Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Lack of power issue with 93 EX, Multiple ODB Codes

I have been having a problem with the EX recently - after warming up there is a loss of power. I max out at about 30-35 MPH at tops with repetitive hesitations. I tried pulling codes and have: 157 159 177 543 556 Anyone else experience an issue like this with similar symptoms? The...
  2. F

31x10.50's on stock EX'

Thanks! By chance could you point me to a decent set of springs?
  3. F

31x10.50's on stock EX'

I am picking up a set of 31x10.50's tomorrow and am curious as to how badly they'll affect the stock 93 Explorer? Will the gears be fine? Is everything going to explode and the world end while I'm driving? Any insight would be awesome. Thanks!
  4. F

*911* Bolt broke while changing shocks!!

Thank you. You're a lifesaver. Also, I'd like to add regarding that thread you linked to: The NAPA replacement part number is now listed as 650-1100 (I work there).
  5. F

The long piece in the middle of the picture is what I'm referring to. At the bottom of the front shock there is a nut/washer combo that you have to take off. Trying to take it off the bolt snapped and it seems as if the whole thing was one piece that goes into the sub-frame. That broke clean off.
  6. F

Sorry for the poor picture but it's from my phone. Changing the front shocks the bolt/nut combo snapped off (see image below). How do I get this thing out? I need to have this done tonight.
  7. F

Who has the biggest first gen????

That white one on the first page is actually the 1st gen that inspired me to purchase and build mine when the opportunity came up.
  8. F

Shocks & Springs (93 XLT)

Hate to be 'that guy', but I gotta bump this. I'm starting work on the EX tomorrow and this issue is one of my top priorities. Any suggestions? If it helps, I'm not building a monster rig strictly for crawling. It will be for regular driving with random off roading.
  9. F

Losing brake pressure?

I'm going to have to repeat the master cylinder answer here. The only other possibility that I can think of is a vacuum leak, but since you just did brakes it's extremely likely it's the master cylinder.
  10. F

Anyone on here sporting these?

I will. I should be starting a thread on my EX soon before I'm about to do an entire rebuild. I bought this Explorer solely to build.
  11. F

Dude, those are perfect. Thanks, man.
  12. F

Bumping this for another question, hope no one minds. I want some tires that are going to be good for a daily driver but with a bold look (35's preferably, but I'll do 33's if I can't find anything that meets what I want). Can anyone point me in the direction to something that will fit the nice...
  13. F

Thanks, man. That's what I needed.
  14. F

I'm looking into these: http://www.jcwhitney.com/soft-8-black-steel-wheels/p2019534.jcwx?filterid=d16937y1993o20j1#prodDetailTabPanel I'm wondering if anyone on here is sporting these or anything extremely similar? I have a 1st gen. so I'm curious as to how they'll look.
  15. F

Parting out 94 Eddie Bauer

Is any of this interchangeable with the '93 XLT?
  16. F

Shocks & Springs (93 XLT)

I have a 1993 XLT (4X4) that I'm currently beginning on and I'm going to need new shocks and springs pretty much right away (bouncy, bouncy). I plan on eventually putting a lift on the truck that will allow me 33's or 35's (still on the fence about which). Can anyone recommend me a set of the...
  17. F

Newbie from VA

Thank, Jeremy. Brandon, do you all your work yourself or do you have a shop you work with/go to/trust?
  18. F

Newbie from VA

Henrico/Varina. You?
  19. F

Newbie from VA

What's up, everyone - I'm a new guy from Richmond, VA. 1993 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 that's going to need a lot of TLC to get to where I want it.
Back