Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2004 EB noise on cold start

Guys, thanks for the ideas. I have never used Seafoam but am willing to give it or something like it a shot next time I change the oil and filter. FF2 - From what I have been reading here on the forum I agree it does seem like the timing chain tensioners are more of an issue with 4.0L and not...
  2. J

Well I just wanted to post an update to my situation - I changed oil to full synthetic Castrol 5w-20 and NAPA gold oil filter. So far with about 2 weeks on the new oil/filter nothing has changed. Loud noise at start-up still occurs when 1st started from cold (sitting for 12+ hours). I may try...
  3. J

matt & jr thanks for your suggestions. I have been using the Motorcraft filters and Motorcraft 5-20 oil exclusively since I've owned it. I am going to try a different oil/filter combination next time I change it which should be this weekend. I was thinking of trying the NAPA gold filter and...
  4. J

I have a 2004 EB that I bought used about a year and a half ago. The vehicle has been good and I really like it in spite of having to replace a few things such as the rear struts - springs were broken, speed control cutout switch - causing ABS light to come on. Other than that it's been regular...
Back