Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

He is right, here is the part number. BB5Z-6111600-AA
  2. U

Question on Standard 6-speaker Audio system

right now there is no way to add an aftermarket in-dash navigation because no one makes a dash kit at this time, once a decent one comes out I will be adding a Pioneer in dash nav unit to my base model.
  3. U

18" vs 20" wheels?

Sunday, but who wants to go to a Packers game?
  4. U

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

I really don't understand why they would do this, but the fix should be easy since all the parts of the lamp are there, check on the drivers side under the hood, right in front on the relay box, follow that heap of wires coming down from the relay box, do you see another unused connector there...
  5. U

is that the connector from the fog lamps? Just want to make sure
  6. U

just pm me your email address and I will send it to you, I cant post it on here. Sounds really strange they would put the fog lamps in and not connect them though, but it should be a pretty easy fix and Ford should def. cover whatever parts needed, like the new switch, does your switch have the...
  7. U

glove box issue

Yes, there are to clips under the glove box that can be taken out, this is what holds the whole thing in place and there is a cord on the right side as well, take out the clips and unhook the cord (you will have to remove the panel on the right side to unhook the cord) and the whole thing can be...
  8. U

In reality no you wouldnt need it, but you would have to cut out the portion molded around the fog lamp hole which may be kind of tricky to keep it looking good, I think it would be better in the long run to get the new bumper cover, I will have to dig up the part numbers for you.
  9. U

it doesnt come with the lights, you have to buy the lights and mounting brackets seperate, the funny thing about the current bumper cover on the base model is that all the required holes for the mounting bracket are already there....they just molded closed the holes for the lights....seems...
  10. U

18" vs 20" wheels?

It can be reprogrammed by the dealer so that it will be accurate, if you want to go that route.
  11. U

18" vs 20" wheels?

No idea, it was just the only place I could find anything at all, I haven't called them yet either, just wanted to put that option out there if someone wanted to give it a shot.
  12. U

18" vs 20" wheels?

Try here http://www.hubcaphaven.com/explorer_wheels.htm
  13. U

Already bought the switch with the fog light option, 140$ from peach state, and was able to switch it out in about 5 min. Will probably retro fit the fog lamps later this summer, also I have the wiring diagram and everything direct from the service manual if anyone needs it.
  14. U

Base model...

I agree. that is who I use, fortunate for me Peach State Ford is only 90 miles away so I pick up my parts when I drive through to Atlanta, they do have the lowest prices I have seen, and edge929, 90 miles from you is where I grew up oddly enough.
  15. U

Base model...

you can get every part of the car from Fordparts.com, except the chrome door handle it seems, but everything else can be purchased and if you find the right dealer on there it can be up to 50% off the MSRP of the part.
  16. U

Base model...

For the fog lights you would either have to get a whole new plastic bumper cover or you would have to do some cutting since they molded the spots for the fog lamps closed instead of using a plastic plug. as for the HID conversion, there are all sorts of places on the internet you can go to find...
  17. U

Seat Covers

Could you post pics when you get them and have them installed....and you are right about being a bit pricey 760$ for all seats.
  18. U

Seat Covers

Anyone put seat covers on yet....just wondering if there are some custom fit ones out there they actually look good.
  19. U

Base model...

1.)agree the no fog lamps kind of stinks..but I got over it fast 2.) auto-dimming rearview mirror can be added for 150$ from Ford or cheaper after-market 3.) and if you really wanted, OEM Limited wheels and tires can be added for 1000$ for the wheels and the price of whatever tires you choose.
  20. U

Base model...

obviously all the bells and whistles would have been nice....but still its a family car the only thing I will be adding is the headrest DVD system for the kids, will say I miss the plug in I had in my 2008 Escape though, but could not see any reason to spend an extra 10 grand for a limited to...
  21. U

Base model...

Steve, I have the base model, and to be honest I AM completely satisfied. Most of the upgrades for the XLT or LTD seemed unnecessary to me. The MFT is really the biggest thing and I just didn't need it. I was able to add the one feature that I wanted not available on the Base, which was auto...
  22. U

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

saw you have already listed your running boards on Ebay..lol.
  23. U

Gaps!!!

It is hard to know if the gaps are correct when I had nothing else to compare it to at the time....either way I would think if the gaps are not what they should be according to the manufacturer specs something can be done to resolve it.
  24. U

Gaps!!!

no, sorry days of living in Europe cause me to write the dates backward, 2 Dec 2010 is the build date
Back