Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

rebuild replacement parts search question

I wouldn't thinks so my bolts look like new and so does the snap ring. Just going by the manual.
  2. H

rebuild replacement parts search question

Where can I find the 25x2mm retaining ring for the output shaft ATSG manual says to throw old one out and get a new one but I can't find one, Also where would I find the new M10x33mm converter housing to case bolts the manual says to replace?
  3. H

5r55e disassembly question

How do I remove the planetary gear from the drum assembly front brake and coast clutch to replace the clutch plates. I have the atsg manual but I do not see how to remove the planetary so the clutch plates can be replaced.
  4. H

torque converter to fly wheel question

I have a 2001 ranger 4x4. When installing the transmission if the bell housing bolts are tight will there be enough room to rotate the flywheel to align the torque converter studs or should the bell housing be left loose enough to allow the studs on the torque converter to rotate? I have pulled...
  5. H

pulling transmission question

I am pulling the transmission out of my 2001 ford ranger. Almost ready to drop it, and I was taking the exhaust crossover loose but ran into trouble getting the sensors unplugged from the exhaust. I cant even reach the front one near the engine. Do you guys have any tips or tricks to unplug the...
  6. H

tranmission swap Question

How much trouble would it be to swap an automatic to a manual transmission on a 2001 ford ranger? P.S. which manual transmissions will work?
  7. H

OD Servo cover question

I wanted to check my Od servo without pulling the valve body, I got the snap ring off but the cap will not come out of the bore. Any ideas how to get it out?
  8. H

5r55e troubles

Question. You call it an input sprag, when I look for parts I see a overdrive sprag and a rear low sprag . Is there more than two sprags?
  9. H

5r55e troubles

That's what I kinda thinkin too. Guess I may as well go ahead and put a rebuild kit in it as well. What do you think?
  10. H

5r55e troubles

It started out going neutral after kicking passing gear in, evolved to going neutral in drive let up on gas it would go back in gear.I changed the separator plate gasket all was good. Strong engagement in all gears until I kicked it into passing gear again then I lost drive and reverse, but I...
  11. H

5r55e troubles

what do I look for say for instance if the pump was bad?
  12. H

5r55e troubles

I am currently having trouble with my reverse and drive they seem to engage but will not move till I raise the rpms, like there is not enough fluid pressure. I have replaced the valve body with a rebuilt one but still the same. I am going to replace reverse servo seals next. If that does not...
  13. H

EPC solenoid 5r55e

where to buy hello. where did you buy your EPC and Upgraded Bracket?
  14. H

4.0 sohc jackshaft sprocket?

I am soon going to replace my timing chain tensioner on the jackshaft. can the chain and sprockets be replaced without disturbing the timing or should i just do the tensioner and guide? the reason i ask, i have already done this once and it did cure the rattle for about 4 or 5 months but now it...
Back