Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Battery Drain

sure enough... i pulled the plug on the radio and 250mA draw went away pulled the plug on the GEM module and the other 250mA draw disappeared... so, now that ive gotten that far, ...does anybody know if the GEM itself is bad or if the sub circuits it monitors could have the drain?? also...
  2. C

Stumbles cold and after gas fill up

problem fixed.... i replaced upper and lower intakes and valve cover gaskets .... it runs smooth as glass and codes are all gone... heater vacuum valve had completely crumbled...had to flush the system and PCV was beyond help ...so got a new one...
  3. C

Battery Drain

1999 explorer sport... Ive detected a battery drain...500mA total... Fuse 29 at 230 mA draw is RADIO... Fuse 25 at 270 mA, which is.... GEM module , instrument cluster (speedometer), anti- theft The radio will be an easy fix but the other 3 on fuse 25 will be tough to diagnose...
  4. C

Stumbles cold and after gas fill up

Stumbles cold and after gas fill up Its a 99 sport 160k ive cleaned the IACv and MAF Theres no codes coming up it would always disappear in an hour or so the last 3 days its been stumbling non stop it never stalls i was thinking EVAP system, but maybe EGR any ideas whats going on?
  5. C

5R55E Shift flare help

i had to get mine rebuilt....for the tune of $2300....but its got the upgraded/performance TC and internals......when they tore it down..i had them save the worn parts for me.....it was undoubtedly the pump housing ...it had worn to the point of the center section had broken loose and was...
  6. C

31" tire backspace specs

can i use my stock wheels ?...which are 4" neg....and 3" pos.....where aftermarket rims are 4" pos...3" neg.[ or 4" on 8" rims]
  7. C

31" tire backspace specs

i have a 1999 sport.....stock suspension...id like to put on 31" tires...ok ..no problem....ive looked up many threads on the tire upgrades...but cant find a definitive backspace/offset specs for what i need....but id like to know the offset and backspacing for the 31" tire/wheel combo....should...
  8. C

4-5 flare

excellent :)....how much should i expect to pay for the servo tool?
  9. C

4-5 flare

another servo thing.........ive heard of this servo pin bore problem where the the casing wears and the servo gets jammed...but im still thinking servo o-ring leak because of the low pressure symptoms
  10. C

4-5 flare

im trying to narrow it down....but band adjustments have come up in discussions too....related to servo problems.but i havent done it yet...............as you can tell...im trying to do everything i can to fix this without pulling and rebuilding the tranny...[its too much money for me right...
  11. C

4-5 flare

ok...thanks for the imput.......yesterday ..something new started to happen....it feels like the converter clutch is engaging or disengaging in 1-4 gears...it feels like its shifting twice as much as it should...but its not an actual shift.....all i can think is the converter clutch is doing...
  12. C

4-5 flare

1999 EXPLORER SPORT 5R55E 4.0 OHV.............ive had a thread about this problem a while back......but since its been awhile..id start anew...the 4-5 flare only happens when warmed up [20-30 minutes driving]....no other gears seem affected...reverse is good....ive had all the solenoids replaced...
  13. C

5r55e nightmare

Another $200....replaced 2 speed sensors on the tranny and the dpfe sensor and still the same thing.....but it only happen when its warmed up.....about 30 minutes driving and randomly...i wonder if it electrical still or something internal
  14. C

5r55e nightmare

well ...it figures....its now dropping into neutral randomly ..after it warms up and it shifts into 4th ... a few seconds later while cruising it does it....so something changed!...just not for the better
  15. C

5r55e nightmare

you wouldnt believe this!...my tranny is fixed....they found that a battery draw through the spark plugs was screwing my tranny up!....new plugs and wires and it shifts great again....please tell me im not the only one!:splat:
  16. C

5r55e main pressure problem

my posts "5r55e shift flare" and "5r55e nightmare" explains the origins of all this
  17. C

ill have to talk to the mechanic to get the #'s on the pressure...ive posted about this twice before but havent gotten any response
  18. C

my trans is suffering from low main pressure...im looking at the SUPERIOR shift kit and the SONNAX valve..but SUPERIOR makes one too...is one better than the other?
  19. C

5R55E Shift flare help

what did you find?..i have the same problem today...thanks
  20. C

i have a 1999 sport with 4.0 pushrod..5r55e...160k...my transmission a couple months ago under heavy throttle on a freeway onramp dropped into neutral between 3rd and 4th...ever since it kept on doing it....ive got so many projects in the garage i had to take it to a mechanic i know...from...
  21. C

5r55e nightmare

i talked to my mechanic today and he says its not producing main pressure,...but if he knew that ..why did he replace all those solenoids...just guessing? i dont want to pay $700 for guessing!
  22. C

5r55e nightmare

i bought a '99 sport 4x4 with pushrod 4.0 and 5r55e..white..with 160k..for a $1000..it needed a fender and hood from a minor accident..got that done with junkyard parts...everything is clean and works except the trans...it shifts into 5th then back to 4th alot..it also is a little schizo on...
Back