Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: Painted Pillar Trim

Its Done! Finally got around to painting mine! Used Fusion on the entire job, I also decided to mask them off while on the truck. Looks 100 times better. This is 2 coats using 600 between the coats, with no clear. After it dried and I lived with them for a day, I suppose it could have used 1...
  2. B

Low fuel light/gas gauge wrong.

Cool I will give that a shot this weekend. Unfortunately I have to risk running out again before I know if its fixed :shifty_ey
  3. B

I have an 03 Mountaineer with the 4.0, a couple weeks ago the low fuel light kicked on, I drove 6 miles and the car died, message center showed I had 4X miles left, I pushed the truck into the gas station and added 23 gal of fuel, so obviously it was empty. Thought no big deal must have been a...
  4. B

Wrong forum sorry
  5. B

Coasting Slight Vibration

Thats what I thought also, but it goes away when I put the truck in neutral.
  6. B

Coasting Slight Vibration

Not sure if this is normal or not. Today when driving my AWD Mountaineer I noticed a very slight vibration when I let off the gas around 40 mph. You can feel it nowhere except in the gas pedal. Vibration may be an exaggeration, it kinda feels like a buzzing. If I get back on the gas just a...
  7. B

Buying an AWD not a 4WD

I have an AWD V6, has plenty of power for daily use, if your going to be towing go with the V8 tho. With my V6 I average 17 in town 20 highway. The AWD is nice, if you dont want to deal with selecting 4x4 options. Side note, shortly after I bought the Mounti I developed an un-fixable flat...
  8. B

High Mileage Road Trip

Our 03 Mountie has 150k on it and I would drive it anywhere. Its had all highway miles and rides like new still. Like all the others have said, Go for it!
  9. B

How to: Painted Pillar Trim

I was thinking about asking about this! Thanks So Much! Would you mind showing the bolts for the side panels?
  10. B

AWD kinda sucks?

I have Bridgestone Dueler's on the Mountie, I have noticed that you really have to push it to get them to spin on snow, I have never had a situation where the back end swung out, but I can see how its possible under the right circumstances.
  11. B

AWD kinda sucks?

Yeah, its kinda disappointing, but then again it will likely never see much in the way of tricky terrain. My wife drives this car as her daily driver, and its a good feature for her. I dont have to tell her when she needs to turn on the 4x4 or in what situations to use the different levels of...
  12. B

Radio Controls

I have an 03 Mountaineer, the truck has the steering wheel controls for the radio. The factory radio is going nuts, clicking and not playing cd’s. I would like to replace the unit however I would like to retain the steering wheel controls. Is my only option to go back with a factory radio...
  13. B

AWD kinda sucks?

Ok after doing a little more research it looks like on my Mountaineer the back wheels get 65% of the power and the front gets the other 35%. Which is exactly what it was doing. Good to know, wish they said that in the manual. Defiantly not like my Jeep Grand was, but, at least my Mountie has...
  14. B

AWD kinda sucks?

So, I have an 03 Mountaineer with AWD. We got 16 inches of snow last night. Driving all day seemed fine, when I went to pull into my driveway it started slipping, I noticed that the back tires were spinning but not the front. I got out and had my wife pull the Mountaineer into the drive, I...
  15. B

150K 03 Mountaineer

Hi all, my Mountaineer 4.0 AWD is nearing 150k, runs perfect, I am looking to do some service, plugs, wires, fluids, ect. My question is the trans fluid. I have no idea if it has ever been changed, my manual recommends the flush at 150k but I have heard it can cause problems. Since there is no...
  16. B

AWD Tire Replacement

Cool, thanks! :)
  17. B

AWD Tire Replacement

My wife only drives it about 4 miles to work, and 4 miles home in town, so its low speed 30-40 mph driving. Should be good?
  18. B

AWD Tire Replacement

Yeah talked to the wife last night, we just decided to get a full set, kinda sucks but whatever. The worst part is I ordered the tires and its going to take 5 business days to get them. Since we need to have 2 vehicles, I am going to have to patch the old tire, or drive on the spare. I talked to...
  19. B

AWD Tire Replacement

Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, it will be nice to have new tires. Thanks for the advice! Andy
  20. B

AWD Tire Replacement

Hi all, new to the forum! I purchased an AWD Mountaineer last weekend, on the drive home the car got a flat. I put the spare tire on, and drove it home. Since the tire is on a factory wheel, and has new tread on it, I assumed I would just drive it for a while. However, I began to worry that the...
Back