Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Dana 35/ 44 hybrid simplified

I want to say that the total width is around 56 or 57 inches. It is just a little narrower than my rear 8.8 axle. What we did was to get a good cutting taper from NAPA, and a BIG drill. We stuck the tip in the bottom hole and ran the drill a bit. Then we stuck the lower 44 ball joint in the hole...
  2. R

Dana 35/ 44 hybrid simplified

I have been meaning to do this for some time, but just now getting around to it. A couple of years ago, I was interested in modifying my Dana 35 ttb with the Dana 44 ttb outers and spent a good deal of time scouring the internet, only to discover that for most of these applications, one needed a...
  3. R

302 with t18 and dana 20

Now the wheels are turning......8 forward gears...4 transfer case gears... 2 reverse gears....I am beginning to have some idea of what Dr. Frankenstein felt like.
  4. R

302 with t18 and dana 20

I have been looking at the NP 435 as well, but it seems to be easier to adapt a T18 to a Dana 20 transfer case. The first gears are comparable and the T18 is all cast where the NP 435 has an aluminum top cover. I would like to hear more about the Ranger overdrive. The 4.0 with 35's and 4.10's...
  5. R

302 with t18 and dana 20

Sounds like a good idea. I have been thinking about this for some time and I am currently scouting for parts. It will likely be next summer before I start due to obligations with the local school district and other things. Once I begin, I will start the write up.
  6. R

302 with t18 and dana 20

Howdy, After about 9 years of research, I finally decided to post something. I have been working on incorporating just about every upgrade and suggestion into my truck that I have found on this site. Over the years, I have made it a point to try and stick as closely as possible to the factory...
Back