Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2013 possible purchase questions

it is at a dealer. what is ESP? comes with 30 day 1,000 mile warranty.
  2. C

2013 possible purchase questions

Well,the wife went and fell in love with a 2013 xlt with the non turbo 3.5. I drove it and it seems to run and drive fine. Has 98,000 miles and is 4wd. What are some problems to look out for? Common problems with this year explorer? Only explorer we have owned was a 2004,nothing to compare with...
  3. C

what is causing misfire codes?

Did this and drove it for a few minutes. Check engine light came on with codes(302,303) for the same 2 cylinders. What do I do next?
  4. C

what is causing misfire codes?

2004 4.6 140,000 miles. Here are the codes PO 300,302,303,316. Engine runs great and no check engine light until under heavy throttle. Then check engine light comes on and engine misses. Just had a new cat put on passenger's side for this problem. Thought it was fixed,but it's back again. Really...
  5. C

2004 explorer won't rev. idles good

I meant ABS codes,not tranny codes
  6. C

ok,my scanner does have the 19d software. There are no transmission codes in the scanner. Do I need to do something different with the scanner to get tranny codes to show up?
  7. C

how can I tell if my code scanner is can supported? I have an actron obd2 autoscanner cp9175. If it isn't can supported,is there another way to test for ABS codes?
  8. C

Any other suggestions? really need to get it fixed and sold.
  9. C

ok,took me longer then I thought to get back to work on the explorer. I think the throttle motor is working as it should. I had my son work the throttle while I watched the throttle body,seems to work as it should. Can hear the motor running and see the butterfly moving when he moves the gas...
  10. C

I will try cycling the TB with it opened up,depress the gas pedal,key on tonight when the wifey comes home to help. But if I remember correctly,the throttle plate wouldn't move by hand as long as the key was on. I will do it again and see for sure what it does. Wish there was a way for the...
  11. C

well,I checked the operation of the throttle body butterfly. it opens and closes freely and shuts and opens a little as it should when the key is turned on. Any other tests I can do? Today for whatever reason,the engine will rev to about 1800 before it stops revving,idles rough then dies. starts...
  12. C

yes,it is dbw. thanks for the info. I will check it out tomorrow.
  13. C

Not even sure what to check for.2004 4.6 140,000 miles. No check engine light and no codes stored. Engine starts up great,idles good,maybe a little rough but not bad. When you step on the gas,even floor it,the rpm's jump to 1200 for a second then back to idle speed even though my foot still has...
  14. C

urgent help needed 2004 running bad,won't rev or move.

that's what is so hard about figuring this out. No codes in the computer at all.
  15. C

would a bad egr valve cause this?
  16. C

yes,it idles about 600 rpm and will not rev past 1800,not even close to being driveable unless you want to idle at about 2 mph
  17. C

Yes,I meant standard o2 sensor size. I do have the special one for o2 sensors,just didn't know if they made different sizes.
  18. C

Is the o2 sensor the standard socket size? I have a socket if it is,but the vehicle isn't here for me to check
  19. C

I did disconnect the negative terminal just out of curiosity. no change in the way it ran. I put my hand over the exhaust pipe when it was running,and the engine never pulled down or changed speed at all. Would this indicate a plugged cat? I guess what has me stumped is the noise it is...
  20. C

Need the vehicle running before Monday if possible. It's a 2004 4wd 4.6 v8 with 140,000 miles. My wife was driving around town today and had to park it at her daughter's house because even if you floor it,the engine will only rev to about 1500-1800 rpm's and idles really low,maybe 600 rpm. she...
  21. C

po303,po316?

Yeah but the intake and gasket won't be so cheap or easy. Lol
  22. C

po303,po316?

The code moved to the cylinder i moved the coil to
  23. C

po303,po316?

well damn. not good news. all the spark plug holes on that side of the engine have coolant in them. I blew them out,dried everything the best I could,switched coils,codes still come back. So now I need a new coil and probably an intake gasket. Will have to go to the shop for the gasket. This...
  24. C

po303,po316?

well,it is a legit code. It comes back every time I reset it now. how hard to change coils? does the fuel pressure need to be relieved and the fuel rail removed? looks like it to me,just want to know before I create extra work for myself
Back