Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2018 Explorer XLT - Navigation issue

Nannie State rules apply. While in motion you will need to use voice control. Good luck.
  2. T

Oil Change interval

Trust Science So you think Blackstone screwed up? Or just tossed 182RG's oil down the drain and reported back that all is fine then? Come on, show science some love, it should be the info you base your decisions on. I think it better to base your decisions about this modern high tech (IE...
  3. T

Oil Change interval

Oh boy I'm sure the mod is going to relocate this to the one of the many other threads that have beat this topic to death. But until it's gets moved let's talk about politics or religion instead. Here's what I know for certain, my religion and my political view is the right and if you...
  4. T

How can I disable Sync from saying "Call Ended?"

What?? Can you elaborate more? What's expected? That 90% of the time the software does something and 10% of the time it does something else? Or that for the OP's phone it's doing what you expect and for Sarge's phone it's doing something different but that's OK because you expected that...
  5. T

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

This is the downside to how Ford (or Navtec) has chosen to operate the system. I don't know the inner workings, but is seems obvious that they are using the last known location, your speed and the vehicles compass heading to try to locate the vehicle on the (moving) map. All before the system...
  6. T

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - TPMS

Not sure if you looked at old threads about TPMS, but a while back I posted that I did not program the sensors on my winter wheels and have never gotten the idiot light. Granted I bought the exact Ford part number valve stem already in the Explorer (from eBay, they were out of a F150). If I...
  7. T

GPS status Can you clarify please, when this happened had you acquired GPS yet?
  8. T

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I think this is a new "feature" of MFT 3.6, on all prior versions, at least for me with my dumb LG Vx5600 phone, when I received a text message the notification would stay active until I selected listen or ignore. Rebecca, is this change in behavior what is expected? What is MFT suppose to do...
  9. T

911 Assist Reminder issue after 3.5.1 update

Added info I should have mentioned this in the last post. Just a little more detail that may be of interest to Rebecca and IVT. While this bug is fixed I do now get an alert. You know the "i" push menu next to the "home" push menu, it is now colored yellow telling me I have an alert (about...
  10. T

Phone disconnect popup won't time out after 3.6.2 upgrade

Different behavior I am adding to this thread because I think what am about to say should be of interest to Rebecca and the IVT, that's assuming she reads every post. The behavior I described in post #1 of this thread has changed. Today and yesterday as I approached my work and powered off...
  11. T

As an alternative you can run a vehicle health report which will report back the update, much easier if you have a Mac. Of coarse your mobile phone number must registered on your Ford support account and when you run the report Ford support must not be down for maintenance.
  12. T

I'm convinced, the GPS antenna in our Explorer is under the dash board. If this were a USENET newsgroup (anyone know what that is) we could add it to our FAQ.
  13. T

Tried a Motorola Droid, it behaved just like Sarge's. So my old dumb LG vx5600's bluetooth protocol must have been left behind by the ever improving MFT, oh well.
  14. T

That's really interesting, and Kirby, I don't doubt you were told this but seems fishy that's all. I seem to remember there is a Ford Tech participating in the forum. Is this something you have seen? Rebecca, Chrystal, any chance you can confirm that the location of the GPS antenna is under...
  15. T

saving navigation favorites with sync 3.6

I've upgraded my Explorer and Escape, both magically saved the Navigation favorites during the install. I'm guessing Ford finally wrote a small subroutine that copied the saved favorites off to the USB thumb drive and then copied them back to the system after the upgrade.
  16. T

How's it suppose to work? I like how Sarge's phone/system behaves, a small window popup that goes away quickly. With out full documentation of the MFT software I'm not sure what the correct behavior is suppose to be. Rebecca, if you are reading, is this something you can tell us? If not just...
  17. T

Thank you for trying to duplicate. I called tech support and Russell couldn't duplicate either with 3.6.2, actually he said he got no popups at all, which doesn't make sense. With 3.5.1 he at least got the small "phone disconnected" popup that went away quickly. So, same phone too different...
  18. T

No, dumb phone. Anyone else want to try to duplicate? Pair phone then power off, see if you get the behavior I'm seeing.
  19. T

Stick to the point Irrelevant. Point of the topic is bad software management, bad software testing. Someone replied the same way with my 911 Assist bug report, "why not just use 911 assist, then you won't have to deal with the bug". Don't you guys like things to be correct and behave...
  20. T

I haven't called Ford IVT yet to see if they can duplicate, but it has been pretty repeatable for me. And yes, like the 911 assist bug from last release it is minor, but annoying none the less, because MFT is suppose to be the great. In prior versions of MFT, if you have your phone paired...
  21. T

911 Assist Reminder issue after 3.5.1 update

They fixed it! The bug that I found in post one of this thread (and was duplicated and confirmed as a real bug by Ford IVT phone support) has been fixed in 3.6.2. They looked through their code, found the issue, corrected, compiled and tested, good for IVT. But just like this bug, IE...
  22. T

Ya, but you can get poutine anytime you want. I think I'd rather have that than MFT 3.6.2 which is nothing special.
  23. T

I had the same thing happen to me. Yesterday morning started the update and headed to work, 55 minute drive, after a while the screen just stayed black, figured I was hosed. Tried the install again on the way home, about 25 minutes later it was complete, almost, I have navigation but the after...
  24. T

GPS Connection Delays

That's my guess too. Did you read that somewhere or did your dealer confirm that? But the more I think about the OP's issues it's most likely not a loose cable, but still worth checking if the dealer can do it. I suggested a loose connection because the system used to sync up rather quickly...
  25. T

GPS Connection Delays

Got to be something wrong with the system Really nice job collecting this data, I find it very interesting. Your data makes me think there is something else wrong with the system. From my experience with electronic test equipment and running experiments something that we always have issues...
Back