Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

What's your explorer looking like today

you are absolutely right lmao, just had a local shop replace my super fubar'd exhaust, did an awesome job and even asked for my input on what i was looking for and let me watch how he did the bends on the pipe and handed me a welding visor so i could watch the way he did the welds
  2. K

you are absolutely right lmao, just had a local shop replace my super fubar'd exhaust, did an awesome job and even asked for my input on what i was looking for and let me watch how he did the bends on the pipe and handed me a welding visor so i could watch the way he did the welds
  3. K

thank you, it's not quite done yet, but getting there
  4. K

i just realized my other pic did not load lol..., i need to adjust the rear shackles, they're not 153 warriors, but they have held up so far.... the characteristic mark umder the driver door is thanks to a 2" sapling that got hooked between the inside of the driver front tire and the front...
  5. K

homemade snorkel ( got the ideas here on the forum ) 2" suspension lift coil spacers/ shackles brand new 32/11.5r15 maxxis bighorns redneck sticker is osu orange/ mossy oak all in all, not bad for a days work now to replace my ujoints
  6. K

I am hoping this not a resurrection thread lmao, but I am wanting to convert my first gen hubs to warn manual hubs, I just can't seem to find the thread on it, part numbers and all that would be super awesome, and if ya happen to know the spline count is for the 92 Eddie Bauer 8.8 is would be...
  7. K

working on bumpers and a winch, maybe a locker

working on bumpers and a winch, maybe a locker
  8. K

proud to say I am an american soldier and I love my Exporer

proud to say I am an american soldier and I love my Exporer
  9. K

ohhhhh $&!^&#^ test run = I broke it bad

Ok I apologize in advance for long posts life is sucky at the moment. I have a lot on my plate so the write up and pics will be a little while. So I got the engine back together it is running but has a really rough idle when I put the FPR back on the o ring got ruined so I went and got a new o...
  10. K

K so I pulled off my hubs today and put the brake cleaner in and met them sit for about an hour. Then poured the sludge through a screen and did not find any metal or broken pieces is there any thing I should be looking for. Nothing fell out everything seems to spin still. Im not sure what...
  11. K

Tow point?

Or what I did was took the ball off my stinger and put that shackle through and put it back in the receiver it worked for me the other day. IMO that point might work once but I wouldn't put it there. I didn't see the hitch though. I'm just sayin I would rather dig it out that put it there...
  12. K

Ohhhhh yes I checked the freeze plugs and they are in good shape with no weeping
  13. K

K so I just checked the cam and stuff it looks really good no scoring but I am waiting for the intake gasket to get here so I candy drain the rest of the oil and look for fragments of more bad news. Fingers crossed toes too other than some pretty bad carbon build up everything looks really...
  14. K

i Will post pics later in the next couple days that i could take with the cell.... CULPRIT = the intake gasket i will also try to do a write up as best i can. As far as my step dad and I can tell no major damage i might have caught it just in time....if there is such a thing and if i am that...
  15. K

k i checked the oil its low and smells a little gassy but no water in oil. cap has no crud on it don't see any leaks from top end yet. put water in radiator and it pours out from same place as the vid shows with the engine off. god when i break something i break it good. but i guess thats how...
  16. K

im gonna start tearing into it today i appreciate the replys and will def. check both head gasket and intake thanks guys. Also thanks for telling me how to post pics. ill report back what i find later
  17. K

911 in a big way. Please help my dd is out of commission!!! K so I did a test run after lift and tires and almost back slid into a mud hole made for tires out of my...
  18. K

This could save your life

K thanks Rick. You guys are awesome! !!!
  19. K

need some help please

Im getting the same thing with 33's with mine its a combination of dirty hubs and bad bearings but my u joints are really rusty probably will do those when I do the bearings. Imo check your bearings first and maybe grease your zerk fittings
  20. K

Looking for opinions on a 91 (lift, mods, etc)

For the coil spacers I got some 1/4 inch thick 2x2" tube steel for 10$ and drilled the holes on a buddies drill press I forget what size bit I used. And got some 3/8's inch thick flat stock for the shackles.But I went with a 2" body lift also made of tube steel and I am running 33 12.50 on...
  21. K

This could save your life

I know use the search button.... lol. But is there a thread on cb use and lingo? I have had 3 different ones and I cant ever seem to Install them correctly to get out farther than 10' or so ? I used Google to look it up but its a few videos and I followed them as well as I could. I got...
  22. K

For Sale A few 1st gen parts for sale

Lol I meant my x but that is a good idea to rattled my x wife
  23. K

looking to lift...cheaply...options?

It sounds pretty close to the lift I went with 2" spacers in front 3/8" thick flat steel for the shackle lift and a 2" body lift I am running 33" 12.50 r 15 wild country txr with a little rub from turning to tight the only thing I don't like so far is I might need a steering stabilizer...
  24. K

looking to lift...cheaply...options?

It was oh so fun and a learning experience
Back