Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

flat towing a 2000 sport

Would it be ok to tow my explorer behind my truck for about 25 miles on back roads? I know its not good for the trans so I was thinking just let the thing idle in N or even in Drive for the trip. it would only be 1 or 2x a year I would do this. Thanks for any replies.
  2. T

2000 ohc wont start

Got it fixed, had to tow it to the ford dealer. The key went bad, they cut me 2 new keys and programmed the computer to them, $150.
  3. T

2000 ohc wont start

thanks for the reply, guess I gotta take her to the dealer
  4. T

2000 ohc wont start

It only has 95,ooo miles on it, so I want to keep it for a while yet, or until it rots apart. I'll check with ace if they can clone the key. I talked to the dealer, it would be 100 bucks for them to reflash something with the system, and if I needed the new module or the ignition switch it was...
  5. T

2000 ohc wont start

the compression was between 150-170 psi. I did get it to run on eather for about 3 seconds but it too a lot of it sprayed down the 3/4 open throttle body. Im guessing it has to be something with the injectors. is there a simple test for the antitheft? If someone has a used tuner for sale...
  6. T

2000 ohc wont start

sounds normal, ill give the compression a check and see what she looks like '
  7. T

2000 ohc wont start

new cam pos sensor didn't help, checked fuel pressure, it went to 60 psi the 2nd time I tried it. held that pressure then every time after that. only have 1 key for it so I cant try another key.
  8. T

2000 ohc wont start

Yeah its a soch, will try the things you said tomorrow and see what happens. is the cam pos sensor located on the drivers valve cover by the oil fill? I saw something there that looked like a cps
  9. T

2000 ohc wont start

tried priming 5 x and cranking with it wide open. didn't even try to start. As soon as key is turned anti theft flashed rapidly. Ive read if the anti theft is bad it will turn off injectors, but if I used eather it should start on that correct? Im getting my fuel pressure gauge back...
  10. T

2000 ohc wont start

the fuel pump primes very quietly, but if I press on the Schrader valve a little bit squirts out. It still wont start on eather though. Will try priming it 5x and trying to start and see what happens
  11. T

2000 ohc wont start

My 2000 has had trouble starting when cold, now it wont start at all and its warm out. I pulled a plug wire and stuck a plug in it, it has spark. I sprayed eather in it and that didn't help. it might have sputtered once every 5 sec of cranking. check engine light is off when cranking, it...
  12. T

plowing with exporer

I searched, seems like some guys are using it. I would just be doing my drive way, but that is 1/4 mile long. I might be confused as to how the t-case in these works. I know in my ranger when its locked in, the front and rear are locked together. With the auto track i though there was a chain...
  13. T

plowing with exporer

Can the transfer case in a 2000 exp take the abuse of plowing snow? I don't think its a chain drive like my ranger, I have a feeling the clutch that transmits power to the front will not like it. Also, is it normal for the power steering to act weird for abot 20 miles if you coast with the...
  14. T

abs codes

thanks for the quick reply. Do these scanners plug into the obd 2 port then or somewhere else? I have a 92 with an intermittent abs light as well thanks
  15. T

abs codes

Is there a way to check abs codes without going to the dealer? autozone cant read them, I dont know if advanced auto can do them eather.
  16. T

few trans questions

I added the tcc lockup switch, just put a t splice in the correct wire and the other end to ground. Im not worried about throwing a code, i already made it do that once or twice. If its not gonna hurt anything leaveing it on for extended periods, im good to go in that regard. As for the...
  17. T

few trans questions

:exporange Will it hurt anything to leave me conver lockup switch on for an extended period of time while on the highway? I am taking it to tenessee and hate that it locks and unlocks every time it goes down or up a hill. I know there were certain chevys that you would fry the solenoid if you...
  18. T

lugs when upshift from 2nd

Does the a4ld allow overdrive with the torque converter unlocked? If it ran in that mode, it would acclerate very slowly, but the rpms should be around 2000-2500 or whatever the stall speed of the converter is. If it only runs locked then it would drop the rpm a lot
  19. T

I think its pin 54 on the computer that activates the tcc lock. Cut it and see what happens. If it runs normally its probablly a computer problem. Eather get a new computer or just add a swich for lockup.
  20. T

21mpg 97 5.0????

was the next tank really bad mileage? Maybe that pump shut off early and didnt fill the truck all the way
  21. T

When the truck is in 3rd or od, does the tcc lock and unlock if u tap the brakes then? Im thinking there might be a short in the line and it locks up as soon as it hits 3rd gear. Tapping the brakes wont unlock the tcc then,
  22. T

Thoughts on my potential load:

11000 gcw with 5.0
  23. T

Rearended

Man that sucks, hopefully you can get it back on the road soon. How smashed up was the other car?
  24. T

Towing 2011 Explorer behind motor home.

harbor freight has light kits for 10 bucks. There magnetic, and come with 2 foot wire leads
Back