Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

A/C Compressor Clutch

Maybe you overfill it with gas and on high RPM's your high pressure switch is getting activated. Release little gas out.
  2. F

92 4.0 issues?

Did you fix your problem? What was it, just curious?
  3. F

92 4.0 issues?

Sounds like problem I had. Crank shaft position sensor, try with this one first.
  4. F

94 Explorer 4x4 problem

Did you check your switches ( push buttons) for 4H and 4L?
  5. F

Fuel in oil

Ok guys here is update of this story. Replaced cranck shaft position sensor 2 days ago with second hand one. On ohm meter old and new one were showing exactly the same, arround 600 Ohms. After CKP was changed car is starting and running fine. Exhaust is not overheating anymore and RPM are...
  6. F

Fuel in oil

My mistake 130.5 psi compression pressure]
  7. F

Fuel in oil

I did check compression and it is arround 9bars/ 0.62psi on all cylinders, on cold engine. It is not perfect but no so bad I would say. I changed already all cables and spark plugs. Lately engine even doesn't start. And then suddenly starts again for few times and after doesn't starts again...
  8. F

Fuel in oil

Hi Guys I removed all six injectors and took them to guy who tested them in front of me. Neither one of them are leaking and they are dosing exactly the same amount of fuel. Only what I didn't change so far it is cranck position sensor. Does anyone have idea if the that sensor is damaged...
  9. F

Fuel in oil

No body any ideas???
  10. F

Fuel in oil

Hi Guys To give update on my problem. Engine started to work realy bad, revs going up and down and like not all cylinders working at all. Black smoke from exhaust. All this is happening from time to time, sometimes car is working perfect and then later these symptoms. What I tried to do so...
  11. F

How To: Pull Trouble Codes on a 1st Gen Explorer (paperclip method)

Hi guys I did this test today and i am coming with 176 fault. Can you help me what i need to check or replace. Check engine light is coming when engine is running for more then 10-15 minutes. On short distance never.
  12. F

Fuel in oil

No engine is running ok, still strong. Starting without problem and rpm's are steady. What do you think is the problem?
  13. F

Fuel in oil

I forgot it is Explorer 4.0 V6 1994.
  14. F

Fuel in oil

If someone can help me with reason why my oil level is going higher. It smells like gasoline is comming in oil. I changed new spark plugs and changed oil but level went up again. Can someone give any good idea?
  15. F

stuck in 4wd

Remove the motor and manualy turn it back too 2WD. When motor is removed check it on th bench to prove it is ok. But if you asked me I wold open it completly and check everything especially that plastic part.
  16. F

New 4x4 Shift Motor... Still Nothing

No problem. Hope will help.
  17. F

http://slike.hr/slike/41861813_80e8e.gif.html
  18. F

I hope this will help you. Motor wires are orange and yellow. Cheers
  19. F

Ford explorer 93, 4.0L, problem with 4x4

Problem was in that plastic part on transfer case motor. Open the motor replaced broken part, add some grease on the gear and everything working without problem. I found good page where you can find all the drawings electrical and mechanical www.alldatadiy.com
  20. F

Hi guys Manage to fix my father in law truck 4x4. This was very helpfull forum. If anybody needs any drawings for explorer 1993 all can be found on www.alldatadiy.com. Very good web page. Cheers
  21. F

Anybody, anything? Looks like no luck.
  22. F

Hi Guys Does anybody have electrical drawings of 4x4 system, from switches to module and to motor? If anybody have it would be highly appreciated.
  23. F

Thanks for help guys, for sure I will have many more questions. This car is very rare in my country reason more to keep it running as long I can. Cheers
  24. F

Hi guys I am new on this forum and comming from Europe, Croatia. My father in law is having this car and having problem of starting 4X4. When you push button 4x4 nothing happens. I read that thread which explains a lot. Can someone explains me more closely where that module which is...
Back