Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

ABS light is on

i've been driving it for a month, though, still no codes ;D
  2. L

ABS light is on

Understood- except there's no code, though. We even checked the memory. Just the light going on and off?
  3. L

ABS light is on

Okay, so my car is being strange. About a month ago after hearing strange noises, but looking under the car and not being able to figure out what it was- turns out the 2 front wheels were falling off! We jacked it up, and shook the wheels back and forth- i'm lucky they didn't fall off...
  4. L

Driving a car

Oh goodness yes, you aren't alone. I absolutely hate it when I don't have my explorer to drive- I feel so short and uncomfortable! If i can, i like to rent a Nissan Rouge to keep me going. it isn't as much fun as my ex, but I do like it a lot!
  5. L

What the heck did I do to my car?

Thanks everyone... i've decided to take it to a shop that's roughly 5 minutes away, vs the 20 minutes. Depending on what things look like UTH, i'll either tow it or drive it in. I'm also going to look under the hood before I drive it anywhere to see if it's anything I can obviously fix, but...
  6. L

What the heck did I do to my car?

I've got a stock 2003 explorer Sport. Tonight, I basically drove my car to the grocery store (5 minutes away) went to pull in a parking spot, and right before i parked I heard a dull thud from the front end of my car, and my check engine light came on (solid). I've now got something in my...
  7. L

Fastest Ex order in history?

God I love you for this so much right now!
  8. L

Cd stuck in pioneer 6 disk changer

If you're going to replace it- it'd highly recommend the 6 disk in console changers. I had one in my 97 sport and loved the thing to death! Bought a spare changer, loaded both for 12 CDs, and switched back and forth. Worked out great, never any problems, until I traded in the car later on.
  9. L

If you can see the CD and it just isn't coming all the way out- try giving it a little push with a tool back into the changer, then it should eject. At least, that's what I did when I had an issue with mine!
  10. L

Is it one that's in dash, or in the center console?
  11. L

Replace Oxygen Sensors for better mileage?

Surprisingly, yes, it makes a huge difference in the mileage- provided you are careful and not a lead foot with your driving! I just did mine, and I gained 2-3 mpgs.
  12. L

P0136 Code and O2 Sensor 2 Bank 1 voltage

Is your gas mileage affected?
  13. L

Need oxygen sensor help p1151 code

Double check, too, and make sure you don't have any melting wires near the replaced o2 sensor. I did all of mine and one of the wires wandered too close to the exhaust, and melted. If you can, just replace all of them to be on the safer side. I Replaced the wire/cover, and it's running without...
  14. L

need help with a cold blooded explorer

Mine did that too. That's the only reason I mention it. Until you figure out a problem, try giving it a bit of gas when you start it up, and you hear it starting to stutter. The only other thing that was suggested to me by my shop, was something with the fuel injection system, but it went away...
  15. L

need help with a cold blooded explorer

I know this sounds strange, but mine started giving me similar starting problems after a bad oil change. It went away after a few changes with a better oil. Could it possibly be that you used a brand of oil it doesn't like?
  16. L

lets see pics of explorers towing

I wish I had a photo of my 2003 explorer sport when it was towing a hot air balloon several years ago. I never took one-- but never ran into a problem with towing the basket/envelope/etc! :)
  17. L

Help with my 2003 Explorer.

For those who might be having the same problem as I did in the OP (because the CE light came back on AGAIN after turning it off), fear not! It might not be anything too major if the check engine light comes back on after intially doing the o2 sensors. Mine ended up being a wire by the new o2...
  18. L

Increasing gas mileage...

That's what I was doing, but was told that the mileage meter on the car is off usually. Just trying to figure out a different way! I'll check out the other site when I get home, and see if it makes any difference
  19. L

How is best by hand to caluclate it? I am going off of the mileage tracker on top of my total mileage. I suck at math- god knows if i'll ever actually remember what constitutes a mile when i'm out there driving! Thanks for the tips, too. This has turned into an interesting thread.
  20. L

Wow, now I feel kinda bad... I must have gotten a freak stock explorer or something with better gas mileage! :D Thanks everyone for the advice and pointers towards threads, etc. I can't wait to take a look at them when I get home!
  21. L

over 100mph in an explorer

It's a V6.:) I actually spun my Ex out, twice-once in dry weather trying to avoid hitting a car, and once in ice. It didn't tip, fall over, and i didn't come away from it with anything except neededing a wheel alignment. Not an idea situation, but I LOVE my car. nbo, i wasn't going above 100...
Back