Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2019 Explorer Sport Tune

They probably lowered the fan temp in the tune thats not uncommon.
  2. D

Cold Air Intake for 5.0 Explorer

As has been said you cannot modify the air inlet or maf sensor placement or airflow in any way shape or form without letting the ecu know about it. For the inlet air temp sensor. It has to be relative to what the ecu is expecting. if its relocated or moved to read temperature at a...
  3. D

TunerPro Datalogging - Quarterhorse (XDT1/XDT2 ECU's)

As some of you may know datalogging wasn't supported with TunerPro on the 2 bank ecus (most 96/97 fords). Reason being was some memory mapping issues. Well all has been resolved and 2 bank datalogging is now fully supported. Attached the link to download the CQAB1 xdf and adx to datalog the...
  4. D

Steering Rack bushing

i put some oil filler grommets on it for the time being.
  5. D

Steering Rack bushing

Bringing this back. My wifes rack and pinion bushings completely blew out yesterday and she almost died. Failed literally over night as there was no warning or issues prior. Ford lists it as the Steering Gear Assembly Insulator. None of my autoparts stores carry it. I found one on ebay for...
  6. D

Foxbody ECU Code Updates

I find it amazing how 34 years later we are still updating the code for the foxbody ecu's. Latest and greatest A9L2 base tune, gufx xdf and datalogging adx for tunerpro posted. As always the custom tuning software and tunes / support are free. Most notably you can now have much more refined...
  7. D

SCT x4 Unable to unlock vehicle error

thats crappy luck I always write the tune with the ignition off / key out so there are no battery drains that could cause potential issues. Very odd your ecu was fried.
  8. D

Inexpensive, easy intake and exhaust mods

very nice I never considered cutting the bottom of the filter housing. That gives me some options and ideas. Thanks for sharing.
  9. D

2020 Ford Engine swap

we do these kinds of swaps all the time its best to keep the 10spd trans your looking 9k for the engine, 4k for electronics and wiring, and another 7k in misc custom parts +8k if you want to boost it. I'd estimate 20k for labor. Round it off to 50k. Bring that and the truck and we will...
  10. D

5.0 tuning

deleted
  11. D

Transmission swap ideas?

if you can do a cheap 6r80 that would be your best bet
  12. D

Transmission swap ideas?

oh no doubt it can be done much cheaper with used parts and searching for deals. If you look at my 4r70w swap i linked in my supercoupe it only cost me $350 factor in the price for transmission flexplate bolts torque converter separator plate merc v fluid modified driveshaft modified cooler...
  13. D

Want to modify 2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 (53K miles)

x2 what JC said, maintenance first except transmission air filter fuel filter plugs wires oil and filter rear dif fluid pcv valve belts hoses vac lines flush p/s and then replace power steering high pressure line flush brake lines and replace iwth fresh dot4 fluid do brakes if needed, turn...
  14. D

Transmission swap ideas?

as stated you can do a 6r80 swap and use a controller for the trans, your looking around $8,000 or you can do a 4r70w your looking around $4500 Or you can do a t56 or t45 swap for around $3500 Cheapest method is a simple rebuild ~$1500 Regardless you'll need Transmission Torque Converter or...
  15. D

How to get gas out the tank

take the feed line loose at the filter and turn the pump on pump it in to gas cans
  16. D

Pursuit mode

The criteria to enter pursuit mode has been significantly reduced basically making it useless IMO on the updated pcm calibrations due to complaints ford was getting from drivers complaining about their vehicles not driving correctly after inadvertently entering pursuit mode when not intended...
  17. D

Help! Window Tint Matches Outside But Not Inside

you need to tint the back windows, get 35% on all the back and you'll be happy
  18. D

Would ignition coils from 2006 4.6 3v work on a 2003 4.6 2v ?

3 coils don't just die at once. Tell your friend he needs to go WOT more often.
  19. D

SCT x4

i don't think they have any can tunes on the xcals for the explorers but i could be wrong.
  20. D

Check Engine Light OUT

jump the wire at the ecu and see if it illuminates, if it doesn't then you need to trace the wire from there prob not your issue but I recall some fords having issues with broken solder joints on the clusters prob wouldn't hurt to check
  21. D

Need Help Fuel Pump Circuit

to answer your questions, yes the starter will still engage if the ignition switch is bad or faulty the starter circuit is different than the ignition and accessory circuits
  22. D

2000 XLT cold weather idling on startup

no an air or vac leak won't hurt anything so long as the vehicle continues to run fine after its warmed up just don't go racing it and you'll be fine when the weather is better
  23. D

Need Help Fuel Pump Circuit

failed crank sensor has no affect on the pump priming at key on it sounds to me like you have either a faulty ignition switch and that circuit isn't getting fed juice or either a short in your fuse box verify the check engine light comes on with key on every time, a bad ecu relay will have the...
  24. D

Buzzing sound during acceleration

Usually a buzzing noise on acceleration is due to low trans fluid. Its usually more pronounced in reverse with hard acceleration as well as slippage. Reverse slips easier than drive.
  25. D

'04 Exp--3 stalls while driving, now "Check Charging System"

from what your describing it sounds like a bad alternator
Back