Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Grease Hubs?

Thanks for the replies. My time to do this repair is pretty limited so I'm trying to make sure I have my crap together before I get started and have to dig around the shop for something I wasn't expecting.
  2. N

Grease Hubs?

I'm going to replace my wheel bearings in the next few days...am I supposed to pack the bearings with grease or are they pre-packed? I did this on my Ranger several years ago and can't remember. Nothing I read online mentions doing it, but I remember the bearing I could see looking a little dry.
  3. N

Hub: Good deal or keep away

Pretty sure I have a bad wheel bearing. I replaced both sides of my Ranger so this should be the same, but I'm debating which bearing to get. I know Moog or Timken would be better, but RockAuto has a Wholesaler Closeout for $29.09. I can't find a brand and don't want to get a cheaply made...
  4. N

Cladding options

I'm at an impass about the cladding on my truck. The rear bumper is faded pretty bad, but I've never been crazy about even the unfaded grey. I'm considering a handful of things here; -Paint all the cladding black, possibly with Krylon Fusion and UV topcoat -- Might be easiest, but worry...
  5. N

96 explorer parting out

Would you mind sending a picture to joshuabgriffin@gmail.com ? Bad Lid asside, I might still be interested. It would have to be shipped to 27549.
  6. N

For Sale Parting out 97 Explorer 2 Dr Sport ControlTrac - 30 minutes west of Cleveland

If you can't work out a deal with the console, let me know.
  7. N

96 explorer parting out

Do you still have the center console? I need everything associated.
  8. N

2004 Sport Trac. Water in the cab.

I can't speak to the leak, but I left my windows down overnight recently while it rained about 4 inches. I figured the water would have a hard time drying from under the vinal so I removed the front seat (4 bolts and 1 torx), and only had to remove the 4 nuts from the front of the rear seats...
  9. N

2003 Sport Trac Transmission Question

Sounds like you broke your PRNDL. I did that twice on my Ranger trying to jump in and take off to avoid getting hit by oncoming traffic. Pulled the shifter down too hard and fast and it would say I was in neutral while driving. Does the truck still drive fine when in "Neutral"? If so, you...
  10. N

explorer sport trac 3" BL tow hook solution

Any chance you have a picture of what these look like installed on the lifted ST? Losing my tow hooks is one things that's always kept me from a body lift.
  11. N

Auto Headlights

Apparently not. The switch doesn't have an auto position. I may be able to work around the sensor in the dash with the sensor in the mirror, but I guess I'll have to find a new switch now too.
  12. N

Auto Headlights

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find anything by searching. What is required to add auto headlights to an '05 Sport Trac? I did this in my '99 Ranger and am half way through my wife's Pacifica, but the ST is throwing me off. In the Ranger, I needed the mirror and a couple...
  13. N

"New" ST - swap shocks?

Sorry for the lack of info. Both trucks are 4x4. The front suspension is the same, I know, but I also know the rears are different; spring over vs. spring under; but I don't know how that affects shock length/stroke.
  14. N

"New" ST - swap shocks?

I bought an '05 ST a couple of days ago and am looking to sell my '99 Ranger. I've put several things on the old truck that I'm planning to take off and I'm wondering what will work on the new truck, specifically shocks. I've got Bilstein 7100's up front and 5150's in the rear of the old truck...
  15. N

Adrenaline? Really?

So here's what I'm thinking now; It's definately not an Adrenalin. The more I look, the more obvious it is. The radio was probably swapped out at some point, but I'll swap in my own and this one will work fine in my Ranger when I sell it, it came with a single cassette (remember those?) Not...
  16. N

Adrenaline? Really?

As my other post says, I'm looking at an '05 ST. The dealer claims it's an Adrenaline, but I'm not totally convinced. What should an '05 Adrenaline come with so I'd know? I thought it would have a more distinctive radio, but it's a standard black one. Might be a 6 disk, but I can't tell from...
  17. N

Rubber floormats (Ford or aftermarket)

Tell the stepson to keep his eye out for a few more sets. For these mats, I'll pay shipping or take a road trip. In my opinion, they're that good!
  18. N

Rubber floormats (Ford or aftermarket)

I realize this is an old thread, but I may have somewhat of an answer. I have the exact same floor mats in my ranger, but they of course say Ranger. I got them from a Ford dealer in 2000 just after I bought the truck. If mine are any indication, they will last you a lifetime and a half. I...
  19. N

Should I buy?

Thanks, anybody else have advice?
  20. N

Should I buy?

The Ranger's not fitting my needs anymore so I've been looking for a 4 door replacement. I've been leaning towards a SportTrac since I will be able to do a lot of maintenance from doing it on the truck. Here's what I've recently found and I wanted some opinions from some ST owners about...
  21. N

RCD mount help

I'm about to order some 7100's for my ranger and would like to use the RCD lower mounts to make them work so that I won't have to make my own. I know that several of you have been able to order them and I was wondering how/where you got them. I emailed RCD a few days ago, but haven't gotten...
  22. N

Torsion Bar Relocator Kit?

What about smaller locators? It would help out somewhat especially with a stock truck or body lfited. Since the bar isn't in pure torsion, the travel of the bar rotates around a point (yellow dots) If you relocate the end of the bar to be in the same path (green circle), the bar would be in...
  23. N

yeah, i thought about that after i posted, but what kind of effect will this eventually have on the bar?
  24. N

is there really any change in the bars' movement? they're relocated at the front and back so the whole bar just moves higher, it's not flexed any more.
  25. N

that picture makes it look like it would have to be at an angle, but none of the realift brackets are angled. The longer hex looks like it would work. yeah i spend most of my time in greenville and weekends home in spring hope. and i have a friend or two at barton.
Back