Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Hi everyone, All of a sudden my rear-view camera didn't come on yesterday. All I got was a black screen with a warning that read "Camera is unavailable. Please contact your dealership." After a few restarts (I was running errands) the camera came back on but without any guides. Guides haven't...
  2. B

Rear Shock Absorbers Help

Thanks guys! I appreciate the quick replies! Always nice to come back and post! :)
  3. B

Rear Shock Absorbers Help

Hi everyone, I took my 2011 Ex in for service this morning. SA just called to tell me the rear shock absorbers "are gone and are leaking pretty badly" (his words). He quoted me $850 for the shocks alone PLUS installation. :eek: I haven't felt anything from the rear end of the car to indicate...
  4. B

USB audio bug

That bug's been there since the beginning. It's well documented and it affects not only flash drives but iPods as well.
  5. B

URGENT MESSAGE to FordIVTeam!!! Please Read

Hello Rebecca, I'm glad to see you speak German. How about if we go back to MY issue since this is my thread after all... I was supposed to get a call from Mario Ronda on January 4th. That never happened. I emailed Mr. Ronda on January 23rd asking for an update and I have not heard back from...
  6. B

iOS 6.1 out today

Thanks for the the tip cnsheets. I noticed that Allow Notifications was off on my phone as well (iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1). I turned it on, went to the car and pressed Messaging. For the first time the not compatible warning didn't come up. I tried sending a text and like everyone else, it...
  7. B

Is there any hope to make MFT idiot proof?

There is no hope. You better start writing that "for sale" ad.
  8. B

v3.5.1 Map Zoom

MFT is the epitome of one step forward--two steps back.
  9. B

v3.5.1 Map Zoom

Has anyone noticed that in v3.5.1 the navigation map doesn't zoom in all the way like it used to? Setting the map to 0.05mi is now the equivalent of having it set to 1.0mi before. The image below (just a representative image I found online) is a good example of what we no longer get with...
  10. B

Water coming into my car through the interior lights!!!!

Joeymustang, Look at this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334643. I had the exact thing happen. It turned out to be a kinked water line; took the dealer a week to find the issue but they did!
  11. B

URGENT MESSAGE to FordIVTeam!!! Please Read

My Explorer is stuck at the dealer with a MFT failure problem. It's been almost two weeks. I sent you a PM. Please read it.
  12. B

Explorer Sport or BMW X5

I'm not sure about MPG, to me MPG is a non-issue withing a vehicle category. If you're buying a six cylinder SUV, who cares if one gets "12 MPG" and the other "19 MPG." All those ratings are averages tested under very subjective conditions. In everyday driving, it's all the same and at the end...
  13. B

Explorer Sport or BMW X5

I had an X5 (prior generation) a few cars before the Explorer. It's not fair to compare the two as they are totally different vehicles. It boils down to what do you value the most? If its fit, finish, customer service, and a solid vehicle, the X5 is the right choice. If you are willing to let go...
  14. B

Windows 8 Phone

MS runs the OS on MFT, which has nothing to do with the UI (which is Adobe Flash based). Windows 8 won't work any better or any worse than other phones just because it's Microsoft. On a brighter note, LMK how you like your new phone. All I keep reading and seeing is that the new mobile MS OS is...
  15. B

Difference between 2011 Explorer MFT and 2013 Mustang MFT

The 2013 Mustang doesn't have MFT. It has the first generation Sync system with Navigation. I had that same system in my 2009 Flex. First gen Sync is SOLID. That thing worked 100% of the time. NEVER crashed. It was a delight. MFT, not so much.
  16. B

Removing front bumper valance / air dam

I keep hitting parking bumpers all over the place. It's ridiculous! Has anyone removed the black trim piece under the front bumper?
  17. B

I suddenly can not make or receive calls- HELP!

First things first. You need to determine if the problem is the phone or MFT. 1. Pair another phone with MFT and see if you get them same problem. If you do, the issue is probably with MFT. If you don't the issue is definitely with the phone. 2. If the issue appears to be with MFT, restart...
  18. B

Sync and iOS 6

This is what I found out: iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Didn't test iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMessage ON - MFT said no support iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage OFF - Connects iPhone 5, iOS 6, iMessage ON - Connects Even thought iPhone 5 connects, nothing happens. MFT doesn't react to incoming texts or...
  19. B

Sync and iOS 6

I just had a thought. BostonRyan, do you have iMessage ON or OFF?
  20. B

Sync and iOS 6

Official iOS 6 running on iPhone 4S and nothing. BTW, IVTTeam, there's a typo on your screen and the grammar is second grade. It should say "The phone currently connected does not ..." #MFTFailure
  21. B

My iPhone 5 arrived early!!!! Go figure, it made MFT blazing fast!!! :-)

Nothing like a little Monday humor. LMBO!!! Now, let's see how many views does this little thread gets in the next few days! LOL! :D
  22. B

MFT Update

Installation confirmed. No issues.
  23. B

Sync and iOS 6

For those with iOS 6 beta 4, look for Bluetooth Sharing under Settings/Privacy. I just read an article in PC World that says new BT functionality will be run by Bluetooth Sharing. I'm wondering if you're not getting MAP functionality because Bluetooth Sharing is off...
  24. B

Could not find answer in owner's guide

dbwoods101, your wife should have gotten the "no key" warning the second you set foot out of the car. I leave my car running while I run into, say, 7-Eleven to grab something all the time. The "no key" warning comes up immediately. When you go to the dealer, make sure they confirm the warning...
  25. B

What's next for MFT?

RonJrSVCMGR got censored??? :D How did I miss THAT???
Back