Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Raced a Cougar....

Yeah, I found out he was wrong after I went to Mercury's webpage and found that the biggest engine they have available only has 170hp. I said the same thing to him, "Did Mercury make a Cougar specially for you with 220hp?". Heheh, he didn't like that too much. Dead Link Removed I have made a...
  2. K

Raced a Cougar....

Welp, I just got done racing my brother-in-laws 99 Cougar (V6). We've had this little rivalry going on for awhile now about whose vehicle is faster. He says that his Cougar has 220hp, and that there's no way I could beat him because my Explorer weighs so much more and I don't have a high enough...
  3. K

Ford Tremor? I want one!

I was clicking through Explorer Undergrounds site when I ran across this: Dead Link Removed It's an article about the Ford Tremor. I would KILL to have one of these things. There has got to be someway we can get them into production? They are definately putting the SPORT in SPORT Utility...
  4. K

Rear lower than front

I am starting to experience the same problem with my explorer. (98 Sport). It seems like it started happening after I put the thicker rear sway bar on from Explorer Express. I was hoping that when I put some new shocks on (edlebrock IAS) that it would take care of the problem. Lemme know if the...
  5. K

Tickety Tickety Tick noise

If you have the 4.0L SOHC, it is most likely the cam tensioner. There is a known problem with it. I had the same problem also. Sometimes the ticking would get really load and the idle would drop down to like 500 RPMs. I took it into the dealer after reading all the posts on this board about that...
  6. K

K&N verion of KKM?

Could someone please post a URL to the K&N version of the KKM induction kit? thanks.
  7. K

after market air intake reducing power!

I noticed the same thing when I made some changes to my vehicle. I added a Borla cat-back exhaust and the KKM induction kit. I also disconnected the negative battery terminal when installing the KKM. I don't think I have gotten any slower, if anything, I've gotten a little faster. Hard to say...
  8. K

Sway bars question ?????

I have a 98 sport and installed the rear sway bar from Explorer Express. All I can say is, WOW. It made a HUGE difference in handling. Not only did it help cornering, but it also seemed to make the suspension stiffer all around. You'll be taken corners faster than you thought you ever would in...
  9. K

Rear end gear ratio?

How do you tell what gearing you have? I have a 98 Sport 4.0L SOHC, I think it has the towing package if that makes a difference.....
  10. K

To KKM or not to KKM, that is the ?

OK, I now this subject has been beaten to death but I've done a little research and opening it up again. The question is, should I get a KKM induction kit? I have did a search on this message board and have read through the several other posts on this topic. Most of the people that put one on...
  11. K

Drilled Airbox

I'm just worried about it sucking in hot air which would hurt it more than help it.
  12. K

Drilled Airbox

I'm just worried about it sucking in hot air which would hurt it more than help it.
  13. K

Drilled Airbox

Can someone please post some picks or draw some in photoshop of where you are drilling the holes in the airbox?
  14. K

Drilled Airbox

Can someone please post some picks or draw some in photoshop of where you are drilling the holes in the airbox?
  15. K

Just wanted to take a survey of who has Street Trucks?

No, sport-truck does not necessarily mean "street car". A sport truck is a truck that has been modified to increase street performance. Such as lowering the truck, modifying suspension for better handling, engine modifications to make the truck accelerate faster, etc. If you want to get a good...
  16. K

Just wanted to take a survey of who has Street Trucks?

98 Sport Black/Grey 4.0L SOHC Auto Front and rear AVS blackouts Rear Sway bar from Explorer Express Borla cat-back exhaust K&N air filter Soon to be Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks
Back