Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. peterk9

Air intake on undercarriage?

Welcome to the Forum Steven. :wave: Did you lose yours? This is it from Levittown Ford which is a forum vendor and offers members a discount. https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-lower-shield-db5z9910494a?c=bD0zJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM%3D...
  2. peterk9

Rear sensing speaker location needed

I believe it is in the settings or one of the options on the screen. The manual should mentioned it. Peter
  3. peterk9

anyone connect this to a stock XLT

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Peter
  4. peterk9

Wiring Led Lights Under hood

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: FYI, that was the member's 1 and only post here and has not bothered to respond to other posts. Good luck. Peter
  5. peterk9

2013 piu from fire dept rear hvac activate

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: "GSD" :dunno: Peter
  6. peterk9

Rear sensing speaker location needed

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Have you confirmed that the rear sensors have not been turned OFF? And as Whey Cooler asked, is the camera displaying all the lines it should? Peter
  7. peterk9

TONS of smoke from exhaust. 2015 Explorer 3.5 EcoBoost

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Knowing what the problem was, I would have left it at the dealership for them to repair it. Diagnostic fees are usually covered by the warranty if the claim is valid. Is there another dealership in the area that you could have taken it to? If it was residual oil, I...
  8. peterk9

2017 3.5l lost power

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I'm not sure what you expect but I doubt that they wouldn't do much more than give you an apology. There are several posts about loose hoses causing the loss of power issue. Please let us know how it goes. Peter
  9. peterk9

2014 XLT electronic steering failure. looking for a good scanner for resetting the faulty steering codes.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Given that this thread is now 2 weeks old, have you done anything related to the issue? Peter
  10. peterk9

2014 XLT interior lights don’t come on when doors are opened

If other items associated with the fuse in question work, then, yes, the fuse is not the problem. I checked the fuse list in the manual and don't see anything else that could possibly be the issue. Do the visor lights work? Peter
  11. peterk9

Warranty claim after coverage (only just) expired?!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: The person that you quoted was a Ford rep that used to be on here but all reps were pulled from forums many years ago. If the Expedition has the same engine and internal water pump configuration as the Explorer, you may want to have the water pump replaced at the...
  12. peterk9

PIU Trunk board collapsed

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-side-panel-db5z78310b16b https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-side-panel-db5z78310b16a Levittown is a forum vendor offering members a discount...
  13. peterk9

PIU Trunk board collapsed

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Peter
  14. peterk9

2018 Drivers Side Seat Heat Not Working

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: The member you quoted was last seen here on December 8, 2020, so likely isn't around any longer. BTW, there are several threads on this same issue that can be found using the 'Search' feature at the upper right. Peter
  15. peterk9

Jerky Windows on 2014 XLT: Advice Wanted...

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/windows-stutter.388093/ Peter
  16. peterk9

2.3 Ecoboost 0 Compression

From what I've found, it's a non-interference engine. Peter
  17. peterk9

2012 Explorer front speaker upgrade

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I haven't replaced any speakers but I'm guessing they are probably just 'plug & play' using the existing wiring. There are several threads on speaker replacements so perhaps someone who has done it could confirm. Peter
  18. peterk9

Radio don’t work

It could be a faulty APIM (Accessory Program Interface Module). The APIM is the 'brains' of the MFT system. There are several threads on that topic. Here is one of them; MFT Black / Blank Screen I'm not aware of how you can test that module to confirm that it is the problem but did find this...
  19. peterk9

Engine code P21A0

Thank you very much for reporting back. Appreciate the info. :thumbsup: Peter
  20. peterk9

Coolant leak on passenger side. Any possibility other than water pump?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I don't think I've rad about that particular issue here before. Peter
  21. peterk9

Weird intermittent drivers window, need to press 3X for it to work up/down

Try opening the window with the switch and holding the switch for a few seconds to see if that will 'rest' the window. Peter
  22. peterk9

Backup alert

Welcome to the Forum Bob. :wave: The Rear Parking Aid is covered in the manual on page 197 of the 3rd printing. However, if the default is ON, you would have to turn it OFF each time. Peter
  23. peterk9

Backup alert

Hi Barry. I'm guessing that the default is ON so you would have to turn it OFF every time you have the trailer attached. I guess there is no way to disable it permanently. Peter
  24. peterk9

2012 explorer dead battery... locked out!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: According to the manual, there are 2 types of keys. Integrated Keyhead Transmitter Intelligent Access Which do you have? Peter
  25. peterk9

Adding Power-Folding Mirrors to XLT

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Using the handy 'Search' feature at te upper right, I found a similar thread about adding the mirrors. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/adding-auto-side-mirror-folding-system.423720/ Perhaps it will help. Peter
Back