Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Extended Warranty I just got back from a 5900 mile trip with the Ex and have not have been on the forum for awhile. I need to purchase and extended warrenty at a reasonable price. I know this discussion was posted before but I am unable to find the contact information. I sure would...
  2. B

MFT v2.10

Dealer updated my Ex to 2.10 and now they can not get the Nav working so another 3 days in the shop. Does it take a rocket scientist to do these updates? Jack
  3. B

Dealer updated Sync to 2.8 now nav is GONE

Anyone know how long it takes after the upgrade that it shows up in Syncmyride? Jack
  4. B

Door Handle Lock

Sorry to hear about your problem. Mine locks/unlocks just by touching the handle, do not have to even touch the button. Jack
  5. B

did 1st oil change-observations/questions

I would never by a Fram anything. Over the years there have been bunch of negative test results. I currently use Mobile 1 oil and filters but will go with what Ford recommends. Jack
  6. B

sunroof guard noise

I also have not noticed any flapping. Jack
  7. B

Spare Tire Area Storage

Great idea, just need a spot for the first aid stuff when traveling. Jack
  8. B

Buckets or bench?

The one we bought off the lot had buckets so we took it, now glad we did. The bench seats just do not fold the way I need them to. Jack
  9. B

Limited Owners Question

Why would you do that? Jack
  10. B

Ford Premium Maintenance Plan Question

I am trying to find a reasonable priced ESP 6/100,000. Have not heard back from the dealer I bought the rig from as of yet. I would not buy a maintenance plan, just my .02. Jack
  11. B

Brochure Private Cash

Must be different brochure versions both I have seen stated 5/31 on the brochure/coupon. Jack
  12. B

Ford Package Floor Mats

What happened is that I got two sets of mats ones with the carpet and some long ribbed heavy duty mats. Something I wa suppose to pay extra for but did not. Thanks for the replys. Jackson
  13. B

750 Private Cash Just for you.

Dealer explained to me once the coupon is entered into Vincent with the vin it will tell them what rebates are available. I understand the rebate comes from Ford not the dealer, so if it pops up I think they would honor it by the listed date of 05/31. Jack
  14. B

Ford Package Floor Mats

Thanks, just curious prior to picking them up. Jack
  15. B

Ford Package Floor Mats

Does anyone know what type of floor mats come with the Limited. They just happen to be in the package when I bought the limited, have to go down to the dealer today get it washed and tank of gas, xtra fob and all the other goodies. Front only, front and second row???? Thanks Jack
  16. B

Seperate topic for 2011 Explorer MyFord Touch

I will tag along with your idea, I still mountains to learn just not enough time in the day. Jack
  17. B

Hood Deflector

I have been debating this. Had one on the expedition but not one on the Excursion..do you think it really helps with anything. Taking a 4000 mile drive in August. Thanks, Jack
  18. B

DORA for my Explora

Maybe I am wrong but I was told that once the vehicle was received the vin is entered in to Vincent and Vincent was state what rebates are eligible for the particular vehicle. I was told by many dealerships if not received and signed for by 4/4 the $1000 would not apply. Jack
  19. B

Have to know.....

Actually it was the 11th. Jack
  20. B

Is buying under MSRP possible on the Explorer?

Like you said to each there own. I live 1200 miles from LA in SE Washington state, called a dealership in Anaheim(add another 30 miles or so) and all they were doing is MSRP??? If they would have tried to deal I would have flown down and picked it up! The dealers also make money on any car...
  21. B

Sir Francis Bacon said "Knowledge is power." If they are so high and mighty they may not be a dealership you want to deal with. I emailed about 20 dealers asking about pricing before 3 responded that they would order at invoice and one said they had one in stock and come and look. You just have...
  22. B

Sirius Traffic Weather Not Working

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. My wife seems to like the radio and I need the nav for trips. Jack
  23. B

I had requested two brochures and about 3 days before I went down to look at the rig it showed in the mail stating it was good until 5/31. The dealership I went with does only 120 cars a month and they sold 7 cars the afternoon I was there, who knows what they did before I got there. I am sure...
  24. B

Sirius Traffic Weather Not Working

Do you know what the cost of renewal is? Jack
Back