Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto Headlights

I've had the same problem (also a LTD with 302a). It doesn't always work and the amount of rain and length of time the wipers are on do not seem to make a difference. Unfortunately, when I took my car in, they forgot to check for it (I'd added it on at the last minute). My salesperson checked my...
  2. G

Tin Roof Rain noise.

If your Ex is normal then congratulations. Please, just ignore this thread. For those of us who find it loud enough to stop normal conversation, it's annoying, and yes, we'd love a fix. Have a great day.
  3. G

Tin Roof Rain noise.

So, I took my Ex in for a couple of items and had them check for the rain noise issue. The report from the dealer came back that my Ex sounded like the one they have on the lot. Well, no %$##^. I got a blank look when I re-explained the issue. Then, as I was about to leave my salesman was...
  4. G

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

I was wondering if anyone has tried rolling up the rear cargo cover (3rd row down) in a pinch in order to use the 3rd row while out and about. I realize they come rolled up in delivery, but once it's laid out flat, is it easy to fold up again for a short while? I'm debating ordering it. I have...
  5. G

Offer me a hug and tell me it'll be OK

Now that I have my Ex, I'm simply not on here too much to sing its praises. If I have a problem? Well, I'll be back around really fast. So, don't let it get you down to read of problems. I've had mine since the beginning of April and I've almost 2k miles on her and I'm really happy. Yes, when...
  6. G

Ditto. Melissa was great to deal with today. I've been very happy with my first order from them and am looking forward to getting the 3rd row footwell.
  7. G

GPS Dropping Out

The Ex's ability to drive on water is outstanding, for sure! ;)
  8. G

GPS Dropping Out

I have no idea if it's normal, but it was rainy and foggy in Chicago Friday night and GPS freaked out when I was in the city and had me driving off in Lake Michigan. I couldn't get it to re-set. Finally, on it's own, the whole system shut down and the screen was blank. I'm glad I knew where I...
  9. G

Other vehicles you considered before buying the 2011 X

I seriously considered: -Flex -Highlander -Odyssey/Sienna (well, these not as seriously) I looked at everything that could hold seven passengers, though. I probably would've gone with the Flex if the Ex turned out not to be an option. I like its quirky-ness. I do like that I can proudly...
  10. G

BLIS Error

Looking forward to hearing what you find!
  11. G

BLIS Error

I've posted before that I have this happen when I pass a particular medical building. But, now I think it's the neighboring high school. It always happens when I pass it and only when I pass it, and is fine again once I re-start my car. The road there is just as clean as any other, so it's not...
  12. G

Can an order be changed?

If you received your VIN, you may just need to re-order. The dealer, at this point, will most likely need to take delivery regardless. I made a change after my order had been "pulled" (that's the term my dealer used... don't know if there was a VIN yet, but I would guess that there was) and...
  13. G

No signatures and no deposit - sound fishy?

Not necessarily fishy. I didn't give a deposit. I did initial the DORA, but not a contract. Granted, I purchased on X-plan, so no price negotiation was involved, but they kept their word on the value of my trade-in without anything in writing. I suppose it all depends on the dealership. I hope...
  14. G

I think they look great! I've not seen WT's to compare, but that's OK because I'm super happy with them. I have the 1st and 2nd row + cargo well. I will be ordering the 3rd row foot well when available.
  15. G

Blind Spot Info System

There is a building I pass that seems to block the sensors (both lights stay on and I get the error message) and it stays that way until I start the car again. It's only when I drive Eastbound vs. Westbound past the building. It is a medical building, so all I can think of is that some of their...
  16. G

Have to know.....

Shhhh. Skynet became self-aware two nights ago. :p: I've had wacky things with my MFT in the past few days. Among them, it seems as though when it's in doubt, it goes to radio.
  17. G

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Who did you purchase it through? Is that their standard price, or was that through your super negotiation skills? :D
  18. G

Blind Spot Info System

I think the mirrors set properly remove the need for BLIS. The blind spots aren't bad. However, the cross-traffic portion is super nice in parking lots and on my street. Kids and crazy teen drivers come out of nowhere and this has picked it up. The bizarre thing with BLIS that I've had happen...
  19. G

aiming headlights and auto on

So, I looked through the manual for setting yesterday and all I found was that it said that if you have auto headlights, they will go on automatically when the wipers go on. OK. Fine. Mine don't, so something to talk to the dealer about. Well, it's raining today and today they work correctly...
  20. G

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Oh. My. You definitely have to hear it to understand it. It sounded like huge balls of hail hitting my car and it was only large drops of rain. They seriously forgot to put in sound deadening material.
  21. G

Engine hesitation

I almost feel it's too responsive! But I am coming from a car with turbo lag.
  22. G

Thanks -- looks like I have something else to add to my list for the dealer. I tested this out quite a bit yesterday and they never came on with auto. And, if I had them on manually and switched to auto headlights, they would turn off after a delay even though the wipers were still going and...
  23. G

That's interesting... that's not been my experience at all. I had to manually turn the headlights on when my wipers were going.
Back