Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

WTB:silver bumper cover/left front fender

i havent been on here for a while, schools been keeping me too busy, but i was in my first accident in the trac last night, and i only have liability insurance, so im looking for anyone who might have spares, or junk parts. i prefer silver, but beggars cant be choosers. im also not in the market...
  2. R

that poor ranger...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Fi7s0YMLQ
  3. R

CHEAP DIY Sound Deadening (Maybe)

and i just cut up some reflective sunvisors. worked pretty well, and doesnt make any noise from the speakers in the doors
  4. R

LOW Speed rollong to a stop ABS issue. Help!

so i finally got around to replacing the "faulty" abs sensor. since my truck would pull hard to the left before, i replaced the right sensor, because i had been told everywhere i asked that its usually the sensor opposite the direction it pulls. when i removed the old one it broke, exposing the...
  5. R

Sport Trac ABS theories & myths

well now i think im in some serious shyte. so i finally got around to replacing the "faulty" abs sensor. since my truck would pull hard to the left before, i replaced the right sensor, because i had been told its usually the sensor opposite the direction it pulls. when i removed the old one it...
  6. R

Timing Chain Rattle - OOM12 upgrade

i have a rattle at startup for maybe a half second, but at no other times, hoping its not the timing chains until i have the cash for a 5.0 swap...
  7. R

Where are the stock Sub and amps

the smaller "40" seat. if equipped. if not, you can install a stock one very easily if you find one (i did that) or get a box that either fits behind the seat (you will probably lose the storage cubbies in the process) or under one of the seats, which most people do a single 10 under the "60"...
  8. R

max oil

thats what it says in the manual. it might take a little more but ive never put more than 5qts in mine
  9. R

help! automatic shifter prob

there was a problem with i believe a bracket for the cable coming loose, you should be able to find the threads using the search tool, hopefully that'll help you solve your problem
  10. R

this really bothers me

theres no harm in using it anyway, is there? i was also thinking rust resistant primer
  11. R

this really bothers me

thats why i added the rust remover/reformer step
  12. R

this really bothers me

i was thinking about going the spray direction. remove front bumper cover, sand, clean, rust remover, primer, paint?
  13. R

this really bothers me

Its chipped paint over a minor rust spot. I wanna get rid of it. I have a few more spots that bother me too, but this is the big one. I've seen a writeup on how to dovtouchup paint here before, which was very helpful, but had no after pics. Do you guys have any tips on how to touch up paint...
  14. R

Trans cooler mount?

So just new pop rivets, sounds easy enough, any idea how short they have to be or what size?
  15. R

Trans cooler mount?

I have an 01 Sport trac and while i was adjusting the hood latch the other day (my hood used to bounce all the time) i noticed my trans cooler isnt attached to the mount anymore. it looks as if it had been held on by 4 rivets, and theyve all sheared or something. see pic. any suggestions on how...
  16. R

5.0 swap into 01 SportTrac

there are a few people who have done the v8 swap here and on trs, its not perfectly simple, as there will be issues no matter what year explorer. the alternator harness needs modification, and if i remember right the 42 pin plug needs to be repinned. early 2nd gens require a swap to a return...
  17. R

Poison Spyder Stinger on '01 Sport

i like it without the stinger even better! sweet bumper man, you should make a template for the rest of us :D
  18. R

Poison Spyder Stinger on '01 Sport

thats the best looking aftermarket/homebuilt bumper ive seen for that front end. looks awesome man
  19. R

4 pin trailer connector

is the pigtail located in the same place on a first gen sport trac? my 4wire connectors been torn off a few times, and id like to get the factory-looking pigtail if i can oh yeah, i forgot, Welcome!
  20. R

12v bed socket replacement?

Yeah. Whole slew of explorers.
  21. R

Route 3 to 95, 95 south to exit 126 then a right onto ft 1. Maybe 10 mins down route 1 on the left. Last time I went they had 2 sport track beds, but I couldn't find the trucks.
  22. R

i'm gonna need the wiring for the 12v socket, and the trailer wires, so im going to see if the junkyard in fburg will let me pull all the wiring from one of the beds they have. if that wont solve it, ill wire from there to the fusebox. at least it'll be neater.
  23. R

front skid plate

dang, i dont even have the plastic thing...
  24. R

i think id rather pull an entire section of harness from a junkyard, that is if its not possible to buy it online
  25. R

Yeah I need to find out where I can get that part of the harness.
Back