Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Picked up a clean '97 Sport

love that 97 ,my 2000 was still pretty clean when i put it to the yard .i still miss that truck . man i`d buy that 97 in a heartbeat ,for the right price..lol...its still a 97 .
  2. J

Jen's 03 Sport

i figured that was the case . good to see you still working on her ,makes me miss mine every time i come here .
  3. J

Jen's 03 Sport

pretty serious bumper jen .whats the reason you went this way with your spare ? does that have special bolts to hold the tire on to guard from theft? i miss my sport .maybe one day i buy another one .
  4. J

Tranny went on my 99 XLT, $2,000 to overhaul

man , i feel ya .lemme tell ya . just went thru this for the second time . first time my reverse went was about 10 years into my ownership . ok, i replaced it with a used one . 350.00 for a used trans from a towing service (good places to call around and get a used trans before it gets to the...
  5. J

not the typical ohv noisea

try turning the overdrive off(push button on the shifter)and try again ,report back your findings . hows the motor mounts?have you checked them?
  6. J

Did you know?

i was using "tempo" refills in mine . got em cheap too at ollies i think . havent seen them in awhile but i got a bunch down the basement and dont have a explorer anymore . ps- they fit in the plastic filler great too .
  7. J

96 explorer rough start up runs fine once warm

since this is a 96 it more n likely has a ohv engine ,although the op didnt say . that said if you have a rough idle apon a morning cold start that gets better as it warms up then i suspect you need to replace your upper plenum intake orings . they are just right under the upper plenum ...
  8. J

1996 ford explorere sport horn not working

could be out of adjustment as well .the horn should have a little star wheel or Philips kinda adjustment screw on the back .try turning it a little then try the horn again . if it dont work just replace it .easy job:thumbsup:
  9. J

Rebuilt 5r55e Transmission - Moves Forward in Reverse/Neutral

i dont know anything about trans rebuilds but could it be shifting cable is misadjusted? you said you cant get into low gear ,so your one gear off on the cable?? when trans is in park (put it there manually yourself )does shift indicator say park? aside from this sounds like the rebuild did...
  10. J

blown headgasket upgrade or stock or not

if your a master mechanic just get some ford head gaskets and replace them .why on earth you need 1k to do it? if the heads are good just reuse them ,your not making a racer . your ex looks nice ,i understand you want a pickup but those arent so good in snow . my ex never let me sitting in snow...
  11. J

creaking noise...you think its shocks/struts?

could be control arm bushings too . they seem to make the most noise like that when they go bad .
  12. J

front end making a creaking/squeaking noise???

like another poster said lube the ball joints ,if it does not go away do this . or you could just do this with the help of a friend . have someone get up under the front end close to the tire .now you push down on the fender ,make it bounce and have the helper listen for the squeak. i...
  13. J

New to the forum, IAC help, please

do you hear a howling noise from the airbox? thats a telltale sign the aic is not working right . cleaning is only a temp fix ,and not a fix at all if the valve is shot . buy a new one you will be glad you did .after you get your codes read of course to rule out anything else .
  14. J

how do i change the rear wiper blade??

last year for the sport was 2003, body style changed started in 2001 . so it only lasted another 2 years .
  15. J

the explorers i have driven(sports) all have the motor in the hatch with a arm that reaches to the glass and they just dont hit the glass with enough tension to really do even a mediocre job .(always missed a big area) now if you have a rear glass wiper that sits on the glass itself with no arm...
  16. J

po 171 and 174 stumped

on the 2000 4.0 ohv engine all you need do is take the upper air intake off and replace the oring seals that mate it to the lower intake . thats your issue .been there done that . no need to remove the lower ,unless while your in there you wanna do the whole thing .but 9 out of 10 its just the...
  17. J

dont sweat it ,they never clear the window worth a dam anyway ,new blade or not .
  18. J

end of the road for my ex

haha me too
  19. J

so we bought a 2014 kia rio hatchback now . maybe one day i have another explorer sport .i miss it
  20. J

i miss you :( [video]http://youtu.be/IUb3dXjzpno?list=UUVIKk2wLPZS-oR0r6SFZX-Q[video]
  21. J

Jen's 03 Sport

correct ,wont work for us though ,wife doesnt drive stick .
  22. J

Jen's 03 Sport

jen ,the issues with the focus hatch trans are shift problems related and car being in shop alot for that issue . people come online with complaints more than they do praise but i did the research and theres alot of negative comments about the newer focus hatchbacks (too many for us) . on the...
  23. J

Jen's 03 Sport

nothing yet jen but we been looking at kia rio hatchbacks ,just cant justify another gas guzzler we been too spoiled by our saturn coupe that gets 26-28 mixed and 32 hwy. the rio gets about the same and offers a hatchback in a small car form factor . i really wanted to go ford but the...
  24. J

Jen's 03 Sport

hey jen ,glad to see you still posting .i put my explorer down a few months back .reverse went on the second trans and i wasnt going to put another used trans in it so i let it go . junk yard gave me 600 for it . i miss that truck . had it 12 years . goodbye ol friend
  25. J

Bought a used ex with trans problem, how to sell?

in my area (PA) a used junkyard trans is 500.00 ,my mechanic charged me 500 to install it (i have 4by4) so 1k . i lost reverse in my second trans now so i decided to take mine to the junk yard . got 600.00 for it . sorry you had a dishonest seller ,but cudos to you fir being the better...
Back