is much improved, and i am very much impressed with the results. no more clunk! also, seemed like there was less body roll in a couple turns i took (probably due to the new shocks though). I went with pro comp es 9000's, because...
  5. E

Radius Bushings

well i tackled it today. took all day but i also changed the fluid in the front/rear diff's, and put new shocks all around. hardest parts were: -getting the rivets out (i grinded, but on one of the rivets the body mount bolt got in the way and made it difficult to get a straight blow with...
  6. E

Radius Bushings

i got the energy suspension ones, but since those don't come with the other parts i also purchased an el-cheapo version from napa that comes with all the parts. i am pretty sure the nylon thing will be bent because its been a while that i've had this radius arm bushing issue, and also i want to...
  7. E

Radius Bushings

so just to clarify: the jack stands will be right past the RAB's on the frame rail so they aren't interferring with the job but are still able to support the front of the truck off the ground (far enough so that the tires are at full droop). thanks again :)
  8. E

Radius Bushings

i have some quick questions... where do you put your jack stands? under the axle? on the frame? if so, where on the frame? does the front suspension need to have no load on it? i am going to do the bushings this weekend, and use the grinding method to get the rivets off. wish me luck...
  9. E

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

i rented a trailer from them at the end of july 2003, 4x6 or something like that, went from los angeles, california to dallas, texas. then i rented it again, only this time a 6x10 i think. same trip, except reverse, at the beginning of november 2003. that sucker was heavy, and made my back...
  10. E

'92 Ford Explorer; Vibration under load only between 25-50MPH

DUDE! I think it is the U-JOINT! I get that klunk you are talking about when switching between reverse and drive. It started at about the same time too! It was buggin the heck out of me as well! oh man that would be awesome if its that simple. I will know for sure next week when I get...
  11. E

'92 Ford Explorer; Vibration under load only between 25-50MPH

Hello, I am hoping someone can give me some advice on a problem I am having with my 1992 Ford Explorer (4-wheel drive, 150,000miles). Two weeks ago, a major vibration started to occur. The thing is, it started right after I replaced all 4 ball joints with a friend. A key bit of information...
  12. E

Hello, help 92 Explr, severe vibrate under load? 12/5/04

this problem is really irritating next week i am going to replace the fuel filter and the 2 u-joints on the driveshaft to the rear wheels... i'll pray that it works but i really don't have a clue if it will work (the parts needed replacing anyway i guess) 2 days ago i was going down a...
  13. E

Hello, help 92 Explr, severe vibrate under load? 12/5/04

its funny but i'm having pretty much the same problem... vibration under load after 30mph it all started after changing the ball joints, actually. but the reason i don't think the ball joints have anything to do with it is because it only happens after 30MPH, and only when i have my foot...
  14. E

How amny freeze plugs on 4.0 V6?

i think there are 3 more on the passenger side... i can see the middle one through the passenger side wheel well, in fact.
  15. E

Coolant leak, Passenger side, near Oil Filter

dude how'd this get on page 4 assistance required here, fellas
  16. E

i have a haynes manual and i can't find either of those things in it (freeze plugs, intake manifold gasket). is there a manual which shows how to fix these things, or where they are at least? if not....can you guys inform me how to check these things? i know some things but not a whole lot...
  17. E

intake manifold gasket... is there anyway i can confirm this? also, is there anyway i could fix this myself or is this something that needs to be fixed by a mechanic. thanks
  18. E

92 ford explorer (BACKSTORY) today when i got home, i parked in the garage (i usually park on the street). i was doing so because i was planning on giving the explorer the once over, to make sure nothing was wrong and all the fluids were ok. about 3 hours after i get home, i go into the...
  19. E

DAMN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

this seems like a good place to ask a question about the CEL on a 92 explorer.... hope you don't mind anyway recently i moved to texas, from california. i drove there with my ex and i towed a small u-haul trailer with most of my stuff in it. most of the trip was through the desert, so...
  20. E

Lets try this again....97 X popping under feet

i have a 92x and i have a hollow clunk/popping type noise right under my feet when i go over uneven surfaces.. same thing you think? not the radius arm bushing?
  21. E

WHAT IS THE BEST COMPUTER CHIP FOR A 92 EXPLORER?

there is also superchip... i've heard good things about it and i am in the process of getting one...
  22. E

air cleaner box

as the instructions for the true-rev said, i blocked off one of the hoses (just wadded up some tape and sealed it off since they forgot to supply me with some sort of cap). i have a 1992 ex and the hose i blocked off goes over across the top of the engine and into maybe the intake manifold...
  23. E

Alternator 95amp to 130amp

then i think i shall buy one from mr. alternator myself!
Back