Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. riverrat jr

2010 Explorer.

:thumbsup: Ditto 1st. paragraph. The last of the BOF 4wd Ex. I'm going to buy a 2010 Ex. Ltd. platinum white when its 4 yrs. old & has about 50k mi. That way it will be about 50% less $$.
  2. riverrat jr

Trading my X for a Mountaineer!!

"I'm kind of going over my options here, not sure what to do.. " Joe Dirt is telling you exactly the right things to do;have a little faith. My 5.0 gas mileage is about the same as reported, 17 -20.5. :thumbsup:
  3. riverrat jr

AWD reliability?

AWD reliability We own a 2001,V/8,AWD & love it. I bought it many years ago to pull boats and to drive around as usual when it snows;the truck does both VERY well and effortlessly. Maintain the vehicle with mfg. recommended maintenance on the drive train & you'll probably wind up keeping it for...
  4. riverrat jr

V8 Explorer MSRP's (mines a 98)

V/8 Explorer/Mountaineer MSRP Our 2001 Mountaineer Monterey msrp was $34,195.It had 119,500 miles on it when I bought it in March,2007. I paid $5000 for it & have done regular maintenance on it. It has been,and is, an excellent truck. It will turn 150,000 miles this week.:us:
  5. riverrat jr

Looking for Gray 2nd gen oem floor mats

oem mats I bought mine a few months ago for $30 & they were new old stock,still in the plastic wrapper, on ebay. The seller is usasupersale.:thumbsup: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380324137246&viewitem=
  6. riverrat jr

Boat Towing Advice Needed

Boat Towing I'd be O.D. off for a number of reasons. Good luck on your trip!:burnout:
  7. riverrat jr

Can feel every single bump in the road

Feel every bump in the road? Joe Dirt's comment about 'torsion twist' caused me to do some research on torsion bar suspensions.The long story made short is........... My buddy with a lift and I backed off the t.b. adj. bolts enough that the body frt.end was lowered 1 inch,added a camber kit and...
  8. riverrat jr

Can feel every single bump in the road

Feel every bump in the road? I have Michelin LTX M/S set to 34 psi,newer Monroe shocks. The rough ride & feel every bump issue just about stopped when I added 3 60 lb. sand tubes to the rear floor; cheap fix from Lowe's. (01 Merc Mountaineer,302 5L AWD 148k):thumbsup:
  9. riverrat jr

Clunk in suspension when accelerating

Thunk noise Try 4 or 5 ft. breaker bar to pry up on trans mounts ( a rack would help a lot) and see if the rubber part of mount(s) has separated. I think you've got a broken mount somewhere; probably the trans. :smoke:
  10. riverrat jr

Cannot Quite front end! Help

Thunk noise You said 'any ideas' sooo.... A few years ago I was asked to help with a similar concern on the same vehicle. All of the steps you've done had been done. We had access to a rack which helped a lot. I asked for a 4 or 5 foot breaker bar and pried up on the tail shaft of the...
  11. riverrat jr

first modification to 06 Explorer V8: Class III trailer hitch

Good thread Z. Thats a good looking Explorer, esp. w/a boat behind it! How many miles on it and that is a 6 speed trans used w/the v/8 isn't it?:smoke:
  12. riverrat jr

2006 XLT V8 towing in overdrive?

Flush/chg. trans now & every 30k,O.D. off for trip & use 6.5 more gal gas on trip. No problem.:smoke:
Back