Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Anyone still driving 2nd gens?

Sorry for not responding sooner. That's unlike me. The 4.10s and 33's seem to be a fine combo for me, but everyone and their mother has an opinion on proper gearing. Like I said, my Sport was never a race truck or Prius, even stock, and once you throw some heavy tires and wheels on it, the OHV...
  2. V

Anyone still driving 2nd gens?

Still have mine, although its no longer my DD. Great truck and always a blast to drive. My 4.0 is no race car, especially after adding 33s, but I threw some 4.10s and on there and its manageable. She gets parked for the winter but it's halfway through a 4x4 swap. It's spent its whole life in...
  3. V

4x4 Swap Questions

Yup, got a line on a 4wd transmission coming with the transfer case. Pulled the transmission out before a few times so that'll be the easy part. I don't have the transfer case yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I guess I'll find out when I get the case.
  4. V

4x4 Swap Questions

Hey all, It's been awhile since I had to post a question here but I think my lack of proper terminology is preventing me from finding the info I need on the site. As the title states, I am in the middle of a 4x4 swap on my 2000 Sport 2WD. I am not doing anything fancy, just the basic...
  5. V

Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas to the best forum on the Internet!
  6. V

Rustbucket to Blue Beast Conversion

Looks incredible!! Awesome job!
  7. V

Pro Comp add a leafs?

If I remember right, I think there were two different sized add-a-leafs I saw from Pro-Comp, one was like an 1" of lift and another slightly more, maybe 2"? After I did my body lift, I bought new leaf springs for a 4-door Explorer as those themselves sometimes are enough to lift the back of...
  8. V

My Explorer Sport Build

Consider me subscribed :)
  9. V

Varsity's 2000 Explorer Sport

Let's catch up, haha. So not sure if it's been mentioned in here before, sorry if it has, but I decided once I got my F-150 and retired the Explorer from Daily Driver status, I would put it away for the winter. Being almost 20 years old, the Midwest winters have really started taking a toll on...
  10. V

$1700 for a 210k rustbucket

Its pretty sad when the first lines are; "beats walking!" But honestly, that's how 95% of Explorers are around here anyways, if anything, that's on the better end, and that price is not unheard of. A bit steep, but not obnoxious. I do agree with what's already been said, that that truck is...
  11. V

June EF Lottery

I don't get many vacations, especially ones that I can take the Explorer, but a pic is from the 4 Wheel Jamboree that I go to with my dad every year in Ohio and Indianapolis sometimes too. Of course I am always the only Explorer, but it is always a great time. The other pic is from the annual...
  12. V

Most accurate Jurassic Park build?

WOW! They sure did put in a lot of time and effort into that. It'd be fascinating to read a build thread on that.
  13. V

Who has Power Stop Brakes? Thoughts on which ones to get with larger tires

No idea, maybe I just got lucky? Or you got a bad set? Dunno... Before those though, I had what I believe was PowerStop rotors but ThermoQuiet pads and my brakes squealed at the touch of the pedal. I figured it was the pads or my ignoring the break-in procedure, but recently I did a front...
  14. V

Found my RockAuto packing list, looks like the PowerStop Z23 brake pads with AR8551XPR (Fronts) and AR8552XPR (rears) rotors. My truck is RWD however, so some changes may need to be made. But I'm almost positive that's my current setup and I have no complaints.
  15. V

I put a Powerstop Evolution kit on my Sport and it seems to stop my 33's pretty well in my opinion. Did the slotted/drilled rotors and pads and no squeaks or anything. Just make sure to actually follow their break-in procedure. I'll have to see if I can find more specifics on the kit I used, but...
  16. V

1st gen no more

Sharp truck!!
  17. V

I posted in the "what did you do today" thread, but I'll add it here too. Couple weeks ago, I took the Explorer to Badlands Off Road Park to participate in their "Christmas in Attica" parade. Basically, people dress up their ATVs, UTVs, Jeeps, 4x4, etc. and drive through the town in a parade...
  18. V

BFG Ko vs ko2

I know its a possibility for any A/T but that freaked me out the first time that happened to me on my KOs. Although it was a huge piece of plastic that somehow got wedged between the treads and made a very unusual click click all the way til i stopped and found it :)
  19. V

Which engine lasts longer? 4.0 OHV or 5.0?

Oooo this will be a good one! Very interested to see the results of this, hopefully it doesn't get too heated here though
  20. V

BFG Ko vs ko2

Yup, that's the same issue almost everyone runs into. Thank sue-happy 21st century. Had to bargain to get them to sell me my 33's. Ended up loading em for me in the back, but wouldn't install onto truck. Given the aggravation I went through to get the tires, I could live with that.
  21. V

Sept-Oct 2017 EF Lottery

I'm not the best storyteller, but I hope you'll get the gist. Ya'll know this is one of those, "you have to have been there" sorta things. I included a pic of the time I first got sucked into the wheeling world. Nearly scared me out of it, and my cluelessness could've ended this badly. Decided...
  22. V

Thanks for the compliment! Yep, she sure has changed since I got her, mostly for the better, hehe. I did take a few pics of the cupholder lights. Its a pretty basic install, nothing fancy or impressive, as we didn't think much of it and it was an idea I had a while back. Thinking about it now...
  23. V

*** SPOILER ALERT *** No pictures... Finally got around to doing something that's been sitting since last Labor Day, installed an OEM trans cooler to the truck. Don't know if I posted when I got it, but last Labor Day as part of the 1/2 off at the junkyard, I got the trans cooler from an...
  24. V

Looking at a 2000 Explorer

I know this isn't related to the topic much, but I've put my 2WD Explorer through more than any sensible person would and its held its own. It definitely has its shortcomings, being 2WD, but as bigred mentioned, if a 2WD has potential, an AWD in fully functioning order should be totally fine. I...
Back