Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

1998 Eddie Bauer Front Diff Roar??

Just bought a 98 Eddie Bauer 4X4, it has the 4.0SOHC engine. When driving between 25 and 50mph there is a roaring noise that sounds like it is coming from the front of the vehicle. If I'm coasting, the noise disappears, put my foot on the gas, it comes back. The noise goes away at speeds over...
  2. C

'98 Sport High Idle...sometimes???

Ok, have a '98 Sport 4X4 4.0SOHC with 174,000 miles on it. A couple months ago I was getting gas, got back in the car and started it up, idle went straight to 2500rpm. Shut it off, waited, started, same thing. I couldn't find a problem with a quick look under the hood so I started it back up and...
  3. C

Rough Ride!! Need Advice...

I've tried running anywhere from 26psi to 35psi and I can't tell a difference at all, feel every crack in the road!! I'm sure some of it has to do with the tires, but, not sure how much. The tires are about 3 years old and have about 1/3 tread left, so, they still look good although I'm sure...
  4. C

Anyone else have a particular shock that you've had good results with?? I've always liked Tokico, I had a set of KYB Gas Adjust shocks on my Buick GN and they were pretty good. I know that the GR2 are cheaper and are a "twin tube" and the Gas Adjust are "monotube".
  5. C

Thanks for that info, I'll have to find a set of those :)
  6. C

I honestly don't want to spend a ton of money on it b/c I'm not sure that we will have this Explorer much more than another year. Do the Sports have a problem with leaf spring sag?? It does appear that the front sits slightly higher than the rear just judging by the gap between the tire and the...
  7. C

So my GF has a '98 Explorer Sport XLT with 174,000 miles on it. I installed new shocks a couple years ago which seemed to help quite a bit at the time, installed new sway bar bushings (front and rear) this past summer. It has the 16" wheels with Goodyear Wranglers on them and they are about 3...
  8. C

97 - Power Windows Roll Down Slowly, But Roll Up Quickly...

Same here, easy fix, do it before you break the gears :)
  9. C

Mpg?

'98 Sport 4X4 4.0 SOHC, get 17.5 with mixed driving right now, working on increasing that some more. It has 174,000 miles on it too!!
  10. C

Disappearing Antifreeze?!

My GF has a '98 Sport with 174,000 miles and I've recently noticed the same thing. I finally found that it is coming from the front passenger side of the intake manifold just below where the thermostat is. Looking uner the engine I can see a trail of green. It leaks real slow and evaporates...
Back