Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Recall 09B11

I will post the board info here when I get the new one and replace it. Yes, it might be the brake switch but the board is $20.00 cheaper...so I am going with the board first then the switch if it does not solve the problem.
  2. M

Recall 09B11

Yes. It is a 6 speed auto as well.
  3. M

Recall 09B11

I am going to take the chance. I just ordered the part (circuit board) $31.99 plus tax, from the dealer. I will not get it until next week. I will post a reply here to let everyone know if it worked or not. It seems to me that this problem is happening at many other Explorers, not only the ones...
  4. M

Recall 09B11

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem. Any advice? Thanks
  5. M

Recall 09B11

I am having the same problem but I didn't get a letter and the dealer said that this recall does not apply to my vin #. Do you think I should replace the board myself or it could be something else causing it to get stuck? Thanks
  6. M

Gear Shift Stuck in Park

I just found this thread after posting a new thread. On the other hand, no one offered a solution to my problem here anyway. The recall for the circuit board is only on selected vin #s and the service bulletin on the brake switch does not apply to the 2006 explorer, only up to 2005. The brake...
  7. M

Gearshift Lever Problem

Folks, I am new to this forum and I need help with this issue. I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Limited V8. 96,000 and it is very difficult to shift from park to drive (an interminent problem that is getting worse). I poped the cover to access the manual over ride swtich so I can drive it but I...
  8. M

2006 Explorer Gearshift Lever Problem

Folks, I am new to this forum and I need help with this issue. I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Limited V8. 96,000 and it is very difficult to shift from park to drive (an interminent problem that is getting worse). I poped the cover to access the manual over ride swtich so I can drive it but I...
Back