Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Dealer Installed MFT Update

I asked the guy at my dealer this exact question and he said they just got a box of the updated nav cards from Ford.
  2. P

I called For Customer Service today to ask whether or not I should wait for the update or schedule an appointment with the dealer. The rep. looked up my account and then told me I should head to the dealer. I made an appointment for next week to get the update installed. I also confirmed with...
  3. P

Does it actually say "package is in the mail" on some people's syncmyride account?
  4. P

I'm interested in what who has the earliest build date that lets them download the update from home. From what people have posted here so far, everyone here with a build date April 2011 and earlier have to go into the dealer. I hope some with May 2011 build dates will let us know what...
  5. P

I got 2.11 updated at the dealer. I originally had 2.8 installed at the factory. My Ex. was built the same week as yours.
  6. P

I decided to make a new thread for this. Maybe collectively we can figure this out. On the Facebook page the Ford rep said the following: Ford Explorer Sorry everyone - I am now being told that certain early build Explorers will need to go to the dealer for the update. I'm trying to confirm...
  7. P

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Don't give up when you're so close to... ...having everything fixed right. I'm sure Ford will get you the nav card. If you have problems with that, get in touch with Rebecca at Ford or Natasha at Ford and they will get this straightened out for you. You're so close! It's like giving up...
  8. P

People keep flashing their lights at me.

I'll check it out. I've had my Explorer for a year now and this has only happened in the last few days. Honestly I think it is more an issue of the power of the regular lights rather than the aim as its been fine for the last year. I think I've just happened upon some more uptight people in...
  9. P

People keep flashing their lights at me.

The last few days I've had 3 occasions where people flash their lights at me thinking I am driving with my brights on. Each time I proceeded to flash my brights and show them what bright lights really look like. That shut them up!
  10. P

MFT indexes and builds media commands every time I start the Explorer

Update: My Thumb Drive May Be the Problem I think there may be some storage devices that MFT has difficulty with. I had previously used a 4GB Sandisk thumb drive that indexed once and then worked great. The problems I have been having with regard indexing have been with an 8GB Kingston thumb...
  11. P

Please tell me how this is done. I have looked and haven't found anything like that.
  12. P

I have a 2011 XLT with MFT. I have all of my music on a USB thumb drive (about 900 songs). Almost every time I start my Explorer it begins the process of indexing and then building media commands. It only takes about 5 min to complete the process, but it slows down MFT during that time and...
  13. P

New member of the Explorer family

Don't get me wrong, I ordered 3 weeks ago, but I've been "waiting" for it since the debut last summer. I'm kicking myself for not ordering sooner since I knew that the Ex is what I wanted. It is a sweet ride and I think we're all excited for our orders to arrive. I think I'll feel less...
  14. P

New member of the Explorer family

I too ordered the exact same vehicle (colors and everything) except with 4WD. I was nervous having not seen a white suede explorer on the lot, but in your pics it looks great! Congrats! Hey den6321, when did you order? Do you have a build date yet? I ordered just over 3 weeks ago and don't...
  15. P

build date

Mishtar or Edge, could you tell me how to contact Cory at Ford. I tried finding him on the Facebook page, but had no luck. Really anxious to get a build date and vin# for the XLT that I ordered. Just editing this post. I found the link for Cory at Ford 2 seconds after I posted this. Sorry.
Back