Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

please help 05 mountaineer no crank, security light flashing fast, had bad ground term

MERCURY MOUNTAINEER ENGINE CONTROL MODULE 5L2A-12A650-KB is this correct for waht i nee? i see some say need to program to vin? some dont, should i be able to replace then has keys programed?
  2. O

please help 05 mountaineer no crank, security light flashing fast, had bad ground term

so according to this diagnosis id need a new pcm? on the 2005 mountaineer the pcm is under dash on passenger side? behind rear seat under panel was what i posted the picture off, looks like pats module
  3. O

ac one does the same, no continuity either way reads one way under the diode setting
  4. O

all seemed to check out, except may be diode, did not read continuity either way but has a diode setting, read one way .646 , this is whats behind rear seat in wall, isnt it the pats box?
  5. O

when you when you first put the key in it shows the mileage but after it goes through need oil change low wiper fluid Etc there's just dashes is it the main computer three plug-ins looks like it's on the passenger side firewall pulls in through the passenger compartment but there was two bolts...
  6. O

ok, cold weather cheap battery cranked didnt start, replaced battery twice. ground terminal lose replaced it too. tried to start, no crank dash light on. security light blinks fast. was told pats/keys need reprogram. call locksmith he tells me it shows two keys programmed/ clears them tries to...
  7. O

please help, wobble back and forth, have new control arms what else!?

They seem ok? Any check I should be looking for? I did notice today that with motor running in park turning wheel lock to lock I'm getting a little squeaking, could it be steering tie rods?
  8. O

please help, wobble back and forth, have new control arms what else!?

replaced upper front control arms, still wobbles back and forth starting at 40 or so. in the past month or so also replaced rear wheel bearing pass side- still getting squealing from there. looking over things it seems "tie rod" rear driver side is bent what could be wrong?
  9. O

please help! sometimes wont start, 2 different ways!

key switch was never changed, i put the ignition switch back in since the problem seemed not to be it. what would cause it at random times not to recognize the key? what about tuning the key and nothing happens is that also pats? these both happen random what should i be changing or doing next?
  10. O

please help! sometimes wont start, 2 different ways!

i'm having a hard time, 00 explorer- sometimes wont start. i did have a side post battery with adapters, changed it. still sometimes wont start, tun the key and nothings happens. (bat connections were loose thats why i thought it was that) started about nov last year. now sometimes it will just...
  11. O

Drivers Side Door Lock Not Working Properly

what is the lock part number/ best price on it?
  12. O

need help with egr, detail from dealer inside

is there an online post somewhere of changing the egr and tube on the v6
  13. O

i'm getting codes p0401,p1309,p0171,p0174 is what came up from autozone, above where i quted is from the dealer on the sheet they gave me. i had changed the sensor 2 years ago, where it was burnt through. so for a parts list get 1. new sensor 2 egr valve . 3 ? egr pipe
  14. O

thanks, from the pic would the "pipe" be number 5? mine is after 96
  15. O

i had the dealer do the scan, it says "need egr sensor, pipe and gaskets" and also shows "found egr sensor and pipe failure needs egr pipe and sensor with gaskets" its a 2000 xls with the 4.0 efi i'm havein trouble with what parts i need and a good picture of them to replace.
  16. O

i need help with 4 codes please

i tried search, nothing with all 4 codes. plus mine is a ohv not the sohc motor so i didnt think intake manifold gaskets would be one of my problems
  17. O

i need help with 4 codes please

i have a 2000 xls with the ohv. i'm getting codes p0401,p1309,p0171,p0174 cel has been on since i have owned it. i have replaced the pefe, whatever its called, long ago. is there anywhere online where i can get egr info? as in stepp for checking and pics? i was told both o2 sensors where bad...
  18. O

windows will not roll down, help please

it was under,in the boot as well kinda odd, i dont have power seats either
  19. O

thanks again for the help, i found a brokee wire and repair it, all is well. but i found a red/black broke it looks the same as one on the door lock switch, but the all seem to work ok
  20. O

ok getting REALLY close, i found a broke wire in the boot but might have another related problem, i'll fix it and double check and report back
  21. O

can you be a little more clear on where the splice area is? i tried looking for posts, are you talking about the driver door jamb where the big connector is?
  22. O

ok little recap, and new info added. all the windows work fine from the master/drivers door. the other 3 windows will not work from each door. i checked the lock out switch with a meter it is ok. at the master switch i get 14v at light blue/black and red/light blue. NEW INFO at the pass front...
  23. O

first, thank you so much for the help budwich, my bad i get 14v when i flip the lockout switch
Back