Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Freebie - 4x4 control module

It has one more week on my shelf, then it just goes in the garbage.
  2. 0

Sending PM :thumbsup:
  3. 0

A 4x4 control module for 3rd generation Explorers
  4. 0

Anyone want this thing?
  5. 0

4x4 Shift Motor

I have an '02 XLT, and so far, have had hell with the 4x4. Module was toast, replaced, got the auto and HI working, but still no 4x4LO. Took a look at the writeup here about rebuilding the shift motor, and did what I could (everything was nice and pretty inside). The writeup had a serviceable...
  6. 0

Open the glovebox, press in the side tabs and fold it down, module will be bolted to the blower housing.
  7. 0

I'm not sure on its full compatibility. It came off a late build 02, so its likely. Check your part number, see if it begins with 2c54
  8. 0

Thanks Rick. It's free (+shipping) or pickup (few miles north of Denver)
  9. 0

3rd Gen Strut Spacers on 4th Gen?

Thank you sir. These aren't RBs or BTF, but same stuff, different day. As long as the pattern is the same. :salute:
  10. 0

3rd Gen Strut Spacers on 4th Gen?

I have a set of strut spacers here for a 3rd gen (off a 2002), will they work on 4th gen? I'm not sure if the suspension changed between the years. Thanks in advance, Michael
  11. 0

How to make your Ford Explorer steering column telescope PICS

Did this mod to my Explorer tonight. Got some pics: The part before hacking it up: I cut the part at the lines in the pic above. I used a 9mm socket to trace a nice round edge that matches the original ends. I left .15" between the center hole and the edges
  12. 0

Alignment (camber) kit needed?

2002 Explorer XLT Ordered 2.5" front and 2" rear strut spacers. Is there enough adjustment there to align it to spec, or do I need to purchase the camber kit for each wheel? I'll be hitting Firestone for their lifetime alignment deal, but I really don't want to pay their ridiculous markup for...
  13. 0

Dome light & door ajar issues on a 2004 Explorer.

I agree with the WD-40 in the latches (or PB blaster), open and close the door several times, then follow with some white lithium grease to maintain lube after the WD-40 dries up. Trick I learned for my Taurus.
  14. 0

Noobie Warning!

We'll keep it short: I just bought a 2002 Explorer XLT, 130,000mi, of course 4L SOHC and 4x4. It needs a little love; heater valve bad, 4x4 control module baked (anyone have an extra 1L2Z-7E453-A laying around? LOL), and tires have to go. Other than that, just making sure the basic...
  15. 0

Transmission Compatibility 99 Explorer

I am doing a transmission swap for a coworker with a 99 Explorer, ohv V6, 4wd. I basically need to know what transmissions would swap with it. I know 99-01 Explorer/Mountaineer with the same motor (and 4wd) will swap, but is there a wider range of vehicles that will work as a donor? For example...
Back