Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Automatic transmission fluid leaking.

Do you have pictures?
  2. E

Looks like it fixed itself this morning when I started it up. Drove for a couple hours and all seemed good. I will keep an eye for the leak. Thanks. :D
  3. E

Sign...not sure if I connected the bulk head sensor right. But the gear wrench light is on and my car isn't shifting properly. I can drive around but at around 50mph the engine is at 3500 rpm. ATF change itself was uneventful but during changing the sleeve, I accidentally touched those sensor...
  4. E

I have changed the ATF three times at 100k (dealer), 175k (myself), and 190k with filter (myself, bought the wrong filter and underfilled it at 175k so I have to do it again but procrastinated for an year :P..). Not fun but looks like I have to do it again tomorrow. Thank you for the...
  5. E

Thank you man. I was dreading to bring this to the shop.
  6. E

How many miles do you have now?

2007 V8, 230K bought in 2010 at 59k. Replaced bearings five times in three of them, one is still the original. Replaced radiator once. When I first bought it I had to go to dealership 4 times (maybe 5) to fix weird issue turned out to be clotted fuel filter since the maintenance was never done...
  7. E

Hello, my ATF is leaking. I took some photos right about the transmission fluid pan. Not sure what this part is but this is the source of the leak. Is this repairable? Thanks.
  8. E

I finally did the 4.6L V8 spark plugs!!

Congrats!! Thank for sharing, I'm sorry your plug broke but good job taking care that stuff!
  9. E

I damaged the front bumper...Which parts do I need?

Nothing yet...I was planning to go to a junkyard to find spare parts but I have not had the chance to do it yet. Or try this, look at the options. They have reinforcement brackets. I'm not sure if that's what we need. Click on PRODUCT OPTIONS and go through the motions. Let me know if this helps...
  10. E

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Anyone got an engine bay shot on XLT? Thanks.
  11. E

2020 Explorer

Thanks. By the way, where is your area center console? Is it lower than the folded seats?
  12. E

2020 Explorer

Ok. Thanks. So my next car will be another explorer most likely. I was gonna go with the Ranger but I feel I get a lot more car (tech, space, updated stuff) in the explorer.
  13. E

2020 Explorer

Does the captain seat fold flat? I kinda like have a flat surface. Does anyone got a picture?
  14. E

I damaged the front bumper...Which parts do I need?

Hey guys, A couple weeks ago I damaged the front bumper. I backed up into a boulder and it caught the wheel well. The front bumper got pulled out. Not completely broken so I was able to pushed it on...but it looks awful. Need advise on which parts I need. The plastic tabs or screws that...
  15. E

I havnt replaced the pigtails yet. They seem to be fine atm. Thanks.
  16. E

Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal

So the 3.0L ecoboost, does it have the extra injection port like 3.5L variant?
  17. E

Hey guys, I just want to post about my experience about doing the spark plugs on my 2007 V8. I have dreaded to do this because of the possibility of broken spark plugs. I had dealership do it back in 2012 when the car had 86k miles. I was going to let dealership do it again but they wanted to...
  18. E

Solved Another thread about exhaust manifolds replacement on 4.6 v8.

Does leaky exhaust manifold shorten the lifespan of the engine? I hear mine tick when I first start up but it goes away as soon as the car is warmed up. It's been a long time. Do I really need to fix it?
  19. E

Need Transmission Help

I didn't put the metal plug back when I was checking the level. I also filled the last 3 Qts of the ATF while the car was on. It got hot pretty fast LOL. I used like 8 Qts when I did my trans 3 months ago.
  20. E

Transmission slipping/misfire solved, P0300 2007 Ford Explorer 4.6L 3-valve

I guess I have similar problem as yours. My car would stutter when climbing a highway ramp but it goes away when I step on the gas pedal to push it. I thought my transmission was going so I changed the fluid 2 weeks ago. The fluid was a bit low but wasnt a problem. The stutter is still there...
  21. E

4.6l 3v Spark Plug Removal Instructions

Spark Plug | FordUS this is the part I want to order, it looks like it has the coil boot right? Thanks.
  22. E

4.6l 3v Spark Plug Removal Instructions

So it is finally time for my spark plugs replacement. I just want to double check before doing it. I have 07 V8, the part number SP547 contains Ignition Coil and Wires/Spark Plugs. That's all I need right? It is $17ish a piece, I never done this before. I will also buy the extraction tool just...
  23. E

Transmission fluid change..worth it at this point?

Arg....So i got the 19mm out without problem once I used the technique with 2 wrenches. My new problem is the little bolts holding the pan. I cant remove them with the regular wrench because they were stripping. Did you guys have to use impact wrench for them? They are 8mm right? Any tool...
  24. E

Transmission fluid change..worth it at this point?

Thanks guys, I ordered a 6 point close end..I used 12 point 3/4 yesterday, didnt work quite well. Just need to find a way to exert the force I think...
Back