Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I feel your pain with the bubbles. I just looked at my hood the other week and yes there are bubbles on edge. This is my second explorer with hood bubbles. My Ptu was starting to drip oil and being 2 months out of warranty and and a 1000 miles over I knew what Ford would say based on reading...
  2. C

Stiff-armed by the dealer on a warranty issue

just curious about the rejected warranty issue, I am under the impression that the ptu problems you describe would be covered 100% under the drive train warranty 5 year 60,00 mile.
  3. C

Rust!

Its actually a pretty common problem with ford explorers, I bought a 2011 when they came out only to have the hood rust corrode after 2years, they repainted it and it looked prefect. I did trade it in on a 2015 limited after 4 years and yes the front hood was all bubbled again. Not my problem...
  4. C

Should I buy an Explorer Sport?

In addition to the engines internal water pump problem they also have been reported as have issues with the PTU failure and leaking. Its a unit that is that is attached to the transverse engine and drive the back wheels. Other then that it is a very nice crossover.
  5. C

new ford f150 tv commmercial

I’m a Ford owner and I am amused that ford would put a Sunday commercial about a Ford product pulling a cable up over a pulley to lift a heavy load and the back of the pick up goes down! Really, We are smarter then that right?\ At least based on the visual weight it was lifting.
  6. C

Key fob problems

I leave my key fob in cup holder inside explorer, it is parked in my garage. A few times this year I have gotten into my explorer and pushed the start button and it starts right up.. but there is a message on dash that says KEY NOT NOTICED same as when I try and start the car and the fob is not...
  7. C

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

I have an appointment at the ford dealer this Thursday to fix my low speed front end clunk. It happens all the time when driving over small road bumps or expansion cracks dips at around 5 to 8 mph. Pulling out of driveways and uneven surfaces. There is no noticeable noise at highway speeds. I...
  8. C

Towing

If this helps you out I just bought a travel trailer 17 ft 2900 lb. empty TW 300#/. I bought and installed the P3 Tekonsha brake control, and also installed WDH. I found that it pulls very easy and I have enough power for most travels. I can go 60 mph easily maybe 65. However if you are going...
  9. C

Weatherstrip issues

I have a 2015 limited. Just looked at mine and found both front door seals cracked like everyone else! Hope they will replace them with ones that last longer then 2 years.
  10. C

Where is the brake controller cable / plug?

I have a 2015 Explorer with factory tow package. The trailer I am looking at requires a brake control installed. Does anyone know if there is a plug under the drivers side dash that you can just plug into? The Ford website says that there is a plug there for trailer brakes, but that might be...
  11. C

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

I have a 2015 Explorer with factory tow package. The trailer I am looking at requires a brake control installed. Does anyone know if there is a plug under the drivers side dash that you can just plug into? The Ford website says that there is a plug there for trailer brakes, but that might be...
  12. C

Opinions on pulling travel trailers

Thanks Peterk9, I did read that in the past and it was informative, but I was still looking real life on free-way speeds 65/70 and my trailer would be 1000lbs lighter then those posted.
  13. C

Opinions on pulling travel trailers

I have a 2015 limited with tow package. I bought it because of the 5000 lb. tow rate. However after reading all the threads here I need some real life experiences. I am looking at a 2900 lb trailer 260 lb tongue weight. The trailer is 1 axle, 20 ft long with a slopped front. I plan on putting...
  14. C

I think if we all buy $50 hood deflectors that should help out Ford a lot with this hood bubble problem. Who agrees with this great idea?
  15. C

2015 Explorer Limited slow heat

I have 2015 limited, no problem with heat, however has only been down to -10. When I remote start, all electric seats turn on along with front and back full heat mode. ( I know the dual cool and heat type seat are not very good during winter, My seats will burn your butt.
  16. C

MY 2015 Explorer has several raised bubbles on leading edge of hood, I am keeping my eye on them to see if they get larger or break open and I have marked the existing ones so I will notice if new ones start up. My question is; I was under the impression that Ford has resolved this problem, if...
  17. C

I stopped at a blue oval Ford dealership last weekend to check on their supply of used explorers. They had 12 in stock years 2011 thru 2015. I checked the hoods and found that 8 of them had bubbles on leading edge, one had a hood diffuser so I couldn't tell if the paint was bad and there was 1...
  18. C

If you get your hood painted to fix the paint bubble problem let me tell you that it will only last maybe a year or so and it will start to bubble again. I know because they fixed mine that way on my 2011. Great paint job from Ford dealership body shop but it just did last! I would only settle...
  19. C

Just a reminder, I had a 2011limited, hood bubbled at 25K 2 years old ford repainted it and in 18 months it started to bubble again. Garage kept,always washed and waxed! I believe it is the aluminum with impurities causing corrosion then bubbles. And yes I think Ford should cover 100% of the...
  20. C

Just bought a new 2015 limited to replace my 2011 limited that had major hood bubbling and was repainted by Ford under warranty! Thought they would have this problem solved by now. Checked my new limited hood and noticed 2 bumps under edge!!! If these get larger I'm done with ford really...
  21. C

changes on 2011 limited to 2015 limited

perter and amilecz, thanks, I guess I never noticed the power plug in the center councel, but my rear heat never started with remote, I now have the rear heat turned off but it starts if I remote start. Then when I get in the car on start up it shuts off. Nice. Another thing I noticed is the...
  22. C

changes on 2011 limited to 2015 limited

I traded my 2011 with 44k in on new 2015 (Same options). I have noticed a few changes that I am pleased to see but never read about. I did note they had heated rear seats and larger brakes and I saw they added a slot between cup holders for those of us with mugs handles. good! A few other...
  23. C

Door alignment issue

Bottom door adjustment? Just picked up my new 2015 limited yesterday. This is a much better explorer then my 2011 limited I traded in. Very quiete and tight ride. Old one had 44k. Question is; the only thing I have noticed is the passenger door sticks out at the bottom about a 1/4 inch. No big...
  24. C

2015 limited

My new limited was ordered on the Dec 8 and was built on Jan 14 and was at dealership on Jan17. Wow I only live about 150 miles away but that is still amazing. Good Job Ford. and a great dealership with Jack Griffin Ford in Waukesha Wi. Thanks
  25. C

I just ordered a new 2015 limited and traded my 2011 limited in. As mentioned before the 2011 had hood bubbles and was repainted by ford. The dealer indicated that it was probably not prepped correctly at factory. They removed the paint and prepped it correctly I thought.Yes the hood is bubbling...
Back