Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

"NAV SD Card Fault"

We were having this issue a lot after the dealer did the latest update and replaced the nav card. Noticed on the web site that it would still let me order another A4 card, once I received and installed it, no more errors. Leads me to believe it was a problem with the card itself.
  2. O

Squeaky Front suspension

Have the squeak as well. Told the dealer last time it was in and they said it they couldn't hear it but it might be the air inlet scoop thing behind the air dam, it wasn't mounted right so they ordered a new one and replaced it. Didn't make any sense to me but whatever let them try. Anyway...
  3. O

Rattle from driverside dashboard in cold, at highway speeds

Yes this weekend on our way to skiing. I found if I pushed down on the far left edge of the plastic piece up front, the part that had the vents for the defrost, it would stop. So when I got home I popped it up with a flat screwdriver and stuck in a wadded up piece of rag, then snapped it back...
  4. O

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

The "bump" is definitely not normal. When I heard it I half expected to see the transmission laying in the road behind me in the mirror. Took it to my dealer, no questions asked they did the TSB and now it drives as smooth as ever. Good fix. Also had the radiator fan replaced (and radiator...
  5. O

Trans issue - anyone else?

I am taking in my 11 ex tomorrow for an oil change/tire rotation and am having them check out the trans for this exact same issue. Shifts so hard sometimes I half expect to see the trans laying in the road behind me afterwards. Of course I can never seem to make it do it, so I'm sure the...
  6. O

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

A TSB does not force Ford to replace all the parts out there, that would be a recall - normally only done for safety issues, ie. gas tanks falling off. A TSB merely lets service departments know that "Hey, we know this issue exists, here's what to do if someone comes in with it."
  7. O

Just leave it off and tell them it flew off on the highway.
  8. O

Not all dealers will make you reproduce the noise. My dealer actually just takes my word on issues and fixes them without questioning it. I've had my passenger apillar replaced twice now and so far so good.
  9. O

SyncMyRide

Just two? That's nothing looks at this: (copy/pasted from syncmyride) Type Name Version Description Status Date BT4T-14D544-BM Gen2 - V2.11 This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC...
  10. O

Had mine replaced for the second time about a week and a half ago. The tech said he could see on the old one where air could get in. Two days ago had to make a 4 hour round trip, on the interstate going 80, and all is well for now did not hear any noise. Parts look the same.
  11. O

HITCH NOISE - Receivers Smaller than Hitch

My previous vehicle was the same way, 09 saturn outlook. I just wrapped black duct tape around the receiver so that it was a tight fit and it stopped the noise. could be a bear to get out sometimes though.
  12. O

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Had mine done yesterday, according to the paperwork it is TSB 2011-07-24
  13. O

Just got back from a 2000 mile road trip/vacation. We had our moulding replaced, but the noise came back. I stopped at a truck stop and put some electrical tape down the moulding, noise is gone. I'm thinking about sealing the moulding with some black rtv, I should be able to do it without...
  14. O

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Living in New Mexico I haven't had the chance to hear the rain yet, and rarely will, however I noticed when drying the x after washing it yesterday if you tap your finger just above the windshield compared to just behind the curve of the metal there is a big difference in sound, and I can see...
  15. O

had mine fixed last week, the parts only took about 4 days to come in so I don't think they are back-ordered
  16. O

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

I would definitely take it in to the dealer then.
  17. O

New Sirius channel lineup effective May 4th.

Does your MFT touch button not work? When on the sirius scren, if you touch the bottom left corner (where it shows sirius 123), it should cycle through the 3 presets.
  18. O

Another happy owner

Well just had windhsield frame replaced today, so don't quite know yet if the noise is gone. More so because I had to leave the explorer there. While there they updated the MFT to 2.8, when I got in to leave I noticed that my NAV had disappeared, so they kept it to reprogram again tomorrow...
  19. O

What is the latest incentive?

You can do better than 4.9. I just got mine last week through my dealer at 2.99 for 72 mos.
  20. O

Hood Deflector

Funny I just installed the ford one this weekend. I thought the same thing when I looked at those clips and screws and the lousy isntructions that are just pictures, but after five minutes of playing with the clips and looking at the hood the light bulb went on and it was very easy to put on...
  21. O

Another happy owner

Well day two and already heard the infamous A-pillar noise. No biggie stopped by dealer on way home from work and they ordered the parts and will replace the same time as the mirror turn signal. Thankfully from being on this forum I knew immediately what the noise was so it didn't phase me at...
  22. O

Another happy owner

Well after 14 weeks from order date, I finally picked up my Bourdeaux red Limited yesterday. The dealer was outstanding, will definitely recommend them to everyone I know, Don Chalmers Ford in Rio Rancho, NM. Trade-in was more than I expected, in fact over $2000 more than carmax had offered...
  23. O

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Another plus for Ziegler! Just picked up my ex yesterday, brought a printout quote from Ziegler with me at $1175 for a PremiumCare 6 yr/100,000 mile $50 deductible, the finance person showed me her cost for it was $1235 and she didn't understand how they were selling it so low. So I told her...
  24. O

What's your status?

Yes, our dealer has been great and has put in writing our rebates. Only thing left in question is trade-in value of our current car, they wouldn't give an offer on it when ordering as he said he didn't want to give a number and have it change by the time I actually trade it in, and now with the...
  25. O

What's your status?

Mine must have been on the same train! Dealer just called and the truck was just dropped off at the railyard here in Albuquerque, will finally pick up Thurs. Only took 14 weeks!!
Back