Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

94 Explorer 4x4 problem

Have you tried resetting the computer located behind the jack access panel? When I rebuilt my shift motor I had to reset it. It's easy if you haven't, just find the computer just forward of the access panel opening. Feel around by the wire ports for a reset button, it should have a red led next...
  2. F

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Looking good bud, lets go wheeling tonight! Theres still mud behind my place ;)
  3. F

Show off your LIFTED 1 Gen

Just another body lift.
  4. F

Ready for clear headlights?

No problem, I like the look of the black/smoked ones too. I can't wait to see the bulb comparison. Good luck and thanks for the compliment;)!
  5. F

1992 Leaking Pop up Sunroof

Sounds like the same one I have probably the sun mate brand. Should be sticker in the glove box from when it was installed. The easy quick fix would be to take out the sun roof by releasing the three clips, the front two hinges un-clip by lifting the tabs up and the rear leaver un-clips by...
  6. F

Best bolt ons for the 4.0L OHV?

Ok, I see what your saying....
  7. F

Ok, so what your saying is that you would change valves and intake manifold before the MAF, leaving the stock MAF would be like trying to breathe through a straw, no? I know the valves don't flow for **** and the manifold design isn't exactly performance inspired but something about that logic...
  8. F

Actually, the main point of restriction in the intake system that most knowledgeable members address first is the MAF sensor housing. If you look inside you will see why. It makes very little difference doing these other mods until you replace the MAF, its like trying to breath through a straw...
  9. F

Sounds a bit like he just has a lot of faith in sales men. This part is just hilarious Oh well I guess you should have......maybe 0.001 hp gain. I think maybe its time for a reality check. Sales men are out to make $$$ and if that means feed you BS that's usually fine with them. Just don't...
  10. F

Nice X, I like the headlights. Your X is the only other one I've seen with them besides mine:cool:. Looks like you may have some tire clearance issues when flexing though.....lift..... Sorry but, I'm not buying the solid front axle stock thing.....never happened....to my knowledge all 1st gen...
  11. F

engine swap

This is exactly what iv'e been planning on doing this fall. Luckily, there is a large Frito-lay plant here in Orlando so it's pretty common to find the old P30 step vans.
  12. F

engine swap

^ http://www.therangerstation.com/galleries/Explorers/DieselExplorer.htm http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?120-4BT-in-a-Ford-Explorer...
  13. F

engine swap

Cummins 4BT is an option, if you don't mind diesel.
  14. F

Awesome, that's great. Glad I could help;). I have yet to see anyone else "sporting" these headlights, defiantly will set your 1st gen apart from the others. I'm sure your wife will like them. Post up a pic when you get them installed. My grille was originally just flat black plastic, no...
  15. F

I just used some krylon or rustolium flat black on the grill, can't rember which. Of course I did sand and clean it before painting too. The headlights are working out great, I did get new bulbs, nothing fancy just some cheap 55/65 halogens with a light blue tint. It did defiantly improve...
  16. F

Correct steering stabalizers for 94?

I had pretty bad wobble at 30, 45 and 70mph running only 31's. It ended up being the toe and camber were off. After an alignment everything is great!
  17. F

Polished intake and other stuff

Nice job! I know exactly how your fingers feel, I spent 8yrs doing body work and several more painting private jets and helis. Think about all the polished alum. on the leading surfaces of a jet..... Really good work though, keep it up, you've got something to be really proud of there!
  18. F

four wheel drive issues.

first thing I would do is reset the computer. You can do this by removing the access panel for the jack in the rear driver's side interior panel. Then, looking behind the plastic trim, towards the front of the vehicle you will see a small computer, reach towards the top and feel around for the...
  19. F

A/C Blowing Hot Air and Releasing Pressure

When your filling it do you have the two wires going to the pressure switch (on top of the accumulator) jumped so the compressor clutch is always engaged?
  20. F

Blew out greyish from the pressure release valve or the vents in the cabin? Does the system hold pressure anymore? Has the evaporator core ever been replaced, they are prone to cracking where the top line enters the core.
  21. F

Did you evacuate the system properly?
  22. F

Erratic Temperature Gauge

I had a similar issue that turned out to be a bad connection at the temp sensor for the gauge (not the temp sensor for the computer). I had to cut the wire back a bit and solder a new piece to the connector. Easy fix, worth checking out.
  23. F

300,000!

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I might open a new thread soon and see if we can some more people to join in and plan a meet and greet/wheelin trip.
  24. F

300,000!

I'll have to check out the refuge, sounds like fun and I love to fish. That trail behind Lowes is pretty hidden. The only way to access it anymore is from Pinemire Dr. on your right immediately after you turn off of Red Bug. Its just across the the street from the bank. You have to hop the curb...
  25. F

300,000!

Do either of you guys know of any good trails around this side of town? I'm not much into mudding, I prefer trail rides with some hill climbs. I've been down the short trail behind Lowes across from Oviedo market place but there isn't much to do there and that's about all I've found.
Back