Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

117K on my 2003, I just got it 6 months ago, done Struts, Cooling System Hoses, oil/fuel/air Filters, Oil, Rear Bearings, Resurfaced rotors, and new brake pads. also replaced headlight's bulbs with Sylvania UltraStar. planning a 3k miles trip in 6 more weeks. I have a lot of faith in Her.
  2. J

Warped Rotors And/Or....?

Have you tought about changing the brake's fluid? Maybe the fluid gets hot after, more less, then minutes, and one of the seals for the booster is leaking.
  3. J

To those who have replaced the front struts.

You can get the quick struts cheaper using coupons in advance, or almost every thing, I got the struts for $55 each one with CCABIN or BIG40. just google Advance auto coupons. hope it's useful
  4. J

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

I got both of them greasable, are they the same? I was searching and found this: Thanks in advance. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257256&highlight=upper+ball+joint
  5. J

To those who have replaced the front struts.

I just replaced the front struts on my 2003 explorer, it took me 3 hours in the driver side one, because it was the first time in my life I changed them, and like 1 hour in the passenger side (once i figured out how to do the job).
  6. J

Recommends

I'm preparing my Exploder (which I bought 2 months ago) and myself to a 3000 miles round trip (plus on city miles) so, i changed: Oil, and oil filter. fuel filter air filter spark plugs radiator hoses (upper, lower, and bypass), of course refill with fresh coolant. checked the wire plugs...
  7. J

I'm preparing my Exploder (which I bought 2 months ago) and myself to a 3000 miles round trip...

I'm preparing my Exploder (which I bought 2 months ago) and myself to a 3000 miles round trip (plus on city miles) so, i changed: Oil, and oil filter. fuel filter air filter spark plugs radiator hoses (upper, lower, and bypass), of course refill with fresh coolant. checked the wire plugs ->ok...
  8. J

Vibration during braking after rotors were turned.

Hey! Hello. I checked the rotors and the brake pads, they are good. But I noticed that my struts aren't in a good shape, neither the upper ball joints. so, I decided to change the 4 struts, and the ball joints. (I'm planning a 3k round trip, and keeping my truck several more years, so is worth)...
  9. J

Vibration during braking after rotors were turned.

I got my rotors turned 3 weeks ago, because i felt vibration during the braking, after the resurface the problem was gone. Now 3 weeks later and a 1000 miles round trip, i feel vibration again. What's the next thing to do to solve the vibration issue? ('03 Explorer XLS, 4.0 L 2RWD)
Back