Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Fish tank under the dashboard?

Thx for the promote response. This cowl. Do I access it from inside the car or the engine compartment? When I have this problem the water gushes out on the passenger side. If u were sitting there the water would come out on your right foot
  2. A

Fish tank under the dashboard?

I have to admit I tried getting under the glove box to remove some sort of panel that one of the above responses mentioned but I could find no screws etc. that are referenced. Does anyone have experience with the removal of the tray that they are talking about? Very much appreciated.
  3. A

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

Btw. I've Been driving around with the headers for like 100/150 miles... I notice NO difference in performance. Ive put 80k+ miles since ive owned the car and can feel/hear pretty much any changes..I notice a slight change in noise when walking around the front of the car...but absolutely NO...
  4. A

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

Regarding this misfire issue. I had the same thing when I finished the install. It was an egr issue
  5. A

Torque Monster Header install help

Yes. Ur right. Meant to say driver side. I'm having a tough time accessing that inside bolt on the heat shield. Only thing I could get in there was a traditional 13mm wrench and I had no room hardly for my hand (thus why it fell!). It didnt seem to want to move and I was afraid to strip head...
  6. A

Torque Monster Header install help

Started the install process over the weekend. reading mostly v8boatbuilder and mountaineergreen's threads. I have a very early 97 (ie no external egr tube to deal with). I am having trouble getting off the exhaust manifold bolt on the driver side that is closest to the front of the engine. I...
  7. A

torque monster Header install help

Started the install process over the weekend. reading mostly v8boatbuilder and mountaineergreen
  8. A

Bilsteins!!! AMAZING!!!

BSs are amazing. Drives like beamer. Money well spent. I spent a year agonizing. Like I said I had EBs but they were way old. I never pulled trigger on BSs bc I don't like to but non american. But they are grt and I am v happy
  9. A

Rustproofing / Undercoating

Ha! This is straight out of the movie Fargo where William h Macy keeps trying to sell the undercoating package to the customer.
  10. A

Best Oil to use

Wow. That's a lot of great data. Im gonna try some of the suggestions See how it goes. Thank u all for ur input!!
  11. A

Best Oil to use

Thank you for the response. 1) what is a better oil given my setup/age 2) where can u get such lab oil testing done? I just gogles "Performance Based Monitoring" and got a bunch of unrelated subject matter. thanks
  12. A

Best Oil to use

Hey - So my 97 5.0 xlt AWD has 140k miles on it. In pretty good shape. I have always used Mobil 1 synthetic 10W-30. My family always uses mobile. My brother always said it was top notch. So I have 2 questions: 1) Do you guys think I am putting the best oil i can into my ex given the...
  13. A

My thoughts on a reason to stay away from FRAM oil filters...

cool thank you guys for the good advice motorcraft oil filters from here on out.
  14. A

Can feel every single bump in the road

Buy bilsteins. I had edelbrocks that were old but better than stock. But I just put BSs in and they are amazing. Drives like a Beamer: firm but forgiving. Like a new car
  15. A

(PICS INSIDE) 15x8 wheels 4"BS, bfg 31/10.50, 1.5" TT, warrior shackle and AAL

Sweet ride. I have a white ex and have been thinkinking of getting new wheels tires. What was the breakdown in costs for both and where,d u get them. Again. Nice work!!!!!
  16. A

Hey thanks for reply...I dk if there is an Az near me. I know there's a pep boys. Prob the same thing. My whole life I've been goi g to mom and pop parts store. Been good friends Re screwing in that makes sense. I actually start it w hand and finish it off w oil filter wrench. Gets v...
  17. A

Anyone have any added thots on this prior post about a sender? I dk what or where that is
  18. A

Also. When I go to the parts counter they always aren't sure which fram to give me. They usually go w the smaller one. The one that has the black grip on it. Question for u. Can u guys tell me the motor craft part number that I need for my 5.0 v8 so in the future I just get the right part. Thanks
  19. A

Amazing. Just seeing this thread for the first time. I have been using fram for a year now. After changing oil I always get under thecae at idle to make sure no leaks etc. I noticed that dam diesel like/marbling noise. I told my mechanic friend and he said it's a noise being made bc the car...
  20. A

Front shocks

If u are looking for a great ride. Go to eshock.com and get itself some bilsteins. I just did and the ride is amazing. Like driving a Beamer. Firm but no dash rattles etc. Like a new car
  21. A

Bilsteins!!! AMAZING!!!

Sure. This is the link to where I got them. Good guys. Cheapest. http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=2Q88&SubChar=Q I didn't buy the bilstein axl wrap, or fifth shock. I got a Monroe one off amazon
  22. A

Bilsteins!!! AMAZING!!!

I just put them on today. Absolutely great. I was torn bt the edelbrocks and bilsteins. Had the eb but they shud have been replaced long ago so I don't remember how they used to be? All I can say is the BSs are amazing. Like driving a Beamer. Firm but forgiving. Get them now u won't be...
  23. A

Wanted Westin Grill/Brush Guard for 2nd Gen

I dont beileve westin makes one These guys make one. http://www.carid.com/1997-ford-explorer-grill-guards/bull-bar-111770.html I am debating to get it in black or white. I have a white 2nd gen
  24. A

Stock Exhaust Manifold Leak/Replacement

Ahhh. I see. I totally didn't even consider power, torque or gas mileage. I was strictly asking based on if it was worth it for me to to do 5+ hours of work. Thanks for opening my eyes
  25. A

Stock Exhaust Manifold Leak/Replacement

I have a small exhaust leak on the manifold. I called the dealer up and they said they have been discontinued and that they dont carry the part. 1) does anyone know where you can get one of these? I assuming a junkyard is not a good idea because it is probably old and rusty and not worth...
Back