Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

maximum trailer weight

Close enough for politics. Guess they consider the 2wd 4door to be the same as the 4wd 2 door, :) Now I need to take my ****** to a scale and see what I weigh with my car.
  2. M

maximum trailer weight

Thats all well and good except, those are all the bigger engine's. Navajo's were the V6, 2door, :)
  3. M

maximum trailer weight

Hey guys, have a 93 navajo, 5 speed stick and am thinking about getting a camping/tent trailer and wanted to know what the maximum trailer weight I could go up to and still safely pull it with my rig. Im not wanting to go extreme or anything, but still need to know its maximum trailer weight...
  4. M

Dashboard lights

Not sure that tool is the right one, I have an after market radio. I was thinking the tool that looks more like a key
  5. M

Dashboard lights

And if anyone knows where to buy one Id be greatful! :)
  6. M

Dashboard lights

Interesting, mine has the 7 digit cluster, 6 main and the decimal digit. What is the cover your talking about? I know the numbering is transparent green, was thinking about doing a blue to go with Cyan for the end color, but now Im intrigued by the cover idea. Also, any idea where I can get...
  7. M

Dashboard lights

Ive been browsing ebay looking at various different colored LED lights for the dashlights, and came across something Im confused on, here's a quote "Some models use the larger 194 wedge base and some models use this smaller mini 17, 37 & 70 wedge base. This listing is for the mini wedge."...
  8. M

Replacement Headlights

I know this is an older thread, but I was looking at http://www.ebay.com/itm/7X6-7-X-6-BLACK-HOUSING-WITH-CLEAR-LENS-HALO-HEADLAMPS-FIT-FOR-Ford-F-150-/281241960779?fits=Year%3A1994%7CModel%3AExplorer&hash=item417b53c14b&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true#vi-ilComp and was wondering if they would also fit a 93...
  9. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

Also, what is optimal oil pressure for the 4.0?
  10. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

Ya my brain already went to a more premenant solution. Trying to figure out how I can mount it inside the car as well.
  11. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

Ok everyone keeps mentioning the mechanical gauges. How much are they, and how do I use them? Lol
  12. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

Really I have to take the engine out to get the oil pan off? Sighs.
  13. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

sighs... bearings sound expensive.. How much do oil pumps run? Im hoping that the pump is easily accessible after removing the oil pan?
  14. M

93 Navajo Oil Pressure

Hey guys, Ive posted about this in the past, but this time its really concerning me. Attached is a picture of my gauges and you'll notice that my oil pressure is, atleast in my mind, very very low. Engine temp is not really all that high and I have no check engine or check oil dummy light on for...
  15. M

Cup holder question

My current cup holders are fairly shallow, there is a cheap spring system you can get to put into the cup holder that expands and contracts depending on the size of the cup and actually squeezes the cup/bottle. My mom has one in her Navajo, doesn't matter the size of the bottle so long as it...
  16. M

Increase MPG

Well already took the roof rack off. Never used it anyway. The few times a year something does go on the roof it just sits on the runners anyway. Might take out the spare tire, would love getting better rims, front spoiler? And suspension is already lower than the most explorers. :)
  17. M

Cup holder question

That doesn't look to bad really. Does the cup holder impact the side of your leg at all?
  18. M

Cup holder question

Can you take a pic of it?
  19. M

Cup holder question

No but I sure would love to know how to replace it. Id like to have a custom shift knob
  20. M

Cup holder question

Ya, think Ill just make my wife move her cup when I need to shift. 300 bucks is a tad much for me. :)
  21. M

Increase MPG

Ya Ive seen the epa rating for it, just always been the type that believes you can always squeeze more out of something, more performance, more mpg, more more more, :)
  22. M

Increase MPG

Wow those are cheap. Being non-mechanically inclined how hard is it to replace injectors? Also, do these work with the Navajo's? *Update* Looking at the list of covered models they only support up the 92 Navajo. :(
  23. M

Navajo replacement headlight assembly

Haven't had much luck finding Navajo specific headlight assembly's in junkyards, and am not sure where to go next. I've done some searching on eBay but it mostly brings up Mustang stuff, or Ford Explorer XLT parts, which XLT parts do not fit on my Navajo, I've tried with horrible results...
  24. M

Cup holder question

Ok don't judge, I know this may sound like a lame question, but on my 93 Navajo stick shift, the cup holder position is horrible, if I put any cup larger than a standard coffee cup in the holders, I either a, cant shift easily into second because the gear shift slams into the cup, or b, cant put...
  25. M

How to adjust rear wiper

Do you know if its possible to replace the splined wheel? My wiper arm has this same issue, I readjust it all the time but after one or two swipes it skips off the correct spline and wont go back into the seat. Motor itself still works great, just think the splined wheel may be stripped a bit.
Back